Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Why do sports fan "have" to like Lebron?
Bookmark and Share
BigTigerMike Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Why do sports fan "have" to like Lebron?
I don't get it, nearly everywhere in the sports media, the typical chatter starts up about its being disheartening that some fans don't like Lebron. They go on and on about: 'What's wrong with people? Why don't people be in awe of his greatness?' Yada....Yada.....Yada.

Do people 'have' to like a sports superstar?

I don't think there has to be a reason why some like or dislike certain players. People have been doing that for decades and the media never really had a problem with that themselves. I heard a national sport radio host say on the air a few weeks ago that he doesn't like DRose and there was very little supporting reason why he didn't like him.

I acknowledge that LBJ is great but I grew up at a time when the league was much better or to be more specific, tougher in the Conference where he currently reigns supreme for nearly a decade. It's not a knock on him because it's not his fault but I remember great players on very good teams struggle for years to get past historic all-time NBA teams before finally breaking through. I don't hate the guy and I was happy that he wanted to come back to Cleveland but I don't worship him at everu thing he does
06-03-2015 10:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Mimi Offline
Who farted??

I Root For: reasonableness
RE: Why do sports fan "have" to like Lebron?
Haven't seen that.

Have seen where the hatred for him has been called into question, and that outside of an inappropriate yet still earning two million for children press conference he is a pretty good guy.
06-03-2015 10:36 PM
HometownTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Outside of one or two mishandled PR situations, I don't know why anyone would "hate" Lebron. He's clearly the best player in the world - probably the 2nd or 3rd best player of all time - and he seems to avoid trouble away from the court.
06-04-2015 10:15 AM
bsp34 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Mississippi St.
(06-04-2015 10:15 AM)HometownTiger Wrote:  Outside of one or two mishandled PR situations, I don't know why anyone would "hate" Lebron. He's clearly the best player in the world - probably the 2nd or 3rd best player of all time - and he seems to avoid trouble away from the court.

he literally got me fired from my job and I don't hate him. everyone just likes to hate the best no matter what it is
06-04-2015 11:01 AM
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

I Root For: Space Mountain
(06-04-2015 11:01 AM)bsp34 Wrote:  
(06-04-2015 10:15 AM)HometownTiger Wrote:  Outside of one or two mishandled PR situations, I don't know why anyone would "hate" Lebron. He's clearly the best player in the world - probably the 2nd or 3rd best player of all time - and he seems to avoid trouble away from the court.

he literally got me fired from my job and I don't hate him. everyone just likes to hate the best no matter what it is

Or that take exception when someone is dubbed the best but might not be.
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2015 11:07 AM by salukiblue.)
06-04-2015 11:07 AM
TigerNK Offline
Special Teams

Ehhh I'd take KD.
06-04-2015 02:47 PM
Advertisement

Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
We live in a hero worshipping society these days
06-04-2015 03:41 PM
HometownTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-04-2015 11:07 AM)salukiblue Wrote:  

Blame his dumb fans & the media for that. He isn't going around saying he's better than Jordan.
06-04-2015 03:55 PM
idroot4russia Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
I dont like him because I think he is a dbag and a drama queen. Did yall see him after the clinching game in their last series? Soemone on twitter said it best, Lebron wants a flu game so bad.
06-04-2015 04:05 PM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

(06-04-2015 03:55 PM)HometownTiger Wrote:  
(06-04-2015 11:07 AM)salukiblue Wrote:  

Blame his dumb fans & the media for that. He isn't going around saying he's better than Jordan.

Jordan is where it all started. I blame Nike and Calipari blue
06-04-2015 04:53 PM
Mimi Offline
Who farted??

I Root For: reasonableness
LeBron hit the floor after game three in the last series, not the clinching game.

And yes, others, including Jordan, collapsed after games in a very public and dramatic manner. Even Jordan was not dissected like LeBron, a result of social media, Twitter etc...
06-04-2015 05:06 PM
Advertisement

k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(06-04-2015 05:06 PM)Mimi Wrote:  LeBron hit the floor after game three in the last series, not the clinching game.

