Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Breaking news — Dajon Williams no longer a part of UNT program
Bookmark and Share
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
Breaking news — Dajon Williams no longer a part of UNT program
[Image: AX194_2990_9.jpg]

Quote:Dajon Williams, a quarterback who burst on to the scene last season and started three games for the Mean Green, has left the team.

UNT coach Dan McCarney confirmed the news Monday afternoon.

“Dajon is no longer a part of the program,” McCarney said. “We wish him the best.”

McCarney declined to go into detail on the reasons for Williams’ departure.

Williams spent two seasons at UNT. He moved into the Mean Green’s starting lineup last fall after leading UNT to a pair of fourth quarter touchdowns in a 42-21 loss to Louisiana Tech in the third week of the season. Williams came off the bench in relief of Josh Greer.

Williams started UNT’s next three games and threw three touchdown passes in back-to-back games against Nicholls and Indiana before being pulled in a loss to UAB. Williams threw two interceptions and lost two fumbles in the Mean Green’s 56-21 loss to the Blazers. UAB returned two of Williams’ interceptions and one of his fumbles for touchdowns.

UNT turned to veteran backup Andrew McNulty the next week in a loss to Southern Miss and stuck with him the rest of the season. The Mean Green finished 4-8.

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2015/0...gram.html/
06-01-2015 09:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

RE: Breaking news — Dajon Williams no longer a part of UNT program
[Image: usa-today-8124158.0.jpg]

Quote:Redshirt sophomore quarterback Dajon Williams is no longer on the Mean Green football team's roster, according to a report from Brett Vito of the Denton Record Chronicle.

According to Vito, Williams was dismissed from the team after spring practices after falling behind Andrew McNulty and Josh Greer in the quarterback competition. Williams started three games for North Texas last season before being benched in favor of McNulty.

The interesting part of Vito's report is that it says Williams was "dismissed" from the program. This doesn't sound like a mutual parting of ways between Williams and the Mean Green. Was the dismissal because of football reasons? Was it because of off-the-field concerns? Some of both? That's all unclear at the moment.

The initial reaction is one of no surprise. As much potential as Williams had, it always seemed like this was inevitable, even if no one wanted to admit it.

For starters, Williams was one of eight quarterbacks North Texas had on its roster during the spring, not including DeMarcus Smith who wasn't eligible at the time. There was McNulty has the incumbent starter, with Greer, Williams and Connor Means fighting behind him along with other newcomers in the mix. It was always hard to envision North Texas carrying nine quarterbacks into the fall.

http://www.underdogdynasty.com/2015/6/1/...per-report

UAB in need of a qb?
06-01-2015 10:35 PM
UABallin Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UAB
If this is the qb that played us at Legion field.... no thanks.
06-02-2015 04:02 AM
NorthTexan95 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: North Texas
He's extremely talented but kind of a knucklehead and still needs to grow up. I don't believe he handles pressure well at all.
06-02-2015 06:29 AM
TodgeRodge Offline
All American

I Root For: Todge
people often mistake physical attributes for "talent"

running fast, throwing a ball some distance, jumping high and the like are really not talents especially in a position where you are the main person in charge of executing choreographed plays with 10 other people on your side of the ball

if "talent" in football just meant you had to be a big guy that pushed some random guy in a different uniform around or you tackled some random guy or covered some random guy in a different uniform well hell there would be a ton more "talented" players out there

but when you have to actually utilize your physical attributes in the context of what all the others on your team are doing and do so in a timely fashion that is what makes you either talented or just a fast guy that can throw a ball on the street with friends

north Texas state fans especially at the QB position have a bad habit of mistaking physical attributes for talent and over looking when a player can't seem to harness their physical attributes or get past their sense of entitlement, dumb actions on and off the field and laziness to actually become a talented player

it was pretty obvious he was headed nowhere early on and it only became more obvious over time
06-02-2015 07:25 AM
Advertisement

Monarchist13 Offline

I Root For: ODU
In this day-and-age, I don't think any player transferring is worthy of the "breaking news" treatment. It is just far too common.
06-02-2015 08:07 AM
NTTHOR Offline
1st String

I Root For: NORTH TEXAS
at least it wasn't a north texas guy that started it...
06-02-2015 08:10 AM
Green Menace Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(06-02-2015 08:07 AM)ODUDrunkard13 Wrote:  In this day-and-age, I don't think any player transferring is worthy of the "breaking news" treatment. It is just far too common.

