Steve Taylor Jr - 6'7 240 PF
05-16-2015 02:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SylvaniaRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOLEDO ROCKETS
RE: Steve Taylor Jr - 6'7 240 PF
Verbal Commits is reporting that Taylor is transferring to Toledo.

Scroll down a ways to find the tweet.
https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits

Chicago hoops is reporting the same.
http://www.chicagohoops.hoops247.com/ind...-to-toledo
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2015 02:42 PM by SylvaniaRocket.)
05-16-2015 02:38 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
WOW!!!04-jawdrop
05-16-2015 03:42 PM
DetroitRocket Online
Heisman

I Root For:
Interesting. Looks like he will have one season to play after sitting out. Never a big scorer, even in high school. Seems like he under-performed at Marquette. Maybe a change of scenery will help.

http://www.bcsn.tv/news_article/show/515655
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2015 05:21 PM by DetroitRocket.)
05-16-2015 04:43 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
For one year? Can't imagine it'll be worth it.
05-16-2015 05:32 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
(05-16-2015 05:32 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  For one year? Can't imagine it'll be worth it.

To him, to UT or to you? For me, yeah I can't see it either unless I already had my degree from the other place and this was getting me free grad school.

A possible advantage, starting time here could lead to a better chance at a professional career somewhere as opposed to sitting the bench at Marquette.
05-16-2015 06:14 PM
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

For the program. Not sure how it affects schollie a but using one for a one and done with no huge upside seems like a waste to me. If he gets 15 and 8 I'll change my mind.
05-16-2015 06:31 PM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
well, i like having a grown man who played his share of big east basketball in practice next year. i was thinking that the team doesn't need to sign anyone. barring a bunch of injuries there is enough depth next year and guys who need to get on the court and develop. i figured coach k would bank the schollie or get a transfer. no need for another frosh.

boothe is big body inside and even though his isn't a huge rebounder he bangs his share and makes or holds space. with him gone in 2016 who is the banger on the roster? maybe a couple of the frosh have the potential but it will depend on if they fill out and condition hard. taylor could be valuable for the year he plays.

i assume he's a good guy with some academic goals. no reason to take a chance for one yr on a guy with issues. should grad from toledo and maybe do some post grad work.
05-17-2015 03:47 AM
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Taylor has the potential to be far better than Whimperspoon. Eliminate Juice Brown and you could put a fork in spoon.
05-17-2015 08:26 AM
Rocket Pirate Offline
1st String

I Root For: Seton Hall
(05-16-2015 06:31 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  For the program. Not sure how it affects schollie a but using one for a one and done with no huge upside seems like a waste to me. If he gets 15 and 8 I'll change my mind.

It could be a move to even out the classes for the future, because right now they are very uneven. To even out the classes (as the roster currently stands), the program would need transfers like this or have players redshirt.

Class of 2016 - 1 (Boothe)
Class of 2017 - 4 (Jon Jon, Lauf, Garber, Taylor*)
Class of 2018 - 2 (Mosley, Hall)
Class of 2019 - 6 (!!) (Knapke, Navigato, Sanford, Adway, Rogers, White)
05-17-2015 09:51 AM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(05-17-2015 08:26 AM)gobaseline Wrote:  Taylor has the potential to be far better than Whimperspoon. Eliminate Juice Brown and you could put a fork in spoon.

03-drunk
05-17-2015 01:04 PM
Advertisement

Rocket4Life Offline
2nd String

According to a WMU poster, this transfer gives us an insight into Coach K's exit plan...03-lmfao

http://csnbbs.com/thread-737675.html
05-17-2015 04:08 PM
DetroitRocket Online
Heisman

I Root For:
[Image: marquette-steve-taylor-transfer.jpg][/align]
05-17-2015 04:19 PM
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(05-17-2015 04:08 PM)Rocket4Life Wrote:  According to a WMU poster, this transfer gives us an insight into Coach K's exit plan...03-lmfao

Put more clearly, he is trying to win and get out of Dodge asap.

