Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Marquette's Steve Taylor To Transfer To Toledo
Bookmark and Share
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Marquette's Steve Taylor To Transfer To Toledo
6-7 PF, former #1 player in Illinois from Chicago Simeon and ESPN 4 star recruit, will transfer to UT and have one season, 2016-17, to play.
05-17-2015 05:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
RE: Marquette's Steve Taylor To Transfer To Toledo
taylor didn't reach expectations at marquette. struggled a little with previous coach and injuries, but was a solid contributor in the big east last season. big forward w some skill who should be good in the mac. for toledo he will be a rs and mentor our big new class of freshman. and if he's %100 and the year off helps him improve his game and optimize his conditioning and strength he could be really solid pf his last yr.
05-18-2015 06:18 AM
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(05-18-2015 06:18 AM)pono Wrote:  taylor didn't reach expectations at marquette. struggled a little with previous coach and injuries, but was a solid contributor in the big east last season. big forward w some skill who should be good in the mac. for toledo he will be a rs and mentor our big new class of freshman. and if he's %100 and the year off helps him improve his game and optimize his conditioning and strength he could be really solid pf his last yr.

Could be "the river card" that gets UT into the money. Or should I say Coach K into the money (elsewhere other than Toledo).
05-18-2015 09:31 AM
Advertisement

T-Town Offline
All American

I Root For:
(05-18-2015 09:31 AM)gobaseline Wrote:  Could be "the river card" that gets UT into the money. Or should I say Coach K into the money (elsewhere other than Toledo).

The two sort of go hand-in-hand in the MAC-----a trip to the NCAA for the team and a new high prestige job for the coach with a salary increase of several fold. However after 35 years absence from the NCAA for UT MBB, it is a price I would gladly accept.
(This post was last modified: 05-27-2015 08:54 PM by T-Town.)
05-27-2015 08:52 PM
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(05-27-2015 08:52 PM)T-Town Wrote:  
(05-18-2015 09:31 AM)gobaseline Wrote:  Could be "the river card" that gets UT into the money. Or should I say Coach K into the money (elsewhere other than Toledo).

The two sort of go hand-in-hand in the MAC-----a trip to the NCAA for the team and a new high prestige job for the coach with a salary increase of several fold. However after 35 years absence from the NCAA for UT MBB, it is a price I would gladly accept.

We'll see how it plays out. One could argue the previous 2 years offered greater skilled talent than the upcoming 2 years. But that didn't work out for UT. Maybe a paradigm shift and play with less talent but better chemistry on both ends of the floor. Not saying, just saying.
05-28-2015 08:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.