Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

C-USA News
Bookmark and Share
MUsince96 Offline
All American

I Root For: Marshall
C-USA News
Matt Sarzyniak said on Twitter yesterday that we're close to hearing some C-USA TV stuff.

He linked an article saying ODU would be placing a bid to host the C-USA hoops tournament.

And Charlotte has pulled the 7pm start time for the Temple game.
05-12-2015 06:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Old Dominion Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: C-USA News
Who is Matt Sarzyniak?
05-12-2015 06:49 AM
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
(05-12-2015 06:49 AM)Old Dominion Wrote:  Who is Matt Sarzyniak?

He has what I think is the best site for keeping track of college sports on tv and he has been around for a while. Very informed and a legit source of info.

Matts site
05-12-2015 06:58 AM
MUsince96 Offline
All American

Yeah he's a good guy to follow and will have a conversation with you if you've got questions.
05-12-2015 07:09 AM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
When did the games for TV get announced last year?
05-12-2015 07:10 AM
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-12-2015 07:10 AM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  When did the games for TV get announced last year?

About the end of May.

2014 tv
05-12-2015 07:14 AM
Advertisement

WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
(05-12-2015 07:14 AM)MinerInWisconsin Wrote:  
(05-12-2015 07:10 AM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  When did the games for TV get announced last year?

About the end of May.

2014 tv

Thanks!
05-12-2015 07:26 AM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(05-12-2015 06:39 AM)MUsince96 Wrote:  Matt Sarzyniak said on Twitter yesterday that we're close to hearing some C-USA TV stuff.

He linked an article saying ODU would be placing a bid to host the C-USA hoops tournament.

Imagine that'll be a CBS Sports or Fox Sports game then.

I'd love to have a nationally televised game for our first home game under the lights. The atmosphere should be great!
05-12-2015 08:43 AM
MUsince96 Offline
All American

(05-12-2015 08:43 AM)Niner National Wrote:  
(05-12-2015 06:39 AM)MUsince96 Wrote:  Matt Sarzyniak said on Twitter yesterday that we're close to hearing some C-USA TV stuff.

I'd love to have a nationally televised game for our first home game under the lights. The atmosphere should be great!

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't pulling the game mean they're moving it to a different time most likely not at night since it was at 7?
05-12-2015 08:55 AM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-12-2015 08:55 AM)MUsince96 Wrote:  

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't pulling the game mean they're moving it to a different time most likely not at night since it was at 7?

You're right. Someone on the niner board had just posted that the Temple game was set for a 7:00 kick off this morning, so when you said pulled the 7pm start time I thought you just meant that we got that time slot since sometimes people say they pulled something when they get something.
05-12-2015 09:00 AM
itsbraille49 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Charlotte

It was moved to a Friday night game just for TV though, no point in playing on HS Football Night if it isn't a TV game.
Advertisement

chidave Offline
Special Teams

If he had worded it, CBSSN has pulled the start time, then I think you would be correct. Since he said Charlotte pulled it, I think it means that is what we got assigned. I doubt Charlotte has the power to change it even if we wanted to, that's the TV network's decision.

I would think anyway, that is a confusing word choice.
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2015 09:03 AM by chidave.)
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-12-2015 09:00 AM)chidave Wrote:  If he had worded it, CBSSN has pulled the start time, then I think you would be correct. Since he said Charlotte pulled it, I think it means that is what we got assigned. I doubt Charlotte has the power to change it even if we wanted to, that's the TV network's decision.

Being a Friday game means it must be at night, I would think. TV may need to start earlier or later in the evening though.
05-12-2015 09:05 AM
chidave Offline
Special Teams

Aaah, so maybe we pulled the kick-off at the request of the networks. Well shoot 7:00 would have been perfect, hopefully it's bounced to 8:00 instead of to earlier in the evening.
05-12-2015 09:07 AM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-12-2015 09:07 AM)chidave Wrote:  Aaah, so maybe we pulled the kick-off at the request of the networks. Well shoot 7:00 would have been perfect, hopefully it's bounced to 8:00 instead of to earlier in the evening.