I kinda thought the departure of a 3rd string QB did not rate "breaking news" either.07-coffee3
06-02-2015 09:00 AM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
(06-02-2015 08:10 AM)NTTHOR Wrote:  at least it wasn't a north texas guy that started it...

Have you spent much time on the SBC board since oct 2013? Well if you had you would know this poster has something against UNT...

it's almost to the point where you would think someone from UNT, a player, someone laid his wife..or boyfriend, which I guess could be his wife, today.
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2015 10:43 AM by WKUYG.)
06-02-2015 10:28 AM
Advertisement

NTTHOR Offline
1st String

I Root For: NORTH TEXAS
(06-02-2015 10:28 AM)WKUYG Wrote:  
(06-02-2015 08:10 AM)NTTHOR Wrote:  at least it wasn't a north texas guy that started it...

Have you spent much time on the SBC board since oct 2013? Well if you had you would know this poster has something against UNT...

it's almost to the point where you would think someone from UNT, a player, someone laid his wife..or boyfriend

can't say i do...since north texas because a cusa school, i haven't ventured to the sbc board...

it is amazing though how anyone can hate another school so much...i don't get it...but it could be because north texas has never really had a true rival in football...
06-02-2015 10:35 AM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

it's almost to the point where you would think someone from UNT, a player, someone laid his wife..or boyfriend, which I guess could be his wife, today.

Your obsession with me is flattering. I must own you.
06-02-2015 12:37 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
(06-02-2015 12:37 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  

Serious question...

why do you dislike UNT so much? what's the back story with that.
06-02-2015 12:39 PM
pilot172000 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tech/ Bama
(06-02-2015 12:39 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  

Serious question...

Mean Joe Green stole his girlfriend in college.....
06-02-2015 12:41 PM
Advertisement

CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(06-02-2015 12:39 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  

Serious question...

Since you've asked nicely (sans insults), I'll answer honestly. I don't dislike the UNTs at all really. But I do find some of their posters amusing.

As you noted above, I joined this forum in October of 2103. In posting in various threads I crossed paths with a MeanGreen poster or two who told me in no uncertain terms that the reason their program had sucked so badly for so long was because of their association with the SunBelt. And if one needed proof, just look at the season they were having in their first full year in C-USA as evidence of how changing conferences made a big difference.

Now, being the analytical kind of guy I am, I understood how moving up in conference digs and having in-state rivals not available before would help any program, but the part about the Belt didn't make sense. Still doesn't. And while I've not looked at their ancient history (other than being told people were still impressed that they were ranked number 17 in 1977), their history in the Belt included at least a bowl appearance or two. From that standpoing I'd have to say the Belt served them well.

From those heady days, they tanked. And with the exception of 2013, it would appear they're still tanking.

I don't think the Belt had anything to do with those miserable years other than having been kind enough to give them a home.
06-02-2015 01:02 PM
Germdawg Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: LA TECH
CajunFanatico dislikes anyone in CUSA because we have what their fans want and ULL admin can't deliver, no matter how many Powerpoints they send out.
06-02-2015 01:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(06-02-2015 01:08 PM)Germdawg Wrote:  CajunFanatico dislikes anyone in CUSA because we have what their fans want and ULL admin can't deliver, no matter how many Powerpoints they send out.

And you just proved on several counts you don't know squat about me. BTW, were those Tech players in that gay gif part of that 2012 team?
06-02-2015 01:19 PM
Germdawg Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: LA TECH
(06-02-2015 01:19 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  
(06-02-2015 01:08 PM)Germdawg Wrote:  CajunFanatico dislikes anyone in CUSA because we have what their fans want and ULL admin can't deliver, no matter how many Powerpoints they send out.

And you just proved on several counts you don't know squat about me. BTW, were those Tech players in that gay gif part of that 2012 team?