His plan was aligned and loaded but when he pulled the trigger in 13-14' 03-phew nothing! Last year, again, 03-phew nothing. His replacement at UWGB, Wardle is at the level TK imagined he'd be at this time and getting ready next year or two to take it another level. Ain't happening and he isn't getting younger. The last two years have been epic failures considering the talent on hand. He cant wait for Adaway and Navigato to mature. He's hoping Jon Jon, Lauf and Taylor can cover the perimeter, mid range and inside. If Rice or TCU opened up he'd jump at the chance after the 1 year.
05-17-2015 05:32 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-17-2015 04:19 PM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  [Image: marquette-steve-taylor-transfer.jpg][/align]

Who's going to feed him?
05-17-2015 06:17 PM
RocketBBallFan Offline
1st String

(05-17-2015 05:32 PM)gobaseline Wrote:  
(05-17-2015 04:08 PM)Rocket4Life Wrote:  According to a WMU poster, this transfer gives us an insight into Coach K's exit plan...03-lmfao

His plan was aligned and loaded but when he pulled the trigger in 13-14' 03-phew nothing! Last year, again, 03-phew nothing. His replacement at UWGB, Wardle is at the level TK imagined he'd be at this time and getting ready next year or two to take it another level. Ain't happening and he isn't getting younger. The last two years have been epic failures considering the talent on hand. He cant wait for Adaway and Navigato to mature. He's hoping Jon Jon, Lauf and Taylor can cover the perimeter, mid range and inside. If Rice or TCU opened up he'd jump at the chance after the 1 year.

While this past season was very disappointing because the team underachieved, I would certainly not call the 13-14 season an "epic failure." A 27-7 record and finishing one win short of the Big Dance is not an epic failure. They didn't achieve their ultimate goal, but I believe that the 13-14 season was a huge accomplishment for the program as it represented a huge step up from where the program was when Coach K took over.
05-17-2015 08:43 PM
Advertisement

gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(05-17-2015 08:43 PM)RocketBBallFan Wrote:  

While this past season was very disappointing because the team underachieved, I would certainly not call the 13-14 season an "epic failure." A 27-7 record and finishing one win short of the Big Dance is not an epic failure. They didn't achieve their ultimate goal, but I believe that the 13-14 season was a huge accomplishment for the program as it represented a huge step up from where the program was when Coach K took over.

Won't split hairs. UT was a gifted bunch. WMU outside of Whittington were plodders. UT's come back and win in OT should have put a fork in WMU. At the very least turned them over on the grill to be cooked again and finished at a latter date. But UT didn't show up in the MACC. That loss set the stage for last years disappointment. It culminated in "no post season". K was even done with it. Wash hands on to "next!". A shame. Again, very talented group two years in a row. Tough to understand.
Maybe reboot with some fresh faces does the drink. At WMU, I believe much the same is being thought. Time to move on and pass the mantle to others and let it roll.
05-17-2015 10:25 PM
DetroitRocket Online
Heisman

I Root For:
(05-17-2015 10:25 PM)gobaseline Wrote:  

Won't split hairs. UT was a gifted bunch. WMU outside of Whittington were plodders. UT's come back and win in OT should have put a fork in WMU. At the very least turned them over on the grill to be cooked again and finished at a latter date. But UT didn't show up in the MACC. That loss set the stage for last years disappointment. It culminated in "no post season". K was even done with it. Wash hands on to "next!". A shame. Again, very talented group two years in a row. Tough to understand.
Maybe reboot with some fresh faces does the drink. At WMU, I believe much the same is being thought. Time to move on and pass the mantle to others and let it roll.

David Brown and Connar Tava were plodders?
05-18-2015 05:28 AM
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(05-18-2015 05:28 AM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  

Could time them with a sun dial. Talented? Yes. Slow? You betcha!

But even if you disagree who could logically argue that UT was loaded with skilled basketball athletes with a groovy coach who may have had 27 wins (Like Akron a decade ago) but had nothing they really valued to show for it? 27 wins? Ok! Where is the hardware? Where is the punched dance ticket? Even the real coach K said UT was going to be problems for someone in the tournament. Little did he know it was self inflicted and for two years consecutively. 03-banghead
05-18-2015 09:26 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(05-18-2015 09:26 AM)gobaseline Wrote:  
(05-18-2015 05:28 AM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  
(05-17-2015 05:32 PM)gobaseline Wrote:  Put more clearly, he is trying to win and get out of Dodge asap.

Could time them with a sun dial. Talented? Yes. Slow? You betcha!

But even if you disagree who could logically argue that UT was loaded with skilled basketball athletes with a groovy coach who may have had 27 wins (Like Akron a decade ago) but had nothing they really valued to show for it? 27 wins? Ok! Where is the hardware? Where is the punched dance ticket? Even the real coach K said UT was going to be problems for someone in the tournament. Little did he know it was self inflicted and for two years consecutively. 03-banghead

You don't do a poor job of 3 pt shooting, turn the ball over, play poor defense and expect to win titles.
05-18-2015 11:24 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.