ESPN Previews The Herd....
05-13-2015 06:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

lmckay92 Offline
Straight cash, homie.

I Root For: Marshall
RE: ESPN Previews The Herd....
I don't think we are going to slow down at all this year. Birdsong will be offense POY if it isn't Devon Johnson.
05-13-2015 07:26 PM
FlyHawk98 Offline
1st String

Gosh, I wish I was that confident.

We are a DJ injury away from being mediocre imo.
05-13-2015 07:30 PM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

I Root For: The Bridge of Death
(05-13-2015 07:26 PM)lmckay92 Wrote:  I don't think we are going to slow down at all this year. Birdsong will be offense POY if it isn't Devon Johnson.

[Image: e8a.gif]
05-13-2015 07:50 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
(05-13-2015 07:50 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  
(05-13-2015 07:26 PM)lmckay92 Wrote:  I don't think we are going to slow down at all this year. Birdsong will be offense POY if it isn't Devon Johnson.

[Image: e8a.gif]

Not so fast Kruciff... While I feel there will be a drop off, don't be surprised if we contend for the title...and don't be surprised if you're right
05-13-2015 08:07 PM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
I feel bad for the reasonable Marshall fans that post here, the loudest and smack talkers have equaled the most obnoxious fan base so far this off season..Amazing too considering last season I could see Marshall fans being able to talk smack and never remember it being as bad as it has been so far this off season....Even more impressive when you consider your teenager and loudest (herd fever) was banned from here.....Just be ready if you guys drop 3 or 4 games this season, everyone on here will remember a few of you that spewed non sense all off season...

Birdsong for POY is beyond funny...
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2015 08:48 AM by WKUFan518.)
05-14-2015 08:40 AM
Advertisement

MUHERD76 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall Thundering Herd
Re: RE: ESPN Previews The Herd....
(05-14-2015 08:40 AM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  I feel bad for the reasonable Marshall fans that post here, the loudest and smack talkers have equaled the most obnoxious fan base so far this off season..Amazing too considering last season I could see Marshall fans being able to talk smack and never remember it being as bad as it has been so far this off season....Even more impressive when you consider your teenager and loudest (herd fever) was banned from here.....Just be ready if you guys drop 3 or 4 games this season, everyone on here will remember a few of you that spewed non sense all off season...

I'm tempering my expectations a little bit.....that being said, we return a lot of talent. Coach has built a program that features a lot of depth at all positions. His own words..."we wont be rebuilding, we are reloading" reflects a lot of the belief from most Marshall fans. Truth is that we have had the highest ranked CUSA recruiting class since year two when Doc arrived. I fully expect us to be near the top (or at the top) as the season winds down.
05-14-2015 09:34 AM
FlyHawk98 Offline
1st String

I fully expect to compete for a conference championship every single year (as long as Doc is here.)

That being said, I think this COULD end up being a rough year for us. QB play is a big part of any offense, but especially to ours.

I'm not expecting to earn the AB or anything, but I do fully expect to be competing for a CUSA championship.
05-14-2015 09:47 AM
07owl Offline
All American

I Root For: Rice
I'd be surprised if anyone other than Doughty wins POY, but I have been wrong before
05-14-2015 09:54 AM
mufanatehc Offline
Hmm...

I Root For: BSU, EHC, & MU
If Johnson puts up the numbers he had last season and doesn't get injured, he has an excellent shot at beating out Doughty
05-14-2015 10:09 AM
MarshallHerdFanz Offline
1st String

(05-14-2015 08:40 AM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  I feel bad for the reasonable Marshall fans that post here, the loudest and smack talkers have equaled the most obnoxious fan base so far this off season..Amazing too considering last season I could see Marshall fans being able to talk smack and never remember it being as bad as it has been so far this off season....Even more impressive when you consider your teenager and loudest (herd fever) was banned from here.....Just be ready if you guys drop 3 or 4 games this season, everyone on here will remember a few of you that spewed non sense all off season...

