Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Glass Bowl - #21 Best Ranked Stadium in the Nation
Bookmark and Share
inductchuck16 Online
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Glass Bowl - #21 Best Ranked Stadium in the Nation
Per Bleacher Report, the top 25 college football stadiums in the nation: http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/248...015/page/6

Out of 128 FBS teams, Toledo's Glass Bowl comes in at #21. We're in some pretty damn good company too.

*We're the only MAC team in the top 25
*We're 1 of only 5 G5 schools ranked
*Boise St. is the only G5 school ranked higher than us at #20

Go Rockets
06-03-2015 11:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
RE: Glass Bowl - #21 Best Ranked Stadium in the Nation
Horrible photos used for this... And it is still bleacher report. Love the publicity but it doesnt mean much. The more we win on TV tho, the better.
06-03-2015 11:55 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(06-03-2015 11:55 AM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  Horrible photos used for this... And it is still bleacher report. Love the publicity but it doesnt mean much. The more we win on TV tho, the better.

The most disappointing thing for me was that it didn't really provide much information. Folks outside of Toledo need to know that information to believe it belongs in the list.

Just mentioning that several big games were played there doesn't mean much. I've seen at least four or five incredible games at BG (two or three with Toledo, the CMU fat punter game, and the Miami Miracle) and Urban Meyer (just rated the best college coach by the NFL) started his career there...but certainly doesn't mean the Doyt belongs on the list.
06-03-2015 12:50 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(06-03-2015 12:50 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(06-03-2015 11:55 AM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  Horrible photos used for this... And it is still bleacher report. Love the publicity but it doesnt mean much. The more we win on TV tho, the better.

The most disappointing thing for me was that it didn't really provide much information. Folks outside of Toledo need to know that information to believe it belongs in the list.

Just mentioning that several big games were played there doesn't mean much. I've seen at least four or five incredible games at BG (two or three with Toledo, the CMU fat punter game, and the Miami Miracle) and Urban Meyer (just rated the best college coach by the NFL) started his career there...but certainly doesn't mean the Doyt belongs on the list.

Too bad Urban got blown out by the Rockets in his only trip to the Glass Bowl. His saving grace is that he was born in Toledo.
06-03-2015 11:42 PM
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(06-03-2015 11:42 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  

Too bad Urban got blown out by the Rockets in his only trip to the Glass Bowl. His saving grace is that he was born in Toledo.

It was his own fault with that stupid fake punt. He certainly learned from that.
06-04-2015 09:22 AM
UT1 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(06-04-2015 09:22 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

It was his own fault with that stupid fake punt. He certainly learned from that.

Or was it that Omar couldn't handle Amstutz's over inflated balls? 04-cheers
06-04-2015 03:53 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(06-04-2015 03:53 PM)UT1 Wrote:  
(06-04-2015 09:22 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

Or was it that Omar couldn't handle Amstutz's over inflated balls? 04-cheers

You have your years mixed up.
06-04-2015 04:06 PM
Advertisement

rocket 51 Offline
1st String

Truly impressive to be on the list. Problem is with the midweek games we start out looking great most times. Then post half-time we look BAD on the east side for the cameras. So when the SEC/BIG/ACC see this list they will think it is a not right. Not just for Toledo but for some of the other schools as well.

But it is good to be on the list for sure! Go Glass Bowl and Rockets02-13-banana
06-04-2015 07:48 PM
Stpetebeachrocketfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo
(06-03-2015 11:07 AM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  Per Bleacher Report, the top 25 college football stadiums in the nation: http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/248...015/page/6

Out of 128 FBS teams, Toledo's Glass Bowl comes in at #21. We're in some pretty damn good company too.

*We're the only MAC team in the top 25
*We're 1 of only 5 G5 schools ranked
*Boise St. is the only G5 school ranked higher than us at #20

Go Rockets

Very easy to understand why in comparison to our G5 peers. It was built as a WPA project and still has the original stone walls and end zone towers on each side, it has nice suites and a press tower, its a horse shoe end zone just for students. Overall its fairy modern with recent additions of the giant video board and new sound system. The new outdoor pavilion next door for alumni was a nice addition too. The end zone facility looks fantastic after the renovation. Other upgrades are needed which I believe will happen over time. It is very hard for anyone in the MAC to say their stadium is as nice and the combination of the historical factor sort of like Wrigley Field per se.
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2015 06:20 AM by Stpetebeachrocketfan.)
06-06-2015 06:18 AM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

and it looks REALLY cool when filled.

Some stadiums are just big bleachers or bowls. Glass Bowl has some fun places to sit. Under the press box caters to one personality. Flying out on the upper Eastside stands with that amazing view is another. You can actually hang out by a railing and watch, high school style. The concourse is great for stretching the nerves. There are just lots of spots with character.

The downsides I would say:
The Eastside light poles.
As has been mentioned by others on numerous occasions, that grunginess without character underneath.
and the sound I guess but that I don't personally notice.

If I were to order the things to "fix" I would start with the underneath/concession quality but that's probably because I don't notice the sound system or sit on the Eastside regularly.
06-06-2015 06:38 AM
Advertisement

DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Built in 1990?
06-06-2015 09:30 AM
1st String

(06-06-2015 09:30 AM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  Built in 1990?

That was the year we built the end zone facility and added the press tower and suites. That was 25 years ago and some MAC schools still don't have suites.
06-06-2015 11:23 AM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
Akron is the only box better than ours in the MAC. Ours Pairs with the entire stadium better tho. As nice as Akron is, its too modern for my taste. We have a better environment also. Could change if Akron got good again.
06-06-2015 12:31 PM
Advertisement

1st String

(06-06-2015 06:38 AM)eastisbest Wrote:  and it looks REALLY cool when filled.

Some stadiums are just big bleachers or bowls. Glass Bowl has some fun places to sit. Under the press box caters to one personality. Flying out on the upper Eastside stands with that amazing view is another. You can actually hang out by a railing and watch, high school style. The concourse is great for stretching the nerves. There are just lots of spots with character.

The downsides I would say:
The Eastside light poles.
As has been mentioned by others on numerous occasions, that grunginess without character underneath.
and the sound I guess but that I don't personally notice.

If I were to order the things to "fix" I would start with the underneath/concession quality but that's probably because I don't notice the sound system or sit on the Eastside regularly.

I thought the new video board had new speakers? Sound isn't better?
06-07-2015 07:44 AM
RangerRocket Offline
Rangers Lead The Way

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(06-07-2015 07:44 AM)Stpetebeachrocketfan Wrote:  I thought the new video board had new speakers? Sound isn't better?

Correct, much better now.
06-07-2015 08:55 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.