Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Why hasn't TCU moved to the SEC yet?
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I Root For: Houston, PVAMU
Why hasn't TCU moved to the SEC yet?
They've already been in the Big 12 two years, why haven't they moved on to the SEC? They moved so quick from the SWC, to the Whack, to Coosa, to the fictional western airline, flirted with the idea of taming the BEast and finally moved on to the Big 12-2.
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2015 05:02 PM by C2__.)
06-06-2015 12:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

panite Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Owls-SC-RU-Navy
RE: Why hasn't TCU moved to the SEC yet?
(06-06-2015 12:01 PM)_C2_ Wrote:  They've already been in the Big 12 two years, why haven't they moved on to the SEC. They moved so quick from the SWC, to the Whack, to Coosa, to the fictional western airline and finally to the Big 12-2?

Because they finally made it home Auntie Em. They are back with most of their old SWC partners that ditched them years ago, and now with Oklahoma, OK State and the old Big 8 refugees that Nebraska and Colorado ditched for greener pastures not so long ago, that include teams from the fine state of Kansas and Toto land. 04-jawdrop 05-stirthepot 07-coffee3
06-06-2015 12:23 PM
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
What would the SEC gain by adding TCU?

That would be like Big 10 adding Pitt.
06-06-2015 12:24 PM
Frog in the Kitchen Sink Offline
All American

I Root For: TCU
(06-06-2015 12:01 PM)_C2_ Wrote:  They've already been in the Big 12 two years, why haven't they moved on to the SEC. They moved so quick from the SWC, to the Whack, to Coosa, to the fictional western airline and finally to the Big 12-2?

Which move would you have advised against along the way, if given the choice?
06-06-2015 12:29 PM
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

(06-06-2015 12:24 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  What would the SEC gain by adding TCU?

I'm joking that TCU moves around so much, that it's taking them too long to move forward.

(06-06-2015 12:29 PM)Frog in the Kitchen Sink Wrote:  Which move would you have advised against along the way, if given the choice?

None, see above.
06-06-2015 12:37 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(06-06-2015 12:37 PM)_C2_ Wrote:  

I'm joking that TCU moves around so much, that it's taking them too long to move forward.

(06-06-2015 12:29 PM)Frog in the Kitchen Sink Wrote:  Which move would you have advised against along the way, if given the choice?

None, see above.

A Southern Man's Reasons T.C.U. May Never be in the SEC:
1. Southerner's take religion seriously. When T.C.U. officially changed their name to eliminate "Christian" in an effort to become more acceptable to the more anti-religious areas of the country they essentially soured all evangelicals in the South who are now completely convinced that they sold their souls to the devil for football acceptance in a foreign land. (For evidence watch "The Water Boy". "Foosball is evil Bobby!")

2. Southern men would immediately beat the hell out of anyone making "froggy hands" at them and this rule has no exceptions. The question in our minds is how did true Texas's boys ever permit this practice to remain? Even Hook'em Horns gestures do not evoke this visceral response that mimics your mother saying "I got your nose."

3. Southern men when talking "Horny" never follow that word with "Toads".

It's simply a no brainer for Southern Males that T.C.U. is not for the SEC (10th Mountain excepted but then he is an Aggie and the SEC is still researching Aggies for this and other strange beliefs that they hold.)

Southern Women will never accept T.C.U. for two reasons:

1. The religious reasons cited above. Maintaining an outward stance toward things that are inconsequential but otherwise "seem to be" anti religious is very very important to Southern women, particularly Baptist Southern women. It is necessary to maintain the illusion of holiness and add the perfume of faith necessary to cover the fact that secretly Southern Baptist women are easy, ridiculously easy, and anything that happens because of it was God's will and surely they will be forgiven for such minor lapses in judgment, and more importantly will still be revered by their men and God if they maintain their public vigilance by requiring the immediate public condemnation of anything that they deem God might hate. This makes them feel better. Then their husbands feel better, and their children are relieved. It is the only place in the world where zealousness begets grace (or at least relief) for the immediate family. Therefore those with sin may not only cast the first stone, but are morally driven to do so. So T.C.U., for dropping the official designation of their initials, would not deserve inclusion.

2. Their school colors are just plain tacky!

There C2 I hope this clears it up for you. T.C.U. likely will never be in the SEC.
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2015 06:33 PM by JRsec.)
06-06-2015 02:16 PM
Advertisement

omniorange Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Syracuse
Donators

They are waiting on the Pac-12 invite. 03-wink

Cheers,
Neil
06-06-2015 02:35 PM
LSUtah Offline
1st String

I Root For: LSU

Not invited. Fine program, but SEC wants to add non-member state footprints. The only program from Texas that has an open invite to all conferences is Texas.
06-06-2015 03:39 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(06-06-2015 12:37 PM)_C2_ Wrote:  

None, see above.

