Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

STR?: John Calipari sticks by decision to go 10-deep last season
Bookmark and Share
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

I Root For: Space Mountain
Epic. About the 7 minute mark he goes off on Dan Patrick.

http://www.danpatrick.com/2015/06/04/joh...st-season/
06-04-2015 03:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

gotigers1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers!
RE: STR?: John Calipari sticks by decision to go 10-deep last season
[Image: 54816942.jpg]
06-04-2015 04:00 PM
HometownTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
I do agree - he didn't play 10 guys in order to "keep them happy". He played 10 guys because they all deserved (and were good enough) to play. If his 9th and 10th guys were Calvin Godfrey and Avery Woodson - no offense to either - UK would've went 8 deep. BUT, their 9thand 10th guys were NBA players...so I get what Cal is saying there.

Taking shots at Patrick's playing career - low blow. But what else would ya expect from that POS.

"Coach, I have coaches who won national championships (to talk to)..." - DP fires back LOL. Classic.
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2015 04:05 PM by HometownTiger.)
06-04-2015 04:03 PM
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

(06-04-2015 04:00 PM)gotigers1 Wrote:  [Image: 54816942.jpg]

Not obsessed, it's just an epic rant. Probably top 10 coaches going off on journalist level.
06-04-2015 04:05 PM
poppaslaw Offline
Social Credit Score - 0

I Root For: CHY-NAH

Donators
Where's HD to profess his Calipari love?
06-04-2015 04:05 PM
HoopDreams Offline
Better Than Diamond Rings

I Root For: EXPECTATIONS
FORMER MEMPHIS HEAD COACH

THREE-TIME CONFERENCE USA COACH OF THE YEAR
06-04-2015 04:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
(06-04-2015 04:03 PM)HometownTiger Wrote:  I do agree - he didn't play 10 guys in order to "keep them happy". He played 10 guys because they all deserved (and were good enough) to play. If his 9th and 10th guys were Calvin Godfrey and Avery Woodson - no offense to either - UK would've went 8 deep. BUT, their 9thand 10th guys were NBA players...so I get what Cal is saying there.

Taking shots at Patrick's playing career - low blow. But what else would ya expect from that POS.

"Coach, I have coaches who won national championships (to talk to)..." - DP fires back LOL. Classic.

You mean the Woodson that led us in minutes played ?
06-04-2015 04:17 PM
Tygrys Offline
Heisman

(06-04-2015 04:05 PM)salukiblue Wrote:  
(06-04-2015 04:00 PM)gotigers1 Wrote:  [Image: 54816942.jpg]

Not obsessed, it's just an epic rant. Probably top 10 coaches going off on journalist level.

That was pretty hilarious, it certainly did not take him long to get very defensive...
06-05-2015 07:44 AM
HometownTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-04-2015 04:17 PM)Brother Bluto Wrote:  
(06-04-2015 04:03 PM)HometownTiger Wrote:  I do agree - he didn't play 10 guys in order to "keep them happy". He played 10 guys because they all deserved (and were good enough) to play. If his 9th and 10th guys were Calvin Godfrey and Avery Woodson - no offense to either - UK would've went 8 deep. BUT, their 9thand 10th guys were NBA players...so I get what Cal is saying there.

You mean the Woodson that led us in minutes played ?

Thats the one
06-05-2015 08:00 AM
Marc Mensa Offline
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog
Calipari just went on national radio and reiterated why he locks down top talent. His program is not about national titles... its about putting kids in the NBA. He had a national radio show host telling him to sacrifice playing time for titles and he again deferred to player development. Any parent who had a HS kid capable of playing at that level, would want their son to go to a "development 1st" kind of program. Oddly enough, its the development 1st programs that often win at the highest levels.
06-05-2015 08:07 AM
MemphisTigerPawr Offline
Jesus is the risen LORD and Savior

I Root For: TIGERS

Donators
Its hard to argue with anything Cal does. I'm with the rest of you and can't stand him for what he did here, and yes we would have a NC by now, although likely vacated, but the guys transgressions against this program are past now. I am moving on I have spent too much time despising him for betraying us after everything was said and done. He jumped ship before the boat crashed and took everything of value we had paid for with him. Its old news now and everybody knows what he is made of but when it comes to college basketball today, Cal is Boss.

He was here for awhile and it was a fun ride, may as well focus on those good times and try to get back there, instead of hating on this man for getting the jump on the NCAA posse. Those years he coached here were some of the greatest teams ever and perhaps the greatest run ever in college basketball. We can get back there, we just have to have the right players and coaches in place. Unfortunately we missed one opportunity with the Joe Jackson class but we still have a chance if these kids ever learn about effort. I'm thinking one of CJPs biggest mistakes was not keeping Richard Hogans around. I wonder how things would have played out had he kept some continuity and a Memphian on staff.

I'd take a season like Cal had last year every year, he was almost flawless with all that youth and dominated teams. We on he other hand were busy getting drummed way too many times. I'd say Cal has earned the right to coach however he wants with his run.
06-05-2015 08:50 AM
Advertisement

MuchLuck Offline
1st String

I Root For: UM
(06-05-2015 08:07 AM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  Calipari just went on national radio and reiterated why he locks down top talent. His program is not about national titles... its about putting kids in the NBA. He had a national radio show host telling him to sacrifice playing time for titles and he again deferred to player development. Any parent who had a HS kid capable of playing at that level, would want their son to go to a "development 1st" kind of program. Oddly enough, its the development 1st programs that often win at the highest levels.

That's the only they miss by going to UK. A year's worth of development.
06-05-2015 09:02 AM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

(06-05-2015 09:02 AM)MuchLuck Wrote:  
(06-05-2015 08:07 AM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  Calipari just went on national radio and reiterated why he locks down top talent. His program is not about national titles... its about putting kids in the NBA. He had a national radio show host telling him to sacrifice playing time for titles and he again deferred to player development. Any parent who had a HS kid capable of playing at that level, would want their son to go to a "development 1st" kind of program. Oddly enough, its the development 1st programs that often win at the highest levels.

Well I guess everyone needs a hobby
06-05-2015 09:26 AM
ksigtigerdood Offline
Heisman

None of that matters when you're getting unlimited Sno-Cones from Ellen Calipari.
06-05-2015 09:31 AM
MemphisFan95 Offline
Coach A

Ntr
06-05-2015 09:37 AM
tigerderek Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Sunshinepumpers
No hate,guy is just a prick.
06-05-2015 09:42 AM
Advertisement

Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

(06-05-2015 09:42 AM)tigerderek Wrote:  No hate,guy is just a prick.

Most of the better coaches are
06-05-2015 10:09 AM
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

It's great, if you watch the video and the more Cal becomes a d!ck, the little text infographs go from things like "Former National Champion" and "Former coach at Mempshis. Three time CUSA Coach of the Year" to ""72-112 as Nets head coach."
06-05-2015 10:26 AM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

(06-05-2015 10:26 AM)salukiblue Wrote:  It's great, if you watch the video and the more Cal becomes a d!ck, the little text infographs go from things like "Former National Champion" and "Former coach at Mempshis. Three time CUSA Coach of the Year" to ""72-112 as Nets head coach."

He knows Dan don't work for ESPN nomo
06-05-2015 10:29 AM
Marc Mensa Offline
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog

Who prepares kids for the NBA better than Calipari?
06-05-2015 11:14 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.