Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Big East during the BCS era
Jackson1011 Online

I Root For:
The Big East during the BCS era
http://leftyloon.blogspot.com/

-- not a lot of info from the newer schools in the league but an interesting take on the orginal members

Jackson
04-24-2007 06:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed

cuseroc needs to set this guy straight on the timing of the "BCS era".
04-25-2007 09:37 AM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators

3601 Wrote:cuseroc needs to set this guy straight on the timing of the "BCS era".

Boy, you must be infactuated with me. You are making yourself look silly and petty. Almost as silly as saying that Memphis has a better shot of getting to a bcs bowl than USF. The same 2-10 memphis team that came in last place playing in a horrible watered down cusa. 01-wingedeagle lmfao
04-25-2007 10:29 AM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

cuseroc Wrote:
3601 Wrote:cuseroc needs to set this guy straight on the timing of the "BCS era".

Boy, you must be infactuated with me. You are making yourself look silly and petty. Almost as silly as saying that Memphis has a better shot of getting to a bcs bowl than USF. The same 2-10 memphis team that came in last place playing in a horrible watered down cusa. 01-wingedeagle lmfao

I think you're the one who made a fool of themselves by throwing a hissy fit and arguing that bowls before 1998 should be considered BCS bowls. I can post a link to the thread if you want.

Call it petty if you want, but I like to remind folks like you of the times when they made asses of themselves. You just happen to do it more often than others.

Regarding the USF post, I retracted that comment two posts after the fact and you know it. I can post that link too if you want it.

That's the difference between me and you. I make one questionable post in years of posting and retract it soon thereafter. You say ridiculous stuff all the time and never retract it even after being proven wrong time and time again.
04-25-2007 10:44 AM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators

3601 Wrote:
cuseroc Wrote:

I think you're the one who made a fool of themselves by throwing a hissy fit and arguing that bowls before 1998 should be considered BCS bowls. I can post a link to the thread if you want.

Call it petty if you want, but I like to remind folks like you of the times when they made asses of themselves. You just happen to do it more often than others.

Regarding the USF post, I retracted that comment two posts after the fact and you know it. I can post that link too if you want it.

That's the difference between me and you. I make one questionable post in years of posting and retract it soon thereafter. You say ridiculous stuff all the time and never retract it even after being proven wrong time and time again.

But you said, it was dumb and thats all to it. BTW, I still stand by my statement that the BCA and BCS were the same, since it was created by the same folks. It was just tweaked over time and the name change came as a way to better reflect what they were trying to do.

But then again who cares? The BE is a soliid bcs conference. Whether I feel the bcs and bca are one and the same, who cares? Memphis fb still sucks and it would have been in dead last in the BE last season. Its going back to below mediocrity for another 40 years. And it will probably never make it to a bcs bowl, certainly not before USF. 01-wingedeagle

And the other problem that you had with me was that I did not feel that memphis would be a #1 seed, which they were. But I also retracted my statement a couple of weeks after they continued to move up the polls. Cusa still sucks, memphis is still apart of cusa, where they will more than likely stay.

Now, what other pwoblem do you have wit mw wittle boy? 03-hissyfit
04-25-2007 10:54 AM
Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS

Quote:[quote="cuseroc"] Memphis fb still sucks

That wasn't nice. USF has no tradition and a lousy basketball program.

Quote:and it would have been in dead last in the BE last season

Maybe, but we'll never know for sure.

Quote:Its going back to below mediocrity for another 40 years. And it will probably never make it to a bcs bowl, certainly not before USF.

We shall see about that.
04-25-2007 11:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

cuseroc Wrote:Now, what other pwoblem do you have wit mw wittle boy? 03-hissyfit

I think you're a dolt. That pretty much sums it up.
04-25-2007 12:14 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators

3601 Wrote:
cuseroc Wrote:Now, what other pwoblem do you have wit mw wittle boy? 03-hissyfit

waaah, waah,
04-25-2007 12:16 PM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

cuseroc Wrote:I still stand by my statement that the BCA and BCS were the same, since it was created by the same folks.

You should check out the definitions and history on the official BCS website. They disagree with you, but what would they know on the subject?

This might help too...

14 results for: same

View results from: Dictionary | Thesaurus | Encyclopedia | All Reference | the Web

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source
same /seɪm/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[seym] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
04-25-2007 12:22 PM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

cuseroc Wrote:
3601 Wrote:

waaah, waah,

[Image: dunce.jpg]
04-25-2007 12:26 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators

3601 Wrote:
cuseroc Wrote:
3601 Wrote:

waaah, waah,

lmfao lmfao lmfao

Waaaah
04-25-2007 12:31 PM
Advertisement

3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

cuseroc Wrote:
3601 Wrote:
cuseroc Wrote:
3601 Wrote:

waaah, waah,

lmfao lmfao lmfao

Waaaah

Check out page 1 of the BCS website. The direct quote is below. I like how you want to change the focus from the fact that you are wrong and can't admit it into name calling and insulting my football team.

Changing the subject at hand is what most folks who aren't intelligent enough to debate do when they get cornered.

http://www.bcsfootball.org/bcsfootball/

WELCOME TO THE BCS
The Bowl Championship Series has entered its third four-year cycle on a high note.
The BCS was implemented beginning with the 1998 season to determine the national champion for college football while maintaining and enhancing the bowl system that's nearly 100 years old. The BCS has become a showcase for the sport.
This website is an information resource for college football fans, media and others interested in how the system works. Please check this site regularly for news about the BCS and its members.
04-25-2007 12:50 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators

3601 Wrote:
cuseroc Wrote:
3601 Wrote:
cuseroc Wrote:
3601 Wrote:

waaah, waah,

lmfao lmfao lmfao

Waaaah

Check out page 1 of the BCS website. The direct quote is below. I like how you want to change the focus from the fact that you are wrong and can't admit it into name calling and insulting my football team.

Changing the subject at hand is what most folks who aren't intelligent enough to debate do when they get cornered.

http://www.bcsfootball.org/bcsfootball/

WELCOME TO THE BCS
The Bowl Championship Series has entered its third four-year cycle on a high note.
The BCS was implemented beginning with the 1998 season to determine the national champion for college football while maintaining and enhancing the bowl system that's nearly 100 years old. The BCS has become a showcase for the sport.
This website is an information resource for college football fans, media and others interested in how the system works. Please check this site regularly for news about the BCS and its members.

I really dont care if the bcs is called bcs or bca, or whatever. Its not imporatant what I think. My views on the matter has not changed. Why do you spend so much time out of your day hijacking 2 threads worried about what I think or said months ago? I only like women just so you know..

The reason that i keep attacking your lousy fb team is because at the beginning of last season, when the preseason rankings came out, you and your fellow memphis cronies asked me "where is Cuse"? because Cuse was not in the top 50 and memphis was. Funny how actