2015-16 SN Bowl Projections

05-11-2015 10:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dossbig Offline
1st String

I Root For: CINCINNATI
RE: The waaaaaaay too early 2015-2016 Bowl Projections
(05-11-2015 10:51 AM)RedRocker Wrote:  I guess we're the conference champs, but not the access champs:

2015-16 SN Bowl Projections

So winning the conference gets us a game in a baseball stadium vs. UTEP (CUSA)? Makes me want to puke!

Boca is NI (MAC) v SMU
Hawaii is BYU (IND) v UH
St. Pete is NC (ACC) v UCF
Military is Miami (ACC) v Navy
Birm is TAM (SEC) v Memphis
Cure is ARK State (CUSA) v ECU
Austin is TXS (CUSA) v Temple
So 3 P5 opponents, one INDY, 3 CUSA, and a MAC.

That means 4 Western Division members and 4 Eastern?

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2015 02:35 PM by dossbig.)
05-11-2015 11:34 AM
mac6115cd Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bearcats
So, in order to play a P5 school, we have to lose the conference title? Yea, these bowl tie-ins really stink. 01-scout

05-11-2015 11:45 AM
True Bearcat Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincinnati
The waaaaaaay too early 2015-2016 Bowl Projections
They have ECU going to the Austin Bowl.

05-11-2015 12:01 PM
Advertisement

RedRocker Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC, UK's foe
(05-11-2015 12:01 PM)True Bearcat Wrote:  They have ECU going to the Austin Bowl.

ECU to the Cure Bowl and Temple to the Austin Bowl

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2015 02:21 PM by RedRocker.)
05-11-2015 02:19 PM
dossbig Offline
1st String

I Root For: CINCINNATI
(05-11-2015 11:45 AM)mac6115cd Wrote:  So, in order to play a P5 school, we have to lose the conference title? Yea, these bowl tie-ins really stink. 01-scout

So we win by losing. This conference is so lame!

05-11-2015 02:36 PM
Billy_Bearcat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Donators
I don't get too hung up on these bowl games or the opponent. We've shown an inability to beat any decent teams come bowl time anyway. Unless you're in the playoffs or to a lesser extent New Year's Day, these bowls don't mean Jack.

05-11-2015 03:11 PM
Advertisement

richardk Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UC
(05-11-2015 03:11 PM)Billy_Bearcat Wrote:  I don't get too hung up on these bowl games or the opponent. We've shown an inability to beat any decent teams come bowl time anyway. Unless you're in the playoffs or to a lesser extent New Year's Day, these bowls don't mean Jack.

And TT certainly seems to be of the mind that a bowl game is simply a reward to the players and doesn't seem to care very much about winning them (of course if he were in one that "counted" it might be different).

05-11-2015 04:29 PM
Bearcatbdub Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The 'Cats! duh!
We lost 2 bowl games in a row. And the one last year was mostly due to not having any serviceable backup qb. It's a little hard to draw conclusions based on such a sample size...

05-12-2015 06:44 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
The play on the field was one thing. The injuries another, obviously.

But if you were in Charlotte or Annapolis early for warm ups, the die was already cast on both of those shoddy outcomes.

05-12-2015 06:56 AM
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
And for what it's worth, yes, these are just glorified exhibition games. But if I spend a couple thousand dollars hauling my family around the country to support the team I expect them to minimally take it as seriously as they would regular season games.

05-12-2015 07:12 AM
Bearcatbdub Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The 'Cats! duh!
Sure maybe the approach could be adjusted but i am not positive it would have changed things with either of those games. Against UNC most of the oline was on the DL and UNC's defensive line killed us all game. We already talked about VaTech.

I dont think our guys are trotting out there and mailing it in.. I know I always played any sport better when I was loose.

I don't really like saying give it some time but... Give it some time.

05-12-2015 08:29 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
I hear you. If it was only one time, I'd let it slide. But we saw the exact same thing both years when we got into the seats an hour before kickoff. Coaches hanging around on sideline socializing as a group. Players half-assing warm ups with GAs and screwing around. Lots of players just skipping warmups and hanging out on the bench in pads dancing around..seriously....or drifting to the locker room on their own. Lack of focus.

While UNC and Va Tech warmed up in rigid formation , coaches walking the ranks acting like Kerry Combs, players breathing fire. I took photos and texted Eastside the comparison was an obvious uh oh.

Mixed with all the comments from the coach in the media this past December about how this was just for fun yadda yadda yadda I had a problem with what we laid out to go both years. Winning is fun. Getting curb stompped, not so much.

05-12-2015 08:52 AM
Advertisement

bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
(05-12-2015 08:52 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  I hear you. If it was only one time, I'd let it slide. But we saw the exact same thing both years when we got into the seats an hour before kickoff. Coaches hanging around on sideline socializing as a group. Players half-assing warm ups with GAs and screwing around. Lots of players just skipping warmups and hanging out on the bench in pads dancing around..seriously....or drifting to the locker room on their own. Lack of focus.

While UNC and Va Tech warmed up in rigid formation , coaches walking the ranks acting like Kerry Combs, players breathing fire. I took photos and texted Eastside the comparison was an obvious uh oh.

Mixed with all the comments from the coach in the media this past December about how this was just for fun yadda yadda yadda I had a problem with what we laid out to go both years. Winning is fun. Getting curb stompped, not so much.

I thought the most frustrating thing about the VT game was how dominating UC seemed from the beginning and never came away with much out of it. Had a great chance to stomp on VT early and blew it. Then as the injuries mounted things fell apart.

It did seem at least after Kiel went down that the coaches were not coaching to win the game. They seemed pretty content to run out the clock, like a win wasn't important to them. I wasn't at the game so I cannot speak to the attitude of the players only what I saw on the field. I thought the team looked ready early but would just miss on their opportunities.

05-12-2015 08:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
Well, they were definitely loose. I will give them that. It was pure hillarity when one of our offensive linemen was taking snaps from center on the sideline right in front of us Acting like they were practicing drops to go in at QB and mugging for the camera for their families around us when we were on D the series after Kiel went down rather than meeting with the position group. I was a bit less jovial.

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2015 09:22 AM by rath v2.0.)
05-12-2015 09:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.