Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Gun Control Success: 30 Shot In Chicago Since Friday…
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
Gun Control Success: 30 Shot In Chicago Since Friday…
[Image: 2z677zk.jpg]

This is the real tragedy for black lives in America. Does #blacklivesmatter care? Do the lib politicians care? Do Al, Jesse and Obama care?

http://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/7/71/6...-may-15-17

Woman, 81, and grandson shot while grieving in Gresham

[Image: xgbo2e.jpg]
[Image: 143fcio.jpg]

Quote: An 81-year-old woman and her 34-year-old relative were shot Friday afternoon while on a South Side porch as they were taking a break from attending the wake for the elderly woman's daughter, according to the woman's family and police.

They became the latest victims of shootings since Friday afternoon that left at least 18 other people wounded on the South and West sides.

The woman was shot in the wrist at about 5 p.m. in a drive-by shooting in the 7800 block of South Carpenter Street in the Gresham neighborhood, said Officer Thomas Sweeney, a Chicago police spokesman.

Another person, a 34-year-old man, was wounded in the hip during the attack. Both were taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, Sweeney said.

They were listed in serious to critical condition, said Will Knight, a fire department spokesman.

Ronnie Mosely, 23, said his great-grandmother, Iola Burress, 81, and cousin, Sylvester Burress, 34, were shot while on the porch at his great-grandmother's home on Carpenter.

The family had gathered for his grandmother's wake, and relatives had returned to the home to take a break from grieving, Mosely said.

"This is what Chicago looks forward to," said Mosely of being able to be outside with friends and family.

"At a moment when that support was needed, we had that taken away, we had family out in the line of fire," he said.

Family said a white truck pulled up outside the home and two gunmen fired out of the sunroof and window. They then drove into an alley and fired more shots.

Mosely said Iola Burress was shot in the hip and grazed by another bullet on her wrist, and Sylvester Burress was shot in the leg. Both were in stable condition, he said.

"She's been living here as long as I've been alive," Mosely said, adding that Iola Burress had served as a pastor at Divine Light of Faith Church.

"She's been a pillar of the community for this block and our family," Mosely said.

"This is the genocide that happens in our backyard," he said.

Family, still wearing the T-shirts they'd created in memory of Laverne Burress, Iola Burress' daughter, whose funeral is Saturday, said they couldn't believe the family was facing additional pain.

"I'm burying my sister and then I've got to look at my mother and son being shot," said Mary Burress, Mosely's aunt.

Mary Burress said her son, Sylvester, was visiting from Detroit for his grandmother's funeral.

"We've been living on this block since 1974. We've never bothered anybody. Everybody knows the Burress family," she said.

Family said they had no idea why the gunmen stopped outside their home, and Mary Burress said it's "a quiet block."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local...story.html
05-17-2015 02:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
RE: Gun Control Success: 30 Shot In Chicago Since Friday…
The Great Society destroyed the black family unit.

LBJ had his heart in the right place, but he was a dumb a$$.
05-17-2015 08:39 PM
PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
(05-17-2015 08:39 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  The Great Society destroyed the black family unit.

I am pretty sure that slavery destroyed the black family long before anyone ever heard of LBJ or the Great Society.
05-17-2015 08:43 PM
UConn-SMU Offline

(05-17-2015 08:43 PM)PirateMarv Wrote:  
(05-17-2015 08:39 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  The Great Society destroyed the black family unit.

I am pretty sure that slavery destroyed the black family long before anyone ever heard of LBJ or the Great Society.

Black families were strong until the 1960's. Slavery tore some of them apart, but the vast majority remained very close.

But when the government made fathers unnecessary in the 1960's, it all fell apart.
05-17-2015 08:58 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl

LBJ's heart was best defined by his statement, "This will have those n*****s voting democrat for the next 100 years." (or was it 200?)

(05-17-2015 08:43 PM)PirateMarv Wrote:  I am pretty sure that slavery destroyed the black family long before anyone ever heard of LBJ or the Great Society.

I am pretty sure it didn't. I guess you didn't have black friends before LBJ and the Great Society, or else you would realize that.
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2015 09:16 PM by Owl 69/70/75.)
05-17-2015 09:01 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
(05-17-2015 08:39 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  LBJ had his heart in the right place

I'm not 100% sure this is true. The man was as racist as the day is long. After blocking civil rights advances twice in his role of senator he then opted to take up the mantle to change the voting patterns of blacks.
05-17-2015 09:09 PM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(05-17-2015 08:58 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  
Black families were strong until the 1960's. Slavery tore some of them apart, but the vast majority remained very close.
But when the government made fathers unnecessary in the 1960's, it all fell apart.

