Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Omaha police officer killed in shootout..hours before going on maternity leave
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
Omaha police officer killed in shootout..hours before going on maternity leave
[Image: 2yv56j7.jpg]
[Image: 63t3rn.jpg]

What a terrible tragedy. This fine young officer lost her life in a shootout with a worthless thug. This animal thug took the mother away from a new born baby. Those of you that love to post threads attacking police can digest this horrible death of a brave officer in the line of duty.

Quote:A month ago, Omaha Police Officer Kerrie Orozco was proud of the weight her premature daughter had gained.
“She’s pretty close to 6 lbs!” Orozco wrote on Facebook, underneath photos of her two stepchildren holding baby Olivia Ruth.
Orozco had been looking forward to today — the day when she could take Olivia home after three months in the neonatal intensive care unit.
But she didn’t make it.
Orozco, 29, was killed Wednesday, her last day of police duty before taking the rest of her maternity leave to spend with her first-born child.
Gunfire erupted when Orozco and other officers attempted to arrest Marcus D. Wheeler, on a felony warrant for first-degree assault about 1 p.m.
Orozco, who was part of the gang unit, is the first female police officer in the department to die in the line of duty. She is the 25th Omaha officer killed on duty overall and the first since 2003.
Wheeler, 26, also died of injuries from the shooting near 30th Street and Martin Avenue. Wheeler was a convicted felon and a known gang member, police said.
In a press conference late Wednesday afternoon, Police Chief Todd Schmaderer said Orozco, who was a seven-​year-veteran, dedicated her life to service.
“This is a somber day for the city of Omaha,” Schmaderer said. “Officer Orozco was a top-notch individual, and the city of Omaha owes her a debt of gratitude, and her family, like no other.”
Schmaderer laid out a basic timeline of events:
At 12:58 p.m., Orozco and other members of the Metro Area Fugitive Task Force were near Martin Avenue and Read Street, looking for Wheeler, when they spotted him about a block away, near 31st Avenue and Vane Street.
Wheeler shot at officers, then ran north through a wooded area toward the backyard of a house at 3057 Martin Ave.
Orozco, another officer and a sergeant confronted Wheeler, and shots were exchanged.
Orozco collapsed.
While officers rendered first aid to Orozco, Wheeler ran east and collapsed in the backyard at 3042 Read St. A semiautomatic handgun with a drum magazine was found near him.
A man living at the Read Street house said he saw Wheeler lean against a downspout and fall to the ground. He said Wheeler was pointing at his chest, where he had been shot.
Officers performed CPR on Orozco and Wheeler, Schmaderer said.
"It was really sad," Valentine said, "really heart-wrenching, watching the officer."
Both Orozco and Wheeler were taken by ambulance to Creighton University Medical Center in extremely critical condition. They were pronounced dead at the hospital.
Angela Valentine, who lives just east of 3057 Martin Ave., was taking a nap Wednesday afternoon when her son walked in and said, "I think I heard shooting." Valentine then heard someone outside the house say, "Get down! Get down on the ground!" The people were yelling toward the back of the neighbor's house.

http://www.omaha.com/news/metro/this-is-...50422.html
05-21-2015 11:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
RE: Omaha police officer killed in shootout..hours before going on maternity leave
That is terribly sad. Anytime an officer loses their life it is tragic, but right before she was going on maternity leave to spend time with her new baby makes this officer's death harder to deal with. So sad.
05-21-2015 11:23 AM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
RE: Omaha police officer killed in shootout..hours before going on maternity leave
BLUE LIVES REALLY DO MATTER ! Without Them, We are Nothing but a Lawless Society that would Have a Lot more Thugs Killing, Stealing from the Folks The Police Protect Hourly. Officer Orozco R.I.P., Your Baby will have an Extended Family in Omaha and beyond !
05-21-2015 11:52 AM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
(05-21-2015 11:52 AM)CardFan1 Wrote:  BLUE LIVES REALLY DO MATTER ! Without Them, We are Nothing but a Lawless Society that would Have a Lot more Thugs Killing, Stealing from the Folks The Police Protect Hourly. Officer Orozco R.I.P., Your Baby will have an Extended Family in Omaha and beyond !

