Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arkansas- Texas Tech Big 12/SEC Challenge Should be a good one
Bookmark and Share
BallFan Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UALR
Arkansas- Texas Tech Big 12/SEC Challenge Should be a good one
Arkansas Shouldn't have any problems with this one.

Read Full Article on: Arkansas to host Texas Tech Big 12/SEC Challenge
http://www.d1coachcorner.com/
05-15-2015 11:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

hawghiggs Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas
RE: Arkansas- Texas Tech Big 12/SEC Challenge Should be a good one
We get them for football and basketball this upcoming season.
05-15-2015 11:02 PM
Blue Dynasty Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Kentucky
I like the old Southwest Conference rivals getting together, I am curious when the powers that be behind this challenge will work up the gumption to try to put together the TAMU-Texas and Mizzou-Kansas games?

Speaking of the Jayhawks, this oughta be fun, us Wildcats are gonna get to take a trip to Allen Fieldhouse for the Challenge
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2015 03:33 AM by Blue Dynasty.)
05-16-2015 03:32 AM
BewareThePhog Offline
1st String

I Root For: KU
I doubt the lack of UT/A&M and KU/MU games are for lack of trying - right now, those are games (right or wrong, good, bad or indifferent) that UT and KU aren't interested in, and they have enough clout to keep them from getting on the schedule.

KU and UK are both in the Champions Challenge (or whatever that tournament is called) so we already have a partial rotation going - throw in the Big 12/SEC challenge, and that's another partial rotation. I've heard it suggested that we go to an every year home-and-home series. I like the Champions Challenge well enough, but I do like the idea of us playing at each others' arenas rather than at neutral sites.

I know ol' Roy isn't keen on playing KU (and I'll take him at his word about being torn over that) but once he goes I think it'd be cool to see a KU/UNC series as well. UK and UNC are both historic programs with which we have some connection, so it would be fun for us to have them on the schedule regularly.
05-19-2015 01:27 PM
Advertisement

murrdcu Offline
1st String

(05-15-2015 11:02 PM)hawghiggs Wrote:  We get them for football and basketball this upcoming season.

Tech couldn't stop the running game last year, should be another demoralizing blowout again this year.
05-19-2015 05:29 PM
hawghiggs Offline
All American

(05-19-2015 05:29 PM)murrdcu Wrote:  
(05-15-2015 11:02 PM)hawghiggs Wrote:  We get them for football and basketball this upcoming season.

Tech couldn't stop the running game last year, should be another demoralizing blowout again this year.
They didn't have much talent on the D-line and their linebackers were awful against the run. I agree with you. We should be able to punish them again this year.
05-19-2015 10:43 PM
Blue Dynasty Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Kentucky
(05-19-2015 01:27 PM)BewareThePhog Wrote:  I doubt the lack of UT/A&M and KU/MU games are for lack of trying - right now, those are games (right or wrong, good, bad or indifferent) that UT and KU aren't interested in, and they have enough clout to keep them from getting on the schedule.

KU and UK are both in the Champions Challenge (or whatever that tournament is called) so we already have a partial rotation going - throw in the Big 12/SEC challenge, and that's another partial rotation. I've heard it suggested that we go to an every year home-and-home series. I like the Champions Challenge well enough, but I do like the idea of us playing at each others' arenas rather than at neutral sites.

I know ol' Roy isn't keen on playing KU (and I'll take him at his word about being torn over that) but once he goes I think it'd be cool to see a KU/UNC series as well. UK and UNC are both historic programs with which we have some connection, so it would be fun for us to have them on the schedule regularly.

Agreed, the Champions Classic is really fun, great way to rotate UK, KU, Duke and Mich State year after year in major arenas, makes for a Final Four atmosphere in early season. But I do agree with the history of UK, KU, and UNC as well (whom we are also with in a four-team challenge series, the CBS Sports Classic I think it's called, UK, UNC, UCLA and Ohio State), all of us should just play on each others' courts. Hell, UK and UNC play in arenas named after KU alums 03-wink
05-24-2015 06:00 PM
murrdcu Offline
1st String

(05-19-2015 10:43 PM)hawghiggs Wrote:  
(05-19-2015 05:29 PM)murrdcu Wrote:  

They didn't have much talent on the D-line and their linebackers were awful against the run. I agree with you. We should be able to punish them again this year.

Texas Tech brought in Juco's to help them out against Arkansas' line. With everyone going to Spread and Super HUNH's, it's fun to watch those teams try and figure out how to stop a smash mouth or pro style offense.
05-28-2015 09:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.