UConn is much more accurate than Marv. I watched it happen. Very, very sad.
05-17-2015 09:17 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

And I'm pretty sure you have imbibed the koolaid..

In 1930 the out of wedlock birth rate for African Americans was about 12% it started skyrocketing during the 60s and is now north of 70%

A community can survive when 1/10 kids is born out of wedlock but not when only 3/10 are born to a married couple.

White's are catching up so the problems we see in the Black community will become more prevalent among whites. I think we are at 3/10 born out of wedlock now.

[Image: p70-126_pdf_hist_living_arangements_chil...;amp;h=591]
05-17-2015 09:22 PM
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
The number of shootings for this weekend is now up to 42. The story of this 81 year old Great-Grandmother who had just returned from her daughter's wake is heartbreaking.

[Image: 10dh5di.png]

An ambulance was fired on when responding to a shooting victim. This is a war zone and the MSM, #blacklivesmatter and our country's leaders just continue to ignore this. How can they ignore this?

[Image: ip8pq8.png]

Quote:A bullet shattered the window of an ambulance as paramedics were working on a patient Sunday evening in the West Englewood neighborhood.

The ambulance, operated by the Chicago Fire Department, was shot about 5:40 p.m. in the 5600 block of South Bishop, according to fire department spokesman Will Knight.

The bullet shattered the driver’s-side window, and a large caliber slug was found in the cab portion of the ambulance, the statement said. Two paramedics were treating a patient in the back at the time of the shooting, the statement said. No one was shot.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/7/71/6...south-side
05-17-2015 10:14 PM
UConn-SMU Offline

(05-17-2015 10:14 PM)EagleRockCafe Wrote:  The number of shootings for this weekend is now up to 42. The story of this 81 year old Great-Grandmother who had just returned from her daughter's wake is heartbreaking.

An ambulance was fired on when responding to a shooting victim. This is a war zone and the MSM, #blacklivesmatter and our country's leaders just continue to ignore this. How can they ignore this?

Quote:A bullet shattered the window of an ambulance as paramedics were working on a patient Sunday evening in the West Englewood neighborhood.

The ambulance, operated by the Chicago Fire Department, was shot about 5:40 p.m. in the 5600 block of South Bishop, according to fire department spokesman Will Knight.

The bullet shattered the driver’s-side window, and a large caliber slug was found in the cab portion of the ambulance, the statement said. Two paramedics were treating a patient in the back at the time of the shooting, the statement said. No one was shot.

They ignore it because there's no money to be made from it.
05-17-2015 10:25 PM
PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-17-2015 09:01 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  

LBJ's heart was best defined by his statement, "This will have those n*****s voting democrat for the next 100 years." (or was it 200?)

(05-17-2015 08:43 PM)PirateMarv Wrote:  I am pretty sure that slavery destroyed the black family long before anyone ever heard of LBJ or the Great Society.

I am pretty sure it didn't. I guess you didn't have black friends before LBJ and the Great Society, or else you would realize that.

There is so much propaganda in this country that it is amazing that the truth ever leaks out. First of all, before switching to vote for the Democrats during the FDR administration; African Americans had voted overwhelmingly for Republicans since the inception of the Republican party in 1860. It should make sense to you since the Republican party had been formed by anti slavery activists. Moreover, it was the Dixiecrats that switched from the Democratic Party to the Republican party in 1960-70's that you should be looking at; because they only did that after it became clear to them that Democrats were pushing an agenda of Civil Rights for African Americans.

Secondly, the Great Society biggest expansion was of Society Security Benefits; specifically in the way of Medicare and Medicaid. The rest of that agenda was at aimed at Civil Rights, which included the Voters Right of 1965 and the Civil Rights Act of 1968. Those two laws were designed to give African Americans the same rights that every other citizen of the Country had. The funniest part that many bigots don't seem to get is that the biggest beneficiaries of the Civil Rights Act have been white women, ethnic groups and religions. Before that act was passed women could be discriminated against in higher education and in employment. The Civil Rights act gave rise to Title 9, which college sports fans are always complaining about. The other big winners of the Great Society have been Hispanics.