Man, can't you just express condolences and well wishes to her family without injecting this? It's like a disease or compulsion.

This is an awful tragedy that everyone hates to see, and I hope her child makes it through this with support from family and other loved ones. I think she'd probably she'd be worried about that the most.
05-21-2015 12:00 PM
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
Very sad. At least the scum is dead.
05-21-2015 12:08 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
Once again someone has used the "T" word to describe a black man. But it's not a racial slur.
05-21-2015 12:20 PM
Advertisement

No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I am eagerly awaiting Sharpton and Obama's press conference.
05-21-2015 12:22 PM
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
(05-21-2015 12:20 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  Once again someone has used the "T" word to describe a black man. But it's not a racial slur.

Thug is non-racial. There are white thugs everywhere. They just don't make the news as often. It's like the word "jerk"; there are jerks of all races.

Why is this so hard to understand?
05-21-2015 12:26 PM
TheEagleWay Offline
POWER OVERWHELMING

I Root For: TheNatCapital
(05-21-2015 12:20 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  Once again someone has used the "T" word to describe a black man. But it's not a racial slur.

Changing the subject again I see.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/thug

Thug: : a violent criminal
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2015 12:28 PM by TheEagleWay.)
05-21-2015 12:27 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(05-21-2015 12:26 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  

Thug is non-racial. There are white thugs everywhere. They just don't make the news as often. It's like the word "jerk"; there are jerks of all races.

Why then did no one refer to the bikers as "thugs" until I pointed it out?
05-21-2015 12:29 PM
TheEagleWay Offline
POWER OVERWHELMING

I Root For: TheNatCapital
(05-21-2015 12:29 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  

Because there are so many other adjectives that can describe a person or group.

"ohhh... you didn't call them thugs, you are a racist" ~ Which is essentially what you are saying.
05-21-2015 12:31 PM
Advertisement

NIUAlum90 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU

Ignore the Troll. There is a new "T" word for you.
05-21-2015 12:31 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

Fitbud, they're literally just trolling you and hoping to get your goat. Of course they know it's a racist term the way they're using, and anyone looking from the outside in realizes that. Doesn't mean every usage of the term is racist, and bigger wrongs out there need to be addressed first, but any reasonable person would admit that thug can contextually have racist overtones.
05-21-2015 12:33 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(05-21-2015 12:31 PM)TheEagleWay Wrote:  

Because there are so many other adjectives that can describe a person or group.

"ohhh... you didn't call them thugs, you are a racist" ~ Which is essentially what you are saying.

And yet "Thug" is the word of choice whenever a crime is committed by a black man?
05-21-2015 12:52 PM
Hokie4Skins Offline
All American

I Root For: Ed O'Bannon
What do we call this guy?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/21/arr...e-dc-home/

"Thug" or "animal" seems to be too tame.
05-21-2015 01:05 PM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
Some of the Protesters are saying that "Felon" is the new "N Word"
05-21-2015 01:07 PM
Advertisement

dfarr Offline
Murse Practitioner

I Root For: UAB
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
This breaks my heart. As the parent of a child in Heaven, it makes me feel even worse.
05-21-2015 01:12 PM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
(05-21-2015 01:05 PM)Hokie4Skins Wrote:  What do we call this guy?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/21/arr...e-dc-home/

"Thug" or "animal" seems to be too tame.

Look out for the Protests if that "Career Criminal" gets killed in a gunbattle with NYPD.
05-21-2015 01:12 PM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

It's sad that this thug died on scene. He deserved a long prison stay before his execution.
05-21-2015 01:13 PM
NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

I Root For: Ga Southern

http://www.csnbbs.com/thread-737794-post...id12062710
05-21-2015 02:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.