Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Teen - Dead for 20 Minutes - Says He Saw Jesus Before Being Revived
EverRespect Online
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
Teen - Dead for 20 Minutes - Says He Saw Jesus Before Being Revived
Quote:Doctors can’t seem to explain it, but one Texas family is sure it was the hand of God that brought their son back to life.

17-year-old Zack Clements is a strong, healthy and outgoing high school athlete. He goes to school and plays football at Victory Life Academy in Brownwood, Texas.

It was there last week the teen suddenly collapsed while running in P.E. class.

He was rushed to the hospital where doctors worked to revive him.

According to Clements, “they said I was without a heart beat for 20 minutes.”

When doctors finally got a pulse, Clements was airlifted to Cook Children’s Hospital in Fort Worth. He would wake up there in the intensive care unit days later.

His recovery has been hard to believe, but even more amazing is the story he tells of what he saw when his heart stopped beating.

“When I was out those 20 minutes, I saw a man who had long ruffled hair and kind of a thick beard, and it didn’t take me long to realize that that was Jesus,” he said.

He described what the family is convinced was a miracle.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/05/14/texas...g-revived/
05-15-2015 08:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
RE: Teen - Dead for 20 Minutes - Says He Saw Jesus Before Being Revived
Pretty cool. I'm just waiting for the resident militant atheists on the board to come in and say that he's either lying for some sort of profit, or have some medical reasoning for it.
05-15-2015 09:12 AM
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
05-15-2015 10:00 AM
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
You know this is real simple for me. Once I see proof I'll believe. Just give me an all call. Maybe a face in the sky saying I'm here. A kid remembering something when he comes out of a coma doesn't do it. It could just as easily have been a dream.

I want some proof.
05-15-2015 10:03 AM
ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
(05-15-2015 10:03 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  You know this is real simple for me. Once I see proof I'll believe. Just give me an all call. Maybe a face in the sky saying I'm here. A kid remembering something when he comes out of a coma doesn't do it. It could just as easily have been a dream.

I want some proof.

He was dead.

That's not a coma. That's not a dream.

And how arrogant are you that you think you deserve any material proof? I can answer that for you...
05-15-2015 10:06 AM
NIUAlum90 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
(05-15-2015 10:03 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  You know this is real simple for me. Once I see proof I'll believe. Just give me an all call. Maybe a face in the sky saying I'm here. A kid remembering something when he comes out of a coma doesn't do it. It could just as easily have been a dream.
I want some proof.

You will have it when you die, that's the rub.
05-15-2015 10:07 AM
Advertisement

Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
I think that's awesome. I hope the experience changes his life in such a way that he does what Jesus would do for the rest of his life.
05-15-2015 10:10 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Read this book.
Howard Storm is best known as the author of the book My Descent into Death about his near-death experience (NDE). The book was originally published in 2000, and after being noticed by author Anne Rice and supported by her, was acquired by Doubleday and re-published as a hardback book in 2005.
http://www.howardstorm.com/Book.html

http://www.amazon.com/My-Descent-Into-De...0385513763
Storm, an avowed atheist, was awaiting emergency surgery when he realized that he was at death’s door. Storm found himself out of his own body, looking down on the hospital room scene below. Next, rather than going “toward the light,” he found himself being torturously dragged to excruciating realms of darkness and death, where he was physically assaulted by monstrous beings of evil. His description of his pure terror and torture is unnerving in its utter originality and convincing detail.

Finally, drawn away from death and transported to the realm of heaven, Storm met angelic beings as well as the God of Creation. In this fascinating account, Storm tells of his “life review,” his conversation with God, even answers to age-old questions such as why the Holocaust was allowed to take place. Storm was sent back to his body with a new knowledge of the purpose of life here on earth. This book is his message of hope.

"This is a book you devour from cover to cover, and pass on to others. This is a book you will quote in your daily conversation. Storm was meant to write it and we were meant to read it."

-From the foreward by Anne Rice
05-15-2015 10:15 AM
QuestionSocratic Offline
Banned

I Root For: Buffalo
Maybe he saw....

[Image: giphy.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2015 10:31 AM by QuestionSocratic.)
05-15-2015 10:29 AM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
(05-15-2015 10:15 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Read this book.
Howard Storm is best known as the author of the book My Descent into Death about his near-death experience (NDE). The book was originally published in 2000, and after being noticed by author Anne Rice and supported by her, was acquired by Doubleday and re-published as a hardback book in 2005.