And yes, others, including Jordan, collapsed after games in a very public and dramatic manner. Even Jordan was not dissected like LeBron, a result of social media, Twitter etc...

Spot on. You are correct.
06-04-2015 05:35 PM
BigTigerMike Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(06-04-2015 05:35 PM)k2tigers Wrote:  
(06-04-2015 05:06 PM)Mimi Wrote:  LeBron hit the floor after game three in the last series, not the clinching game.

Spot on. You are correct.

Hogwash! Blaming twitter and social media is a joke.
06-04-2015 08:12 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
We may not like our drama queens, but we watch them and that is the bottom line.
06-04-2015 08:17 PM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

(06-04-2015 08:17 PM)snowtiger Wrote:  We may not like our drama queens, but we watch them and that is the bottom line.

You must not own a mirror
06-05-2015 08:25 AM
HometownTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

FWIW, I am a Kobe fan - grew up as a Kobe/LA fan then transitioned to the Grizz once they moved here. Also, Curry has quickly become one my favorite players (w/ Kobe on the way out had to pick a new one LOL)

That being said, LBJ is the best in the game right now and probably goes down as THE best ever or in the conversation (he's not there yet & I hate the Jordan talk).

That being said, while I respect his greatness - I can't stand him. Idk why...hasn't really done much to cause me to feel that way. I think his ridiculous fans cause some of it (same way I feel about Mississippi State fans) with their crazy claims. PLUS, I HATE how bad he tries to have "moments" - like falling to the floor after a win and acting like he can't stand up. Gimme a break! I think he tries to manufacture his legend sometimes and it's a shame, b/c he's good enough without that!
06-05-2015 09:38 AM
Advertisement

Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I think the last player I had as a hero was Reggie Jackson in the early 70s. I was maybe 9 or 10
06-05-2015 10:10 AM
TigerBill Offline
Imperator Optimus Maximus

I Root For: Liberation

Donators
(06-04-2015 08:17 PM)snowtiger Wrote:  We may not like our drama queens, but we watch them and that is the bottom line.

We do indeed; for example, the ones in your first novel are beautifully done, a delicate touch that makes them real. Most people are simply dull bison that throw off one-liner insults because that's about as far as their intelligence can stretch, but you get to the heart of the matter, and do it in prose, which is much more difficult.
06-05-2015 12:35 PM
idroot4russia Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(06-05-2015 09:38 AM)HometownTiger Wrote:  FWIW, I am a Kobe fan - grew up as a Kobe/LA fan then transitioned to the Grizz once they moved here. Also, Curry has quickly become one my favorite players (w/ Kobe on the way out had to pick a new one LOL)

That being said, LBJ is the best in the game right now and probably goes down as THE best ever or in the conversation (he's not there yet & I hate the Jordan talk).

That being said, while I respect his greatness - I can't stand him. Idk why...hasn't really done much to cause me to feel that way. I think his ridiculous fans cause some of it (same way I feel about Mississippi State fans) with their crazy claims. PLUS, I HATE how bad he tries to have "moments" - like falling to the floor after a win and acting like he can't stand up. Gimme a break! I think he tries to manufacture his legend sometimes and it's a shame, b/c he's good enough without that!

Exactly.
06-05-2015 12:44 PM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

(06-05-2015 12:44 PM)idroot4russia Wrote:  
(06-05-2015 09:38 AM)HometownTiger Wrote:  FWIW, I am a Kobe fan - grew up as a Kobe/LA fan then transitioned to the Grizz once they moved here. Also, Curry has quickly become one my favorite players (w/ Kobe on the way out had to pick a new one LOL)

Exactly.

The hero worshippers make me almost despise the hero sometimes. What I don't get is why the new guy always has to be considered the greatest.
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2015 01:14 PM by Brother Bluto.)
06-05-2015 01:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

photo cincinnati.png  photo connecticut.png  photo east_carolina.png  photo houston.png  photo memphis.png  photo navy.png  photo smu.png  photo temple.png  photo tulane.png  photo central_florida.png  photo south_florida.png
 photo louisville.png  photo rutgers.png

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.