Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CUSA commissioner hopes UAB revives football, says conference won't keep Blazers othe
Bookmark and Share
GreenSteve Offline
1st String

I Root For: Thundering Herd
CUSA commissioner hopes UAB revives football, says conference won't keep Blazers othe
05-29-2015 09:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BlueRaiderBoy Offline
All American

I Root For: MTSU
RE: CUSA commissioner hopes UAB revives football, says conference won't keep Blazers othe
(05-29-2015 09:22 AM)GreenSteve Wrote:  http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/...t_682.html

OK. We know the official position of CUSA. If all we have is one Birmingham reporter claiming to know what Ray Watts is now thinking; when do we get some real confirmation regarding the end of UAB purgatory?
05-30-2015 01:03 PM
Saint Greg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
RE: CUSA commissioner hopes UAB revives football, says conference won't keep Blazers othe
(05-30-2015 01:03 PM)BlueRaiderBoy Wrote:  
(05-29-2015 09:22 AM)GreenSteve Wrote:  http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/...t_682.html

OK. We know the official position of CUSA. If all we have is one Birmingham reporter claiming to know what Ray Watts is now thinking; when do we get some real confirmation regarding the end of UAB purgatory?

Monday
05-30-2015 02:27 PM
Advertisement

HogDawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LA Tech
(05-30-2015 01:03 PM)BlueRaiderBoy Wrote:  

I know. One way or the other, it's time to end this saga. I wish the best for UAB, but this drama has been dragging on for 5 solid months. It's time to move on to the next stage, assuming there will be one.
05-30-2015 04:26 PM
GreenMississippi Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB / VCU
(05-30-2015 04:26 PM)HogDawg Wrote:  I know. One way or the other, it's time to end this saga. I wish the best for UAB, but this drama has been dragging on for 5 solid months. It's time to move on to the next stage, assuming there will be one.
Even if Football comes back there is no close end to the saga, but hopefully we can solidify football for the foreseeable future and C*USA will have a stronger UAB Athletics program.

If football doesn't come back, our C*USA future might be over but the fight in Birmingham will get nastier and the climb back will be harder.

The big question is whether or not we semi-gracefully ease out Tuscaloosa control of UAB and create something that is closer to fair, or we waste $Millions on a bloody public relations and political war. And the length of Ray Watts' tenure at UAB is also up in the air. He can only buy himself so much time.

What Birmingham and the UAB fans and alumni have bought is the forcing of a choice for the UA System BoT of how painful this is going to be.
05-30-2015 06:21 PM
Advertisement

AdoptedMonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
It just occurred to me, GreenMississippi. Based upon your stated dual fan loyalties for both UAB and VCU, you have probably had the most miserable offseason of any poster on this board.

I feel sorry for half of you.
05-30-2015 07:22 PM
UABGrad Offline
All American

I Root For:
UAB presser will be Monday afternoon some time between 1 and 6. Note that it was going to be announce via email and social media. We are back baby!
05-30-2015 09:12 PM
Advertisement

Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
(05-30-2015 09:12 PM)UABGrad Wrote:  UAB presser will be Monday afternoon some time between 1 and 6. Note that it was going to be announce via email and social media. We are back baby!

Do you really trust the bot to follow through with this?
05-30-2015 09:52 PM
SATXBOSSMAN Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UTSA
Who confirmed a presser? Still haven't been able to find a release by the school or media.
05-30-2015 11:25 PM
Advertisement

Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Given Ray Watts' track record, it will probably be at 2pm, and announced at 1:45.
05-31-2015 07:18 AM
UABGrad Offline
All American

I Root For:
(05-30-2015 11:25 PM)SATXBOSSMAN Wrote:  Who confirmed a presser? Still haven't been able to find a release by the school or media.

Since Dec 2nd, anytime a public announcement is made that includes where Watts location will be has been short notice. Out freeuab student leader/football team member Tim Alexander gave us this scoop. Story about Tim in the link below.

https://www.football.com/en-us/uab-carri...ion-field/
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2015 08:18 AM by UABGrad.)
05-31-2015 08:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.