Storm, an avowed atheist, was awaiting emergency surgery when he realized that he was at death’s door. Storm found himself out of his own body, looking down on the hospital room scene below. Next, rather than going “toward the light,” he found himself being torturously dragged to excruciating realms of darkness and death, where he was physically assaulted by monstrous beings of evil. His description of his pure terror and torture is unnerving in its utter originality and convincing detail.

Finally, drawn away from death and transported to the realm of heaven, Storm met angelic beings as well as the God of Creation. In this fascinating account, Storm tells of his “life review,” his conversation with God, even answers to age-old questions such as why the Holocaust was allowed to take place. Storm was sent back to his body with a new knowledge of the purpose of life here on earth. This book is his message of hope.

"This is a book you devour from cover to cover, and pass on to others. This is a book you will quote in your daily conversation. Storm was meant to write it and we were meant to read it."

There is another book that I would like to suggest.

The Case for Christ records Lee Strobel's attempt to "determine if there's credible evidence that Jesus of Nazareth really is the Son of God." The book consists primarily of interviews between Strobel (a former legal editor at the Chicago Tribune) and biblical scholars such as Bruce Metzger. Each interview is based on a simple question, concerning historical evidence (for example, "Can the Biographies of Jesus Be Trusted?"), scientific evidence, ("Does Archaeology Confirm or Contradict Jesus' Biographies?"), and "psychiatric evidence" ("Was Jesus Crazy When He Claimed to Be the Son of God?"). Together, these interviews compose a case brief defending Jesus' divinity, and urging readers to reach a verdict of their own.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Case-Faith-Inv...KVD1VH2RBD
05-15-2015 10:33 AM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF

I want some proof.

Mach. Go out in your backyard tonight. Look up at the stars. Take a hike in the nearest state park you can find, walk along the beach one evening... Think of all the people you have loved you...think of everyone you have ever loved... God is everywhere.
05-15-2015 10:50 AM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
Im glad the young man survived. I tend to agree with Mach and am a skeptic of NDE. I would not thought call him a liar. Im sure he experienced some type of vision. NDE could be nothing more than hallucinations caused by oxygen deprivation. They also... could be real for all I know.
05-15-2015 12:10 PM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
(05-15-2015 10:50 AM)No Bull Wrote:  

I want some proof.

Mach. Go out in your backyard tonight. Look up at the stars. Take a hike in the nearest state park you can find, walk along the beach one evening... Think of all the people you have loved you...think of everyone you have ever loved... God is everywhere.

that's the truth right there. god is intelligence. god is purpose. god is you. or so i've read
05-15-2015 12:47 PM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
I'm sure the young man believes what he saw, and is telling the truth, as he knows it. That said, a brain being deprived of oxygen can cause hallucinations.
05-15-2015 01:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UofMemphis Away

Donators

I want some proof.

Applying god like qualities to things we don't fully understand is simply humans trying to rationalize our place in the universe.
05-15-2015 01:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
(05-15-2015 01:16 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  

I want some proof.

Applying god like qualities to things we don't fully understand is simply humans trying to rationalize our place in the universe.

no it's not
05-15-2015 01:17 PM
Advertisement

UofMemphis Away

Donators
(05-15-2015 01:17 PM)Lush Wrote:  
(05-15-2015 01:16 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  

I want some proof.

no it's not

Yes, it is. (we could do this all day and not change each others mind)

What makes America great is that I get to believe mine, you get to believe yours, and no violence has to come from it.
05-15-2015 01:19 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(05-15-2015 10:33 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(05-15-2015 10:15 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Read this book.

There is another book that I would like to suggest.

The Case for Christ records Lee Strobel's attempt to "determine if there's credible evidence that Jesus of Nazareth really is the Son of God." The book consists primarily of interviews between Strobel (a former legal editor at the Chicago Tribune) and biblical scholars such as Bruce Metzger. Each interview is based on a simple question, concerning historical evidence (for example, "Can the Biographies of Jesus Be Trusted?"), scientific evidence, ("Does Archaeology Confirm or Contradict Jesus' Biographies?"), and "psychiatric evidence" ("Was Jesus Crazy When He Claimed to Be the Son of God?"). Together, these interviews compose a case brief defending Jesus' divinity, and urging readers to reach a verdict of their own.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Case-Faith-Inv...KVD1VH2RBD

Thanks I will take a look at this.
05-15-2015 01:19 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
I want some proof.

XACLY!

there are some whose brain is a useful tool when it comes to washing.....
05-15-2015 01:26 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(05-15-2015 10:07 AM)NIUAlum90 Wrote:  
I want some proof.

You will have it when you die, that's the rub.

therefore, we should all kill ourselves.....oops, that one is taboo
05-15-2015 01:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.