The answer is that the Big 12 isn't ready to dissolve yet.

Generally their conference disintegrates about the time they leave. TIAA after they joined the SWC, SWC dissolved so they moved to the WAC, WAC split with half the schools forming the MWC, WAC totally disappeared a few years after they moved to CUSA, CUSA 2.0 was formed when they moved to MWC and most of the rest moved to the BE (and a few years later CUSA 3.0 aka Sun Belt was formed), MWC 2.0 was formed when they moved to Big East and BYU and Utah also left, Big East dissolved before they even got there.
06-06-2015 03:58 PM
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

Please stop giving serious responses, this thread was not in any way meant to be taken serious.

As for the O.P. I've edited it.
06-06-2015 05:02 PM
jdgaucho Offline
All American

I Root For: UCSB
so JRsec, it's okay for southern males to use the word Gamecocks (or its shortened version), but Horned Frogs is a no no. Got it.
And why would southern women have a problem with the colors? Wouldn't their dedication to football and baseball trump all?
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2015 01:37 AM by jdgaucho.)
06-06-2015 05:47 PM
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(06-06-2015 05:47 PM)jdgaucho Wrote:  so JRsec, it's okay for southern males to use the word Gamecocks (or its shortened version), but Horned Frogs is a no no. Got it.
And why would southern women have a problem with the colors? Wouldn't their dedication to footblal and baseball trump all?

Gamecocks are okay, but it's only because they don't make chicken hand signs at you. They do however have a loudspeaker generated rooster crow following big plays in the football game that can become annoying. As for Southern Women they would never mix purple with silver, but then you would have to live here to understand that.
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2015 06:42 PM by JRsec.)
06-06-2015 06:15 PM
TrojanCampaign Offline
All American

I Root For: USC, AAMU,
(06-06-2015 06:15 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(06-06-2015 05:47 PM)jdgaucho Wrote:  so JRsec, it's okay for southern males to use the word Gamecocks (or its shortened version), but Horned Frogs is a no no. Got it.
And why would southern women have a problem with the colors? Wouldn't their dedication to footblal and baseball trump all?

Gamecocks are okay, but it's only because they don't make chicken hand signs at you. They do however have a loudspeaker generated rooster crow following big plays in the football game that can become annoying. As for Southern Women they would never mix purple with silver, but then you would have to live here to understand that.

I live here and I don't understand lol...
06-06-2015 07:10 PM
Wolfman Offline
All American

I Root For: The Cartel
The SEC doesn't sponsor equestrian?
06-06-2015 08:05 PM
bluesox Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
TCU to the ACC makes some sense. DFW is pretty easy to fly into and that gives the acc texas and FL. I guess you could say the same thing about the pac 12 or big 10. The SEC doesn't need another texas school other than Texas.
06-06-2015 08:41 PM
NestaKnight1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF

Or Rutgers.................oh wait.
06-06-2015 08:47 PM
Advertisement

nzmorange Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
(06-06-2015 12:01 PM)_C2_ Wrote:  They've already been in the Big 12 two years, why haven't they moved on to the SEC? They moved so quick from the SWC, to the Whack, to Coosa, to the fictional western airline, flirted with the idea of taming the BEast and finally moved on to the Big 12-2.

They haven't jumped to the SEC yet because they have a B1G invite in their pocket, but they can't punch that ticket until UCONN accepts their B1G invite.
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2015 11:04 PM by nzmorange.)
06-06-2015 09:04 PM
nzmorange Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
(06-06-2015 08:41 PM)bluesox Wrote:  TCU to the ACC makes some sense. DFW is pretty easy to fly into and that gives the acc texas and FL. I guess you could say the same thing about the pac 12 or big 10. The SEC doesn't need another texas school other than Texas.

03-puke
06-06-2015 09:06 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(06-06-2015 08:05 PM)Wolfman Wrote:  The SEC doesn't sponsor equestrian?

We do and we've won multiple national championships in it, including Auburn and this year South Carolina I think.
06-06-2015 11:01 PM
jdgaucho Offline
All American

I Root For: UCSB
(06-06-2015 06:15 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
And why would southern women have a problem with the colors? Wouldn't their dedication to football and baseball trump all?

Duly noted.
06-07-2015 01:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.