Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

98 Days
Bookmark and Share
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
98 Days
99 - 1999 started a streak of three consecutive winning seasons for the Bucs, led by Paul Hamilton. The Bucs would finish 6-5 in 1999, including a 28-14 win over in state rival Chattanooga.
This three year winning record streak is significant as scholarships were reduced to offset the cost of adding a Title IX sport. The Bucs proved they truly could do more with less.

(I'll take suggestions via PM for these leading up to kickoff.)
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2015 09:15 AM by Buccaneerlover.)
05-27-2015 08:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

missletoe9 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: ETSU
RE: 99 Days
99 the number I wore my junior year. Strang for a kicker
05-27-2015 08:50 AM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

RE: 97 Days
98 - 1998 ETSU placed four players on the All conference team. Lamar Cooper, Kevin Peterson and Jerry Chapman made both the media and coaches all Conference, while Tackle Sam Haynie was a coaches selection.
1998 was a season of complete frustration. Close losses to Chattanooga, Appalachian State, and The Citadel would doom a team that was coming off of back to back winning seasons, along with having to play a Miami Hurricanes team that was one horrible quarter of football from playing for a national championship and a Mississippi State team that won the SEC West and gave Tennessee everything they wanted in the SEC Championship that year.
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2015 01:52 PM by Buccaneerlover.)
05-28-2015 09:21 AM
Advertisement

Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

RE: 98 Days
97- The 1997 Bucs were a special group. After a 51-28 curb stomping of #6 Appalachian State, this team would go on to finish 7-4, finishing 3rd in the SoCon standings. First year head coach Paul Hamilton took over after Mike Cavan left for the chance to rebuild at SMU. BJ Adigun would win the Southern Conference Player of the Year award for offense in this year, He was one of 7 Bucs who would make All conference. Adigun and Mario Hankerson would both go on to achieve All American honors at what was then known as the I-AA level of college football. 97 also saw the emergence of a young gunslinger named Todd Wells. The freshmen sensation would become the first Buccaneer signal caller to win freshman of the year. Wells would go on to have a spectacular career at ETSU, posting three winning seasons in his four years for the blue and gold. His name is ALL OVER the ETSU record books as arguably one of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play at ETSU. Unfortunately, three very frustrating losses to Chattanooga, The Citadel, and James Madison would dash the Bucs hopes for back to back playoff berths and a 10-1 record, but this was still a great Buccaneer team.
05-29-2015 02:06 PM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

RE: 95 Days
96 - They were amazing. Went to the playoffs, beat a bunch of ranked teams, hosted a playoff game and won it. One of the greatest seasons in ETSU football history to date.
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2015 07:41 PM by Buccaneerlover.)
05-31-2015 07:40 PM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

RE: 98 Days
95 - A very frustrating season that saw the Bucs finish 4-7, but it wasn't without glimpses of what was to come. The Bucs struggled early starting 1-6 before they shocked college football upsetting #13 Ga. Southern and absolutely curb stomped rival Chattanooga. Greg Ryan and Donnie Abraham would win POTW honors for various performances throughout the season, while Abraham and James Russell would both be selected as All Conference.
05-31-2015 07:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.