"Crap they're on to me, deny then deflect the conversation with bad middle school gay joke"
03-yawn

Yes that was the offensive line dancing to Sexy and I know It, it was a clip played during our 2012 home football games that was funny and got the crowds pumped up.

03-idea
Prove me wrong, that you and the ULLer's are not desperate for a CUSA invite, by not coming back here unless you have a game against one of our conference teams...
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2015 02:09 PM by Germdawg.)
06-02-2015 02:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(06-02-2015 02:08 PM)Germdawg Wrote:  
(06-02-2015 01:19 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  

"Crap they're on to me, deny then deflect the conversation with bad middle school gay joke"
03-yawn

Yes that was the offensive line dancing to Sexy and I know It, it was a clip played during our 2012 home football games that was funny and got the crowds pumped up.

03-idea
Prove me wrong, that you and the ULLer's are not desperate for a CUSA invite, by not coming back here unless you have a game against one of our conference teams...

Uhhhh, well. We just played Rice in an NCAA baseball regional. You guys might be familiar with those. Then again, maybe not. And I do believe you guys will have a fireworks display for us in October.
06-02-2015 02:34 PM
TodgeRodge Offline
All American

I Root For: Todge
there seems to be a great disconnect between the few north Texas state fans on this public forum and their sheltered forum

on this public forum dajon is just a 3rd stringer that was probably not going to amount to much and is not worthy of mention when off the team.....over in the sheltered forum there is a 6 page thread (will go longer) filled with things like this

emmitt01 Wrote:Character assassination and "he was unwilling to work for it" from the usual suspects in 3...2...1...

And I hope we're all happy as the "model teammate" takes us to 4-8

so now bothering to point out that a guy who is "just a third stringer" was called out for being lazy in the off season many times, failed to learn the playbook and had issues that resulted in him missing 2 of the 12 games last season is "character assassination"......I thought it was just the truth

MeanGreen13 Wrote:Dismissed sounds like he got kicked off but I am sure he wanted out too... Because he fell behind the others is a weak reason to dismiss someone. It is actually pretty unethical to discontinue a player's scholarship because he isn't as good as you hoped. I hope Dajon goes somewhere else and Lights it up! Tired of this defensive coache's offensive philosophy, there is no room for a learning curve with these guys. Even when the kid is a freshman, 7 tds and 4 ints is enough to get you benched and then kicked off the team. this whole thing is kinda weak to me. anyway, GMG!

here we have a fan questioning the coaches ethics based on the unsubstantiated assumption that the coach cut him because he fell behind and the coach wanted that scholarship back....and of course questioning that the coach gave him a chance even though the player was called out for being lazy and not learning the playbook and missed 2 out of 12 games last season

but of course a "playa" like that will "light it up" elsewhere! (oh no wait he is just a "3rd stringer")

GMG24 Wrote:Don't blame him one bit, the fact that he sat behind Greer and Mcnulty is laughable. Sure he turned it over, sure he probably didn't bust it every day, but does that really mean he was not the most talented player on the roster at his position? That falls on the coach to teach/coach/train him how to work hard and be a leader. I am happy for DAJON to get a chance at a fair shot, bc he sure as heck wasnt going to get one here. This really irritates me, and don't feed me some bs about him not protecting the ball, don't put him in terrible situations, throwing on 2nd or 3rd and a mile inside your own 10 on some PA bootleg and expect something good to happen, I bet if mcnulty was QB we would have run an inside run and punted it. I bet Morris and Co, at SMU would have killed to get DAJON. GUUUUUUUHHHHH

here again we see the coach called out for not giving him a chance and for not somehow forcing him to actually work hard in the off season and learn the playbook and the laughable assertion that a first year coach at SMU would have killed for a lazy guy with off the field issues that is reported on this public forum to be "just a third stringer"

Harry Wrote:Sad. Not totally surprised but sad day for sure. Guy was extremely talented... unlike anything I have seen here. Wishing him well.

here he is called extremely talented and unlike anything that north Texas state has had before (this guy must have never heard of BROCK BERGLUND....YEA THAT BROCK BERGLUND! (the one you have never heard of that was going to be greatness at north Texas state after failing to get it done at Kansas and juco and that failed to get it done at northern colorado as well).....but he was BROCK BERGLUND! (with many off the field issues as well)

Side Show Joe Wrote:Everyone at the Spring Game knows Williams had a solid outing. Maybe the best of all the QBs, considering he had to face the first team D. I don't know why the staff and him couldn't make this work. I won't pretend to know what is going on within the football program, but I don't like this at all. We need a QB.

