Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Confusion as to whether new Orlando, Austin bowls will include Sun Belt team
Bookmark and Share
epiccajun Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UL
Haha a confused SBC spokesperson, who woulda thunk?

Last April, when official announcement of the Cure Bowl in Orlando was made, that game was initially billed as American Athletic Association vs. Sun Belt.

A Sun Belt spokesman on early Wednesday afternoon was not able to immediately clear up the confusion, texting “Nothing new from us to report on bowls.”

TOGETHER WE RISE?

http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/sport...70893972//
05-06-2015 02:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(05-06-2015 02:31 PM)epiccajun Wrote:  Haha a confused SBC spokesperson, who woulda thunk?

Last April, when official announcement of the Cure Bowl in Orlando was made, that game was initially billed as American Athletic Association vs. Sun Belt.

A Sun Belt spokesman on early Wednesday afternoon was not able to immediately clear up the confusion, texting “Nothing new from us to report on bowls.”

TOGETHER WE RISE?

Neither game is certified yer. Officially we have only 3 bowls until the NCAA signs off on the other two. Which is supposed to happen in the next couple days
05-06-2015 03:15 PM
Bleeds_Purple Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina!
RE: Confusion as to whether new Orlando, Austin bowls will include Sun Belt team
The Cure Bowl is a done deal no worries
05-06-2015 05:24 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
RE: Confusion as to whether new Orlando, Austin bowls will include Sun Belt team
Wouldn't it be a hoot if they announced that the Austin Bowl would actually be between the AAC and C-USA. Those Texas State folks would laauuggh.
05-06-2015 06:01 PM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
(05-06-2015 02:31 PM)epiccajun Wrote:  Haha a confused SBC spokesperson, who woulda thunk?

TOGETHER WE RISE?

Where are the lifeboats?
05-06-2015 06:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

I Root For: TXST, A&M, UNT
(05-06-2015 06:01 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  Wouldn't it be a hoot if they announced that the Austin Bowl would actually be between the AAC and C-USA. Those Texas State folks would laauuggh.

03-lmfao Wouldn't surprise us at all . . . Such is Life in the Belt . . . 03-lmfao
05-06-2015 06:34 PM
Advertisement

GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ga Southern
It should be announced within the next week.
05-06-2015 07:32 PM
chrisattsu Online
Mom's Favorite

I Root For: Tarleton / TXST
(05-06-2015 06:34 PM)Bobcat87 Wrote:  
(05-06-2015 06:01 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  Wouldn't it be a hoot if they announced that the Austin Bowl would actually be between the AAC and C-USA. Those Texas State folks would laauuggh.

03-lmfao Wouldn't surprise us at all . . . Such is Life as a Bobcat fan . . . 03-lmfao

FTFY
05-06-2015 07:35 PM
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

I Root For: TXST, A&M, UNT
(05-06-2015 07:35 PM)chrisattsu Wrote:  

03-lmfao Wouldn't surprise us at all . . . Such is Life as a Bobcat fan . . . 03-lmfao

FTFY

Yeah, That TOO! 03-lmfao
05-06-2015 08:06 PM
TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bobcats!

03-lmfao Wouldn't surprise us at all . . . Such is Life in the Belt . . . 03-lmfao

I was thinking it would be "The Bobcat way". But your statement is pretty spot on.
05-06-2015 08:50 PM
davi78239 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UTSA
Heard on sa sports talk today that it'll be AAC vs. Sunbelt.
05-06-2015 10:57 PM
Advertisement

ButlerGSU Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GA Southern
If it isn't the Sun Belt, someone needs to tell the bowl that: http://curebowl.com/teams/
05-07-2015 05:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
eaglewraith Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GA Southern
Hey guys, Texas A&M is definitely NOT going to the SEC.