Have a hard time believing it would be before 7.
05-12-2015 09:08 AM
MUsince96 Offline
All American

(05-12-2015 09:00 AM)chidave Wrote:  If he had worded it, CBSSN has pulled the start time, then I think you would be correct. Since he said Charlotte pulled it, I think it means that is what we got assigned. I doubt Charlotte has the power to change it even if we wanted to, that's the TV network's decision.

That makes sense. It was a confusing way to word it. So 7pm looks to still be on. That's good news.
05-12-2015 09:35 AM
Advertisement

MUsince96 Offline
All American

I sincerely hope NBC Sports Network throws in a bid for some C-USA games. They have so much room for football over classic car shows and whatever else they put on. An NBC OTA game leading into a Notre Dame game. A two game block on NBCSN. They have the new app like watchESPN where you can watch from tablet's, Roku's, etc. There are a lot of possibilities with them.

Couple those possibilites with a joint venture with FOX and/or ESPN and you could conceivably get 4-5 games on national TV with the rest on ASN weekly.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic but why couldn't you have..
Noon- FS1/ESPN C-USA game
1pm- NBC OTA C-USA game
4:30pm- NBC-SN C-USA game
7:00pm- NBC-SN C-USA game

with some ASN and Fox College Sports games sprinkled in there.
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2015 07:14 AM by MUsince96.)
05-13-2015 07:13 AM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
(05-13-2015 07:13 AM)MUsince96 Wrote:  I sincerely hope NBC Sports Network throws in a bid for some C-USA games. They have so much room for football over classic car shows and whatever else they put on. An NBC OTA game leading into a Notre Dame game. A two game block on NBCSN. They have the new app like watchESPN where you can watch from tablet's, Roku's, etc. There are a lot of possibilities with them.

Couple those possibilites with a joint venture with FOX and/or ESPN and you could conceivably get 4-5 games on national TV with the rest on ASN weekly.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic but why couldn't you have..
Noon- FS1/ESPN C-USA game
1pm- NBC OTA C-USA game
4:30pm- NBC-SN C-USA game
7:00pm- NBC-SN C-USA game

with some ASN and Fox College Sports games sprinkled in there.

The beauty of NBC isn't just NBC Sports, they also have Universal Sports which is in about the same number of homes as CBSS and they have the various regional sports nets.
05-13-2015 09:00 AM
paintedblue2 Offline
All American

I Root For: ODU
(05-12-2015 09:00 AM)Niner National Wrote:  

You're right. Someone on the niner board had just posted that the Temple game was set for a 7:00 kick off this morning, so when you said pulled the 7pm start time I thought you just meant that we got that time slot since sometimes people say they pulled something when they get something.

Is it over yet? What was the score? lol
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2015 09:20 AM by paintedblue2.)
05-13-2015 09:18 AM
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
The problem with the NBC Sports Network, as we have discussed before, is that they initially set out to be a competitor to ESPN, but have since failed to follow through with that intent and now appears to no longer want to invest those type of resources. It's unlikely that NBC is going to be compeitive financially and we already have a relationship set up with a national network (be it OTA) that's not likely to provide monetary support to the contract in ASN.

Realistically, I'm fairly convinced from what I've heard that we will be resigning with Fox. ESPN is full on content. CBS has already disengaged with the league and the NBC issue as mentioned above is where it is. It's not to say we couldn't have some games on NBC, but it's not likely to provide a financial benefit; therefore, we will be retaining Fox who is the only one left that can provide both the financial incentives, the windows of opportunity for national broadcasts and a regional network portfolio. Technically, we could have earned more per team than we are getting now if the compeition had manifested itself as expected, but with the other networks either filling up or unwilling to add additional CFB content unfortunately there is very little competition for Fox to bid against. Since they know that, we can very much expect not to have any increase financially or in the number of televised games and we will have a similar deal to what we have now.
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2015 09:24 AM by ThreeifbyLightning.)
05-13-2015 09:24 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.