Birdsong is a stretch, but Johnson will be in fact one of three candidates, along with your stupid QB and someone else. If Johnson stays healthy we are the team to beat in the EAST, without him we may finish 8-4. With him we probably finish 11-1 with a 8-0 record in conference. I do not care if we are 0-11 and you are 11-0 next year, MARSHALL will be out for blood against WKU. If there is three games i could guarantee wins its Norfolk, Charlotte, and WKU.
05-14-2015 10:32 AM
Advertisement

wh49er Offline
All American

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
There must be some good stuff in Huntington because Birdsong for POY is a pipe dream. Charlotte played against him in 2013 and he was mediocre against walk-ons and FCS talent.
05-14-2015 11:29 AM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

(05-14-2015 10:32 AM)MarshallHerdFanz Wrote:  

Birdsong is a stretch, but Johnson will be in fact one of three candidates, along with your stupid QB and someone else. If Johnson stays healthy we are the team to beat in the EAST, without him we may finish 8-4. With him we probably finish 11-1 with a 8-0 record in conference. I do not care if we are 0-11 and you are 11-0 next year, MARSHALL will be out for blood against WKU. If there is three games i could guarantee wins its Norfolk, Charlotte, and WKU.

You on the team?

Ever think Cato's ability last season opened up lanes for your RB?

Not sure what you mean by "stupid QB"?

Never know for sure until the games are played but I would be really surprised if WKU does not give Marshall a run for the money in the East and a dark horse like FAU emerges also to give Marshall a run too...You guys lost a lot of playmakers from last season despite whatever "X-Men" talented guys you have in the pipeline waiting....Recruiting is mostly the same for the top CUSA programs, we are all getting a lot of the same talent level despite Marshall fan boys on here claims they only have super freak talent and everyone else has the scraps...

Experienced, good QB's are college football these days...Without one you could be headed for disappointment...
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2015 11:57 AM by WKUFan518.)
05-14-2015 11:55 AM
MUHERD76 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall Thundering Herd
Re: RE: ESPN Previews The Herd....
(05-14-2015 11:29 AM)wh49er Wrote:  There must be some good stuff in Huntington because Birdsong for POY is a pipe dream. Charlotte played against him in 2013 and he was mediocre against walk-ons and FCS talent.

Remember this....you are only as good as the people you have around you. Fortunately we have a lot of talent at the skill positions to go around. And dont be surprised if Litton takes over the reigns sooner than later. He is a special talent.
05-14-2015 11:57 AM
FlyHawk98 Offline
1st String

(05-14-2015 11:29 AM)wh49er Wrote:  There must be some good stuff in Huntington because Birdsong for POY is a pipe dream. Charlotte played against him in 2013 and he was mediocre against walk-ons and FCS talent.

I agree. Only person on our team who could potentially be the POY is Johnson.

Obviously someone could emerge, Birdsong could be incredible, but to even insinuate something such as this is ridiculous imo.

As for the recruiting at the top of CUSA all being the same. I strongly disagree. I think we are getting better recruits at Marshall, and have been for a few years now.

A good recruit does not always equate to a good college player though.
05-14-2015 12:09 PM
pilot172000 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tech/ Bama
(05-14-2015 09:54 AM)07owl Wrote:  I'd be surprised if anyone other than Doughty wins POY, but I have been wrong before

Kenneth Dixon will break NCAA records next year. I say because he has a streak of 14 games in a row with a TD and is 24 TD off of the Rushing TD record. He has had seasons of 22 and 27.
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2015 12:40 PM by pilot172000.)
05-14-2015 12:34 PM
Advertisement

ODUAlumni2015 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ODU, Penn State
(05-14-2015 11:57 AM)MUHERD76 Wrote:  

Remember this....you are only as good as the people you have around you. Fortunately we have a lot of talent at the skill positions to go around. And dont be surprised if Litton takes over the reigns sooner than later. He is a special talent.
Exactly. Issues start when those people around the QB starting doing his job for him. You guys will be fine as I see only fours teams that cause problems for you guys. Birdsongs will also have a tank parked right next to him, so when in doubt hand it off to #47.
05-15-2015 08:44 AM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
(05-14-2015 11:55 AM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  

You on the team?

Never know for sure until the games are played but I would be really surprised if WKU does not give Marshall a run for the money in the East and a dark horse like FAU emerges also to give Marshall a run too...You guys lost a lot of playmakers from last season despite whatever "X-Men" talented guys you have in the pipeline waiting....Recruiting is mostly the same for the top CUSA programs, we are all getting a lot of the same talent level despite Marshall fan boys on here claims they only have super freak talent and everyone else has the scraps...

Experienced, good QB's are college football these days...Without one you could be headed for disappointment...