Mac will never say why Williams is gone. I wish Dajon would post his side of this story

here it is stated that he had probably the best outing of any of the QBs at the spring game (crazy he is just a third stringer though)

oldguystudent Wrote:He's got two years left, right? I'm thinking he goes FCS now. If so, he's gonna set some serious records at whoever gets him.

Ryan MuntheI Wrote:id bet he'll move to a Sun Belt FBS program and immediately win the job.

yea because every D1-AA or Sunbelt program needs a lazy 3rd stringer with off the field issues.....these two putzes are the epitome of the north Texas state fan base.....not to mention the whole sit out a year thing....dunce

H-towngreen Wrote:Don't blame him. it's obvious that he has never going to see the field here. Mac is driving his bus to the back of the pack. If not for one miraculous season where defensive turnovers and special teams carried us, he would be fired. As much as I hate to say it, I hope we win 2 games this season so that we can move on.

here a fan is so upset at losing a "3rd string talent" that he openly wishes to win only two games so the coach (that has had the only winning season in a decade not that that makes him great) will get fired and the program can move on

quite the angst over a "3rd stringer"

Ryan Munthe Wrote:He'd have a better chance of making the NFL draft there.

here we have some pea brain actually thinking that a program like North Dakota State (that actually wins things) wants "just a 3rd string cast off from north Texas state" and that he could (wait for it)

make the NFL from there 03-lmfao

emmitt01 Wrote:As I suspected, the "talent isn't everything, you have to work for it...blah, blah, blah" crowd has come out and I could have predicted who they would be. So, for the Mac apologists, explain this one. When the one thing that Brock Burglund and Dajon Williams have in common (other than not being a statue) is that they were brought here BY MAC...and then you add in the debacle that is Greer (again, brought in BY MAC)...when do we start to question the coach?!

I know, I know, for a few of you (actually one) questioning Mac is questioning RV...and that's just too much.

actually there are other things that BROCK BERGLUND (yea THAT BROCK BERGLUND) and dajon had in common

they were both said to be lazy, both expected to just have the ball handed to them, both did not learn the playbook quickly and both had off the field issues that got in the way of them playing

the only difference is that BROCK BERGLUND (YEA THAT BROCK BERGLUND) failed to impress two different coaching staffs at Kansas and one at a juco team named for a vegetable before coming to north Texas state and after leaving north Texas state he failed to get a start at a D1-AA program as well (so he failed to impress 5 coaching staffs and only impressed north Texas state fans)

Ben Gooding Wrote:Not surprising, Mac will never openly admit 1 of 2 things... 1. Mac never cared for DW as a person or as a QB and 2. Mac doesn't want to start someone at QB that he doesn't like.

Regardless of AM's "stats" in the spring game it was painfully obvious to see who the better option at QB was. The staff didn't want to go through the "Tebow Effect" for another season and made it blatantly clear that they were going to bury DW on the depth chart to force an inevitable transfer.

here again we see that a "just a 3rd stringer" was actually thought (by some) to be the best QB in the spring game and that a coach has to just not like a guy (that is lazy and with off the field issues) for SOME REASON and thus just ran him off in spite of being the best QB on the team

TheWestie Wrote:Lesson to learn: Don't have kids when you're a freshman under Coach Mac.

Ryan Munthe Wrote:Yay! More character assassination based off of a stupid Facebook chart two years ago!

yea because having a kid as an unmarried freshman in college and having to miss the first game of the season to see the birth (nothing wrong with wanting to see the kid born per say) is a real sign of a mature responsible adult especially when the entire reason you are on a college campus is to play football

maybe the whole team should just go around raw dawging some girls as freshman and missing a game here and there......that would be great for team unity and society in general because out of wedlock births to young people without an education are so wildly successful

never mind he has other issues that lead to him missing the last game of the season as well.....he misses UT Austin and UTSA......maybe he just has a phobia about playing in games against teams with University of Texas in the name or maybe it is a phobia against teams that are the first or last game of the season.....and yea lets forget all this in the context of being called out by the training staff for off season workouts and being out of shape coming into fall drills......we just can't question any of that because that is "character assassination YEA!" (of course on this forum he is just a spare "3rd stringer" anyway so what is the big deal why even post about it)

SilverEagle Wrote:First of all, this is not the guy that I was hoping would move on.