If they're not certified, I imagine the conference can't officially comment on them. I wouldn't think this is an indictment of incompetence in the conference office, as much as some may want it to be.
05-07-2015 06:37 AM
trueeagle98 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GS Eagles
Let's all be happy this is even a possibility. Would any of you old sbc teeams thought we would have 5 bowl games and 2 against aac
05-07-2015 06:41 AM
Louisiana99 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
It's funny because the conference office had no problem discussing the cure bowl and possible bowl in little rock before they were official. Why does this have to be some secret? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. It isn't a recruiting violation, what's weong with saying," nothing official but we are in talks with austin for possible bowl partnership" instead of "nothing new to report" or " can't confirm that" which sounds like "we don't know what the hell is going on"
05-07-2015 07:05 AM
epiccajun Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UL
(05-07-2015 07:05 AM)Louisiana99 Wrote:  It's funny because the conference office had no problem discussing the cure bowl and possible bowl in little rock before they were official. Why does this have to be some secret? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. It isn't a recruiting violation, what's weong with saying," nothing official but we are in talks with austin for possible bowl partnership" instead of "nothing new to report" or " can't confirm that" which sounds like "we don't know what the hell is going on"

Come on, quit criticizing our diligent, proactive leadership of the Sun Belt.

Would actually be funny, or "par for the course" for Karl to mess this one up, especially as great a location for a bowl for the Western teams.

Austin would would automatically rival Orlando as the second best bowl for the SBC.
05-07-2015 08:49 AM
Advertisement

AtlantaJag Offline
Beltbbs USA INsider

I Root For: USA Jaguars
(05-07-2015 06:37 AM)eaglewraith Wrote:  Hey guys, Texas A&M is definitely NOT going to the SEC.

If they're not certified, I imagine the conference can't officially comment on them. I wouldn't think this is an indictment of incompetence in the conference office, as much as some may want it to be.

You are correct. This is an instance of the conference administration on the cusp of a very good accomplishment. Critics should wait for something negative to jump on, not jump an a positive.
05-07-2015 09:11 AM
Buzz Lightyear Lite Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: TROY
(05-07-2015 08:49 AM)epiccajun Wrote:  
(05-07-2015 07:05 AM)Louisiana99 Wrote:  It's funny because the conference office had no problem discussing the cure bowl and possible bowl in little rock before they were official. Why does this have to be some secret? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. It isn't a recruiting violation, what's weong with saying," nothing official but we are in talks with austin for possible bowl partnership" instead of "nothing new to report" or " can't confirm that" which sounds like "we don't know what the hell is going on"

Come on, quit criticizing our diligent, proactive leadership of the Sun Belt.

Would actually be funny, or "par for the course" for Karl to mess this one up, especially as great a location for a bowl for the Western teams.

Austin would would automatically rival Orlando as the second best bowl for the SBC.

I would love to go to Austin for a bowl....I know the SunBelt does not have the fan bases that would travel a long way real well.....but who knows.....Austin will be a great place for a bowl and I agree that with New Orleans, Orlando, and Austin they are great places.....and Mobile does such a good job with the bowl and its not a bad place...Montgomery...maybe last place as far as bowls but over all 4 great places and with one so so........Folks who get to the Austin Bowl will or should not be disappointed.

I would hate to have a West Coast or Island Bowl or cold weather bowl cause those are tough to get there and the heck with cold weather bowls like PinStripe etc.
05-07-2015 10:28 AM
TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bobcats!
(05-07-2015 06:41 AM)trueeagle98 Wrote:  Let's all be happy this is even a possibility. Would any of you old sbc teeams thought we would have 5 bowl games and 2 against aac

Why would I be happy if it was a possibility but didn't come to fruition?

That's like saying "well, I went out with her so I have a shot at getting tail... I'm happy about that!"

NO! YOU CLOSE THE DEAL THEN YOU GET HAPPY!
05-07-2015 10:29 AM
Louisiana99 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
(05-07-2015 06:41 AM)trueeagle98 Wrote:  Let's all be happy this is even a possibility. Would any of you old sbc teeams thought we would have 5 bowl games and 2 against aac

No, I would have asked WTF is the AAC?
05-07-2015 10:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.