Bold 1: I agree completely

Bold 2: Oh??? Granted, Cato and Roberts (cb) are massive losses. Shuler (Jean-Louis), Frohnapfel (Yurichek), Reaves (Foster) all have more than adequate replacements. We lost two LB's but McKelvey is back after getting injured last year, and Tyquan Lang, Cory Tyndal, and A.J. Leggett are back... So where are all of these playmakers that we lost?

Bold 3: Agree, but Cato did pretty well his freshman year. As an INEXPERIENCED qb, he beat Louisville and Teddy Bridgewater, so I generally agree with your statement....there are exceptions.

I'm pretty sure we'll go to a bowl and contend for the east. And WKU fans, you weren't invincible last year so don't think that a La Tech or Rice, or FAU can't hand you your ass this year. I KNOW we are not invincible. Any of the east teams could beat us on any given day.

But hey, that's why we play the games, right? Oh, and Birdsong POY??? No.
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2015 09:08 AM by THUNDERStruck73.)
05-15-2015 09:06 AM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

(05-15-2015 09:06 AM)THUNDERGround Wrote:  

You on the team?

Bold 2: Oh??? Granted, Cato and Roberts (cb) are massive losses. Shuler (Jean-Louis), Frohnapfel (Yurichek), Reaves (Foster) all have more than adequate replacements. We lost two LB's but McKelvey is back after getting injured last year, and Tyquan Lang, Cory Tyndal, and A.J. Leggett are back... So where are all of these playmakers that we lost?

Bold 3: Agree, but Cato did pretty well his freshman year. As an INEXPERIENCED qb, he beat Louisville and Teddy Bridgewater, so I generally agree with your statement....there are exceptions.

I'm pretty sure we'll go to a bowl and contend for the east. And WKU fans, you weren't invincible last year so don't think that a La Tech or Rice, or FAU can't hand you your ass this year. I KNOW we are not invincible. Any of the east teams could beat us on any given day.

But hey, that's why we play the games, right? Oh, and Birdsong POY??? No.

Have not read any bold and outlandish predictions preseason made by any WKU fans and certainly nothing anywhere close to what a few Marshall fans are boasting this off season....

I have said all along I expect 9 wins from WKU for next season, but would not be surprised if we only win 7 or 8 with the tough schedule we have and how its set up against us this season with 3 straight tough games on the road in the heart of the schedule....I know its not going to be a cakewalk just like I don't think its going to be as easy for Marshall as most of you fans are acting like its going to be...

I think our offense more than likely may not repeat what it did last season, however, same token I would expect our defense to not be anywhere as bad as they were last season, that can make up for the losses we had last season...Either way I think its a very even CUSA with 4 or 5 teams that will contend, just do not see a runaway team this year, everyone has questions marks, just some teams have fewer than others...
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2015 10:16 AM by WKUFan518.)
05-15-2015 09:37 AM
ODUAlumni2015 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ODU, Penn State
(05-15-2015 09:06 AM)THUNDERGround Wrote:  

You on the team?

I'm pretty sure we'll go to a bowl and contend for the east. And WKU fans, you weren't invincible last year so don't think that a La Tech or Rice, or FAU can't hand you your ass this year. I KNOW we are not invincible.
No one is.
I have a philosophy that says:

Anybody can lose at anytime.

Teams that loss critical players to graduation should take things into perspective, like we did when we beat the 2013 CUSA Champs Rice. Everyone came into 2014 thinking Uncle Bens was going to win it all again and looked what happened. This should also serve as a model of what the possibilities could be if your school loss a great QB.

Remember that ODU vs La Tech game? I remember we thought we were going to get pounded from all angles and in holes we didn't know existed. The thread is probably still here where the La Tech fans were taunting us Monarch fans and someone even said, “When we come to Foreman Field, we are taking Big Blue’s crown as well,” or something along those lines. What ended up happening? It was just like any other ODU football game, but during the second half, Our Defense Unleashed on the Dawgs and they only scored 3 points in overtime! (I think we outscored them 16-3) I watched Bobby's presser and I am 100% certain that having our Offense suck the life of the Dawgs defense for 9 minutes was planned from the beginning, despite BW making it seems like it was something the coaching staff conjectured up during the half. That just shows –

Anybody can lose at anytime!
05-15-2015 10:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.