And addressing the issue of coaching vs personal responsibility/maturity issue. I view good coaching in much the same way as I view good parenting. The most successful parents are the ones who have the ability to "individualize" their kids and adjust their parenting accordingly. If you have three kids and you parent each of them exactly the same then you'll be lucky if two of them become fully functional adults. And that's assuming you have the ability to parent in the first place.

This is a long way to say that any coach with any sort of "skins" on the wall should have accurately assessed the situation with DW a LONG time ago and either 1). formulated an action plan with him (complete with time frames), that he fully understood, to get on the path to being a starter and reaching his full potential in the aforementioned coach's system, or 2) advised him to move-on a long time before this.

I agree with the poster who said that DW finally saw the writing on the wall when Mr. Greer was put ahead of him on the depth chart after the spring game. If I was DW I couldn't have been more insulted.

But, moving on, this could be an opportunity for the coaching staff to give Mr. Dillman an opportunity to see how he could do at the QB position, and go ahead and move Mr. Chumley to his ideal position.....TE.
MeanGreen13 Wrote:To me, coaching and teaching boil down to mentoring. good professors are effective with students because they set up a mentoring relationship that aids in learning. same with a coach. you want to grow young men? then invest in them more than they invest in you and watch what happens. not saying that it would have turned out different but it definitely came off as the coaches (read Mac) never liked DW interpersonally and gave him opportunities without helping him take advantage of it. i never understood the whole we give you the opportunity and you have to make it happen or you are out of here. If the kid knew what to do, why would he need a coach or a mentor? anyway, I am planning on being a professor so mentoring is something I think about a lot. There doesn't appear to have ever been a mentor for DW. Even someone like DT was at odds with the kid from the beginning (probably because the coaches used DW to threaten DT's position way too early). I know that because of some of the comments DT has made on social media that hinted at it. anyway, best of luck to DW!!! hope he finds a mentor out there that will invest in him, football and otherwise.

here we see again it is the coaches fault for not being a good "mentor" or a good "parent" or not having the right "action plan"

what is the coach suppose to do follow the guy around on the weekend and put his jimmy hat on for him?

follow him to the weight room in the off season and force him to work out and learn the playbook.....oh wait the coaches can't do that only the trainers can "monitor" the players (and perhaps post their progress on facebook for "character assassination" in the future)

MeanGreenZen Wrote:Sad missed opportunity here for everyone: DW, Mac, Canales. If DW ever gets his head on straight he could really make this hurt, especially if he goes JUCO builds up his stock and lands at P5 (we all know he has the talent). Also hope Demarcus Smith comes in and is All-CUSA while McNulty's fingers get callouses from holding clipboard so much.

here we are told that dajon (WE KNOW) has the talen to light it up at the P5 level....we KNOW this because yea 176 yards and a few touchdowns against one of the worst D1-AA teams out there shows us this

and openly wishing for the current starter to get benched and have to hold the clip board forever.....because yea it is his fault that a 3rd string loser could not get it together in his personal life or in the off season or on the field
SilverEagle Wrote:If DW REALLY has the ability to reach his full potential AND he has enough eligibility left, he could always transfer to Lamar and come back in 2017 and lead the Cardinals to a totally embarrassing win over us.
that would actually be a bit funny

Green Crazy Wrote:This is the football version of tony Mitchell.

