Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

rice owls email
junrice Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: RICE
rice owls email
Long time ago, I remember some website like http://www.owlsnet.com
or sth like that provide free email account, but cannot find that anymore,
or someone know a similar website? thanks in advance.
05-12-2015 11:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KBROwl Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Rice

New Orleans Bowl
RE: rice owls email
There's a link for a ForeveRice lifetime email address on the http://alumni.rice.edu/ website.
05-12-2015 12:13 PM
NYNightOwl Offline
NYOwl

I Root For: Rice Owls
There was something on riceowls.com a year or more ago that provided (if I remember correctly) yourname@riceowls.com addresses. I just skimmed the athletic site and don't see that feature anymore. The new "forever email" chosen template is the somewhat random yourname@ricealumni.net. Still hope someday to see it as yourname@rice.edu. It might still be possible to get a yourname@alumni.rice.edu which is a bit better. Although that's just a forwarder, not a web-based email inbox.
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2015 03:04 PM by NYNightOwl.)
05-12-2015 02:57 PM
Grungy Online

I Root For: Rice

New Orleans Bowl
(05-12-2015 11:48 AM)junrice Wrote:  Long time ago, I remember some website like http://www.owlsnet.com
or sth like that provide free email account, but cannot find that anymore,
or someone know a similar website? thanks in advance.

It was abandoned.
05-12-2015 03:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
austinowl73 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Rice, the Phils

New Orleans Bowl
I have a ricealumni.net address and it shows up in my google email along with my office email (which is also google based.) I changed when I moved late last year and Time Warner -- for my convenience -- ended my austin.rr.com email account.

the ricealumni account works just fine and by now it is even easy to type.
05-12-2015 04:35 PM
Advertisement

georgewebb Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice!
The Parliament AwardsDonators
(05-12-2015 02:57 PM)NYNightOwl Wrote:  It might still be possible to get a yourname@alumni.rice.edu which is a bit better. Although that's just a forwarder, not a web-based email inbox.

That's what I've got!
05-12-2015 07:43 PM
gsloth Offline
perpetually tired

I Root For: Rice&underdogs

Donators
It's that .edu address that can help when trying to education pricing on products. If someone figures out how to get it in the here-and-now (didn't do anything back in the 90s when I first heard about it, and now regret that), let me know. Let all of us know, I would presume.
05-13-2015 01:19 PM
I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

New Orleans Bowl
(05-13-2015 01:19 PM)gsloth Wrote:  It's that .edu address that can help when trying to education pricing on products. If someone figures out how to get it in the here-and-now (didn't do anything back in the 90s when I first heard about it, and now regret that), let me know. Let all of us know, I would presume.

Log in to your alumni account and hover over "Connect" then click on Online Services. You can create your You@RiceAlumni.net address there, and create or change your You@alumni.rice.edu address as well.

Or, logon and use this link... Rice University || Association of Rice Alumni - Email Forwarding: Edit Email Forwarding Account

I had an Owlnet account back in the days where they assigned you three initials ... I continued that with the @alumni.rice.edu account, but I believe you can still email my @rice.edu account and it will forward.

Now, @RiceAlumni.net is managed by Google. I have an account, I just don't know the password or how to recover it... It indicates that I need to contact the administrator. If anyone can answer that one, I'd be grateful.
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2015 01:51 PM by I45owl.)
05-13-2015 01:50 PM
gsloth Offline
perpetually tired

I Root For: Rice&underdogs

Donators
(05-13-2015 01:50 PM)I45owl Wrote:  
(05-13-2015 01:19 PM)gsloth Wrote:  It's that .edu address that can help when trying to education pricing on products. If someone figures out how to get it in the here-and-now (didn't do anything back in the 90s when I first heard about it, and now regret that), let me know. Let all of us know, I would presume.

Log in to your alumni account and hover over "Connect" then click on Online Services. You can create your You@RiceAlumni.net address there, and create or change your You@alumni.rice.edu address as well.

Or, logon and use this link... Rice University || Association of Rice Alumni - Email Forwarding: Edit Email Forwarding Account

I had an Owlnet account back in the days where they assigned you three initials ... I continued that with the @alumni.rice.edu account, but I believe you can still email my @rice.edu account and it will forward.

Now, @RiceAlumni.net is managed by Google. I have an account, I just don't know the password or how to recover it... It indicates that I need to contact the administrator. If anyone can answer that one, I'd be grateful.

I wonder the status of my old Owlnet account. I too was a late 80s student, but didn't do anything to use it or manage it after graduation. I'm not even sure what the address was (it might be my initials - just don't remember). Oh well.
05-13-2015 03:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.