UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rep. Jack Williams more optimistic about future of UAB football
UABGrad Offline
All American

I Root For:
Rep. Jack Williams more optimistic about future of UAB football
“My understanding is that he is on an island within the administration and that every vice president has said to him, ‘You cannot do this. You're destroying this university,'” Williams explained."

http://www.myfoxal.com/story/29133806/re...b-football
05-22-2015 11:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rook360 Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
RE: Rep. Jack Williams more optimistic about future of UAB football
I still think he is gonna go against everyone and stay with his original decision and fight going down tooth and nail.
05-22-2015 11:36 AM
blazertke Offline
1st String

(05-22-2015 11:36 AM)rook360 Wrote:  I still think he is gonna go against everyone and stay with his original decision and fight going down tooth and nail.

Hope he goes right ahead, can't wait to watch that clown crash and burn.
05-22-2015 11:47 AM
LairDweller Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB #1/Iowa #2
The entire faculty needs to boycott teaching if watts is not fired very, very soon
05-22-2015 11:49 AM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(05-22-2015 11:47 AM)blazertke Wrote:  
(05-22-2015 11:36 AM)rook360 Wrote:  I still think he is gonna go against everyone and stay with his original decision and fight going down tooth and nail.

The problem is he can do irreparable damage at that point. He's going to get his, it's just a matter of when. Unfortunately, time is not on our side right now.
05-22-2015 11:57 AM
Advertisement

BlazerMatt Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For:
DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(05-22-2015 11:57 AM)blazers9911 Wrote:  
(05-22-2015 11:47 AM)blazertke Wrote:  

The problem is he can do irreparable damage at that point. He's going to get his, it's just a matter of when. Unfortunately, time is not on our side right now.

The plan has always been to do irreparable harm to UAB.
05-22-2015 12:01 PM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
(05-22-2015 11:49 AM)LairDweller Wrote:  The entire faculty needs to boycott teaching if watts is not fired very, very soon

This could happen. This will get even uglier the longer Ray remains in office.
05-22-2015 12:25 PM
Blazer85 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB Blazers
(05-22-2015 12:25 PM)58-56 Wrote:  
(05-22-2015 11:49 AM)LairDweller Wrote:  The entire faculty needs to boycott teaching if watts is not fired very, very soon

Hopefully it wouldn't come to this, but this absolutely would force change. If the faculty truly united and everyone joined the boycott, what are you going to do if you are the administration? Fire everyone right at the beginning of the semester? How will you find credible, legitimate replacements in mass numbers in a short period of time? The answer is that you can't. The administration/BOT or whoever would be forced to deal with the issue.
05-22-2015 12:31 PM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
(05-22-2015 12:31 PM)Blazer85 Wrote:  

Hopefully it wouldn't come to this, but this absolutely would force change. If the faculty truly united and everyone joined the boycott, what are you going to do if you are the administration? Fire everyone right at the beginning of the semester? How will you find credible, legitimate replacements in mass numbers in a short period of time? The answer is that you can't. The administration/BOT or whoever would be forced to deal with the issue.

Most if not all adjuncts will be cowed into continuing to teach as would many non-tenured, and some tenured will go along with whatever the regime demands (academia attracts conformists).

Still, seeing a significant chunk of faculty walk out, supported by students and alumni, would send a powerful message.
05-22-2015 12:34 PM
Advertisement

BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
(05-22-2015 12:31 PM)Blazer85 Wrote:  

Keep in mind that you are supporting this in a state that sees no problem with many public school districts firing large parts of their faculties every May and hoping they will stick around to be rehired when/if the budget permits in August. The hiring of "credible, legitimate replacements in mass numbers" has not been a pressing concern of the state to date. The number of such firings around the state this year has not been tabulated yet.
05-22-2015 12:48 PM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
(05-22-2015 11:33 AM)UABGrad Wrote:  “My understanding is that he is on an island within the administration and that every vice president has said to him, ‘You cannot do this. You're destroying this university,'” Williams explained."

http://www.myfoxal.com/story/29133806/re...b-football

He does realize he is on the brink of creating a political firestorm bigger than just football. right?
05-22-2015 12:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BoKnows Offline
Banned

I Root For: UAB Football
The last couple days have reinforced what we all knew (Thanks to Dr. Knox)... This goes much deeper than a football team.

I can't imagine that Watts wants to continue down this road, knowing that everyone knows the endgame.
05-22-2015 12:56 PM
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Non-AQs

I invite him to do so.
05-22-2015 01:08 PM
Advertisement

BlazerHam Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
I imagine Watts believes himself to be some great leader agonizing over an extremely difficult decision in the manner of what JFK went through in the Cuban Missile Crisis. We need those closest to him to keep it real to him.
05-22-2015 04:16 PM
PTBlazer Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UAB, UofA
(05-22-2015 04:16 PM)BlazerHam Wrote:  I imagine Watts believes himself to be some great leader agonizing over an extremely difficult decision in the manner of what JFK went through in the Cuban Missile Crisis. We need those closest to him to keep it real to him.

I think he and JFK are about as equally morally bankrupt.
05-22-2015 04:30 PM
BatesUAB Offline
Doombringer, Esq.

I Root For: Hard Liquor
(05-22-2015 04:30 PM)PTBlazer Wrote:  
(05-22-2015 04:16 PM)BlazerHam Wrote:  I imagine Watts believes himself to be some great leader agonizing over an extremely difficult decision in the manner of what JFK went through in the Cuban Missile Crisis. We need those closest to him to keep it real to him.

Watts is screwing us, JFK screwed Marilyn Monroe. Big difference.
05-22-2015 04:35 PM
PTBlazer Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UAB, UofA
(05-22-2015 04:35 PM)BatesUAB Wrote:  
(05-22-2015 04:30 PM)PTBlazer Wrote:  

Watts is screwing us, JFK screwed Marilyn Monroe. Big difference.

Touche! 04-cheers
05-22-2015 04:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.