I am sure EVERYONE remembers T-Mitch talk here on the CUSA forum......you still feeling that "pain" that T-Mitch rained down on you too aren't you

oh wait what is that T-Mitch was pretty lazy as well, under achieved, was more of a locker room distraction than a leader and while he "went pro" he is wasting that opportunity as well with less than stellar effort

and hell all of that is just from the first 3 pages of a 6 page thread that will surely go longer

but yea over here on the open participation forum dajon is "just a 3rd string spare" and "no big loss"
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2015 05:05 PM by TodgeRodge.)
06-02-2015 04:56 PM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
(06-02-2015 04:56 PM)TodgeRodge Wrote:  there seems to be a great disconnect between the few north Texas state fans on this public forum and their sheltered forum

on this public forum dajon is just a 3rd stringer that was probably not going to amount to much and is not worthy of mention when off the team.....over in the sheltered forum there is a 6 page thread (will go longer) filled with things like this

emmitt01 Wrote:Character assassination and "he was unwilling to work for it" from the usual suspects in 3...2...1...

And I hope we're all happy as the "model teammate" takes us to 4-8

so now bothering to point out that a guy who is "just a third stringer" was called out for being lazy in the off season many times, failed to learn the playbook and had issues that resulted in him missing 2 of the 12 games last season is "character assassination"......I thought it was just the truth

MeanGreen13 Wrote:Dismissed sounds like he got kicked off but I am sure he wanted out too... Because he fell behind the others is a weak reason to dismiss someone. It is actually pretty unethical to discontinue a player's scholarship because he isn't as good as you hoped. I hope Dajon goes somewhere else and Lights it up! Tired of this defensive coache's offensive philosophy, there is no room for a learning curve with these guys. Even when the kid is a freshman, 7 tds and 4 ints is enough to get you benched and then kicked off the team. this whole thing is kinda weak to me. anyway, GMG!

here we have a fan questioning the coaches ethics based on the unsubstantiated assumption that the coach cut him because he fell behind and the coach wanted that scholarship back....and of course questioning that the coach gave him a chance even though the player was called out for being lazy and not learning the playbook and missed 2 out of 12 games last season

but of course a "playa" like that will "light it up" elsewhere! (oh no wait he is just a "3rd stringer")

GMG24 Wrote:Don't blame him one bit, the fact that he sat behind Greer and Mcnulty is laughable. Sure he turned it over, sure he probably didn't bust it every day, but does that really mean he was not the most talented player on the roster at his position? That falls on the coach to teach/coach/train him how to work hard and be a leader. I am happy for DAJON to get a chance at a fair shot, bc he sure as heck wasnt going to get one here. This really irritates me, and don't feed me some bs about him not protecting the ball, don't put him in terrible situations, throwing on 2nd or 3rd and a mile inside your own 10 on some PA bootleg and expect something good to happen, I bet if mcnulty was QB we would have run an inside run and punted it. I bet Morris and Co, at SMU would have killed to get DAJON. GUUUUUUUHHHHH

here again we see the coach called out for not giving him a chance and for not somehow forcing him to actually work hard in the off season and learn the playbook and the laughable assertion that a first year coach at SMU would have killed for a lazy guy with off the field issues that is reported on this public forum to be "just a third stringer"

Harry Wrote:Sad. Not totally surprised but sad day for sure. Guy was extremely talented... unlike anything I have seen here. Wishing him well.

here he is called extremely talented and unlike anything that north Texas state has had before (this guy must have never heard of BROCK BERGLUND....YEA THAT BROCK BERGLUND! (the one you have never heard of that was going to be greatness at north Texas state after failing to get it done at Kansas and juco and that failed to get it done at northern colorado as well).....but he was BROCK BERGLUND! (with many off the field issues as well)

Side Show Joe Wrote:Everyone at the Spring Game knows Williams had a solid outing. Maybe the best of all the QBs, considering he had to face the first team D. I don't know why the staff and him couldn't make this work. I won't pretend to know what is going on within the football program, but I don't like this at all. We need a QB.

Mac will never say why Williams is gone. I wish Dajon would post his side of this story

here it is stated that he had probably the best outing of any of the QBs at the spring game (crazy he is just a third stringer though)

oldguystudent Wrote:He's got two years left, right? I'm thinking he goes FCS now. If so, he's gonna set some serious records at whoever gets him.