I guess your post are some veiled comment about African Americans being on welfare and being from broken families and whatnot. The goofiest thing of all is that the most welfare recipients are actually non-black. Most people that think about welfare never seem to understand that welfare benefits include the following:

1. Family and Children;
2. Unemployment; and
3. Housing

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/year...49#usgs302

Another thing that surprises me is that people think that African Americans families are destroyed and they don't value education. Here are education numbers for African Americans as of 2013:
-83.7% of African Americans over the age of 25 have a high school diploma.
-20% of African Americans (10 million people) have college degrees. -1.7 million African Americans have advanced degrees.
-3.0 million African Americans were enrolled in college in 2013.
- As of 2013 45.7% of African American households were married; even though marriage rates in America is at an all time low.

By the way those education numbers don't incorporate the number of people that are in the trades or in military; and the education numbers do not incorporate the millions of African American kids in primary and secondary school.

http://www.infoplease.com/spot/bhmcensus1.html
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/marr...story.html
http://www.prb.org/Publications/Articles...cline.aspx

Here are reports on the cause of deaths for African Americans issued by the CDC. Notice that Heart Disease, Cancer, Unintentional injuries and 4 other causes of death are listed long before murder, which is actually 8th in the top 10 causes of death for African Americans.

http://www.cdc.gov/minorityhealth/popula...black.html

As of the 2010 census African Americans made up 39.4% of those incarcerated, which is about 841,000 people of the total 2 million people incarcerated. The vast majority of people that are incarcerated are there for drug offenses; which is ridiculous in this day and age seeing that law enforcement agencies all over the country are pretty much legalizing stuff like marijuana.

http://www.numberof.net/number-of-africa...in-prison/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarcerati...ted_States

These numbers clearly show that it is a lie when you hear people say that there are more African Americans in jail than college. These numbers also show that the Black family is in better shape then they have been at any point during the history of this Country.
05-17-2015 11:41 PM
Advertisement

PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-17-2015 09:22 PM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  

In 1930 the out of wedlock birth rate for African Americans was about 12% it started skyrocketing during the 60s and is now north of 70%

A community can survive when 1/10 kids is born out of wedlock but not when only 3/10 are born to a married couple.

White's are catching up so the problems we see in the Black community will become more prevalent among whites. I think we are at 3/10 born out of wedlock now.

Here you go. Speaking of Koolaide, maybe you should stop spiking yours.
05-17-2015 11:43 PM
PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-17-2015 10:14 PM)EagleRockCafe Wrote:  The number of shootings for this weekend is now up to 42. The story of this 81 year old Great-Grandmother who had just returned from her daughter's wake is heartbreaking.

International drug cartels have targeted Chicago and maybe even Memphis and New Orleans to distribute heroin because those cities are transportation hubs; which is necessary to spread heroin. So the violence in Chicago is an actually an extension of the Mexican drug wars; which is why US Attorney in the Northern District of Illinois has outstanding indictments on many drug cartels in Mexico.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mexican-drug...n-chicago/
http://abc7chicago.com/archive/8693200/
http://www.caps-blog.org/articles/2012/0...n-chicago/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7ZkimjJvhQ
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2...ized-crime
05-17-2015 11:59 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

(05-17-2015 11:41 PM)PirateMarv Wrote:  I guess your post are some veiled comment about African Americans being on welfare and being from broken families and whatnot. The goofiest thing of all is that the most welfare recipients are actually non-black. Most people that think about welfare never seem to understand that welfare benefits include the following:

Does the concept of "per capita" escape you?
05-18-2015 08:26 AM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

(05-17-2015 11:43 PM)PirateMarv Wrote:  

Here you go. Speaking of Koolaide, maybe you should stop spiking yours.

So what you're saying is that out of wedlock birth rates have not exploded since the 60s?
05-18-2015 08:31 AM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

I Root For: Southern Miss

[Image: reverse-lakers-bro.gif]
05-18-2015 08:47 AM
Advertisement

NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

I Root For: Ga Southern
lol. slavery is what is wrong with the current black community.... good lord.
05-18-2015 08:59 AM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
When will #blacklivesmatter admit the biggest threat to young blacks is young blacks.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/te...-1.2224548
05-18-2015 09:18 AM
NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

I Root For: Ga Southern
(05-18-2015 09:18 AM)usmbacker Wrote:  When will #blacklivesmatter admit the biggest threat to young blacks is young blacks.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/te...-1.2224548

he only got shot because black people used to be enslaved by other black people.
05-18-2015 09:23 AM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
Was sickened by the death of the 80 y/o woman and her grandchild.... So Sad
05-18-2015 09:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.