Ryan MuntheI Wrote:id bet he'll move to a Sun Belt FBS program and immediately win the job.

yea because every D1-AA or Sunbelt program needs a lazy 3rd stringer with off the field issues.....these two putzes are the epitome of the north Texas state fan base.....not to mention the whole sit out a year thing....dunce

H-towngreen Wrote:Don't blame him. it's obvious that he has never going to see the field here. Mac is driving his bus to the back of the pack. If not for one miraculous season where defensive turnovers and special teams carried us, he would be fired. As much as I hate to say it, I hope we win 2 games this season so that we can move on.

here a fan is so upset at losing a "3rd string talent" that he openly wishes to win only two games so the coach (that has had the only winning season in a decade not that that makes him great) will get fired and the program can move on

quite the angst over a "3rd stringer"

Ryan Munthe Wrote:He'd have a better chance of making the NFL draft there.

here we have some pea brain actually thinking that a program like North Dakota State (that actually wins things) wants "just a 3rd string cast off from north Texas state" and that he could (wait for it)

make the NFL from there 03-lmfao

emmitt01 Wrote:As I suspected, the "talent isn't everything, you have to work for it...blah, blah, blah" crowd has come out and I could have predicted who they would be. So, for the Mac apologists, explain this one. When the one thing that Brock Burglund and Dajon Williams have in common (other than not being a statue) is that they were brought here BY MAC...and then you add in the debacle that is Greer (again, brought in BY MAC)...when do we start to question the coach?!

I know, I know, for a few of you (actually one) questioning Mac is questioning RV...and that's just too much.

actually there are other things that BROCK BERGLUND (yea THAT BROCK BERGLUND) and dajon had in common

they were both said to be lazy, both expected to just have the ball handed to them, both did not learn the playbook quickly and both had off the field issues that got in the way of them playing

the only difference is that BROCK BERGLUND (YEA THAT BROCK BERGLUND) failed to impress two different coaching staffs at Kansas and one at a juco team named for a vegetable before coming to north Texas state and after leaving north Texas state he failed to get a start at a D1-AA program as well (so he failed to impress 5 coaching staffs and only impressed north Texas state fans)

Ben Gooding Wrote:Not surprising, Mac will never openly admit 1 of 2 things... 1. Mac never cared for DW as a person or as a QB and 2. Mac doesn't want to start someone at QB that he doesn't like.

Regardless of AM's "stats" in the spring game it was painfully obvious to see who the better option at QB was. The staff didn't want to go through the "Tebow Effect" for another season and made it blatantly clear that they were going to bury DW on the depth chart to force an inevitable transfer.

here again we see that a "just a 3rd stringer" was actually thought (by some) to be the best QB in the spring game and that a coach has to just not like a guy (that is lazy and with off the field issues) for SOME REASON and thus just ran him off in spite of being the best QB on the team

TheWestie Wrote:Lesson to learn: Don't have kids when you're a freshman under Coach Mac.

Ryan Munthe Wrote:Yay! More character assassination based off of a stupid Facebook chart two years ago!

yea because having a kid as an unmarried freshman in college and having to miss the first game of the season to see the birth (nothing wrong with wanting to see the kid born per say) is a real sign of a mature responsible adult especially when the entire reason you are on a college campus is to play football

maybe the whole team should just go around raw dawging some girls as freshman and missing a game here and there......that would be great for team unity and society in general because out of wedlock births to young people without an education are so wildly successful

never mind he has other issues that lead to him missing the last game of the season as well.....he misses UT Austin and UTSA......maybe he just has a phobia about playing in games against teams with University of Texas in the name or maybe it is a phobia against teams that are the first or last game of the season.....and yea lets forget all this in the context of being called out by the training staff for off season workouts and being out of shape coming into fall drills......we just can't question any of that because that is "character assassination YEA!" (of course on this forum he is just a spare "3rd stringer" anyway so what is the big deal why even post about it)

SilverEagle Wrote:First of all, this is not the guy that I was hoping would move on.

And addressing the issue of coaching vs personal responsibility/maturity issue. I view good coaching in much the same way as I view good parenting. The most successful parents are the ones who have the ability to "individualize" their kids and adjust their parenting accordingly. If you have three kids and you parent each of them exactly the same then you'll be lucky if two of them become fully functional adults. And that's assuming you have the ability to parent in the first place.

This is a long way to say that any coach with any sort of "skins" on the wall should have accurately assessed the situation with DW a LONG time ago and either 1). formulated an action plan with him (complete with time frames), that he fully understood, to get on the path to being a starter and reaching his full potential in the aforementioned coach's system, or 2) advised him to move-on a long time before this.

I agree with the poster who said that DW finally saw the writing on the wall when Mr. Greer was put ahead of him on the depth chart after the spring game. If I was DW I couldn't have been more insulted.

But, moving on, this could be an opportunity for the coaching staff to give Mr. Dillman an opportunity to see how he could do at the QB position, and go ahead and move Mr. Chumley to his ideal position.....TE.
MeanGreen13 Wrote:To me, coaching and teaching boil down to mentoring. good professors are effective with students because they set up a mentoring relationship that aids in learning. same with a coach. you want to grow young men? then invest in them more than they invest in you and watch what happens. not saying that it would have turned out different but it definitely came off as the coaches (read Mac) never liked DW interpersonally and gave him opportunities without helping him take advantage of it. i never understood the whole we give you the opportunity and you have to make it happen or you are out of here. If the kid knew what to do, why would he need a coach or a mentor? anyway, I am planning on being a professor so mentoring is something I think about a lot. There doesn't appear to have ever been a mentor for DW. Even someone like DT was at odds with the kid from the beginning (probably because the coaches used DW to threaten DT's position way too early). I know that because of some of the comments DT has made on social media that hinted at it. anyway, best of luck to DW!!! hope he finds a mentor out there that will invest in him, football and otherwise.

here we see again it is the coaches fault for not being a good "mentor" or a good "parent" or not having the right "action plan"

what is the coach suppose to do follow the guy around on the weekend and put his jimmy hat on for him?

follow him to the weight room in the off season and force him to work out and learn the playbook.....oh wait the coaches can't do that only the trainers can "monitor" the players (and perhaps post their progress on facebook for "character assassination" in the future)

MeanGreenZen Wrote:Sad missed opportunity here for everyone: DW, Mac, Canales. If DW ever gets his head on straight he could really make this hurt, especially if he goes JUCO builds up his stock and lands at P5 (we all know he has the talent). Also hope Demarcus Smith comes in and is All-CUSA while McNulty's fingers get callouses from holding clipboard so much.

here we are told that dajon (WE KNOW) has the talen to light it up at the P5 level....we KNOW this because yea 176 yards and a few touchdowns against one of the worst D1-AA teams out there shows us this

and openly wishing for the current starter to get benched and have to hold the clip board forever.....because yea it is his fault that a 3rd string loser could not get it together in his personal life or in the off season or on the field
SilverEagle Wrote:If DW REALLY has the ability to reach his full potential AND he has enough eligibility left, he could always transfer to Lamar and come back in 2017 and lead the Cardinals to a totally embarrassing win over us.
that would actually be a bit funny

Green Crazy Wrote:This is the football version of tony Mitchell.

I am sure EVERYONE remembers T-Mitch talk here on the CUSA forum......you still feeling that "pain" that T-Mitch rained down on you too aren't you

oh wait what is that T-Mitch was pretty lazy as well, under achieved, was more of a locker room distraction than a leader and while he "went pro" he is wasting that opportunity as well with less than stellar effort

and hell all of that is just from the first 3 pages of a 6 page thread that will surely go longer

but yea over here on the open participation forum dajon is "just a 3rd string spare" and "no big loss"

I didn't want to get into this thread because it isn't going to change anything, but since you dragged my comments into it...

Dajon had improved from last season. I attended a few of our spring practices, and he played no worse than our returning starter. He was a QB on the White Team (backups) at our Spring Game, and had a very solid outing, in very limited opportunities. In only a few series, he was able to move the ball against our 1st team defense for a couple of scoring drives. And, I think he only saw the field twice in the 2nd half. Our White Team (backups) won the game.

Now, I was not in the locker room, nor did I attend every practice, but from what I saw, his play merited a higher place in the QB order. I'm not happy he is gone, but I'm trying to reserve my judgement until I hear why he left.
06-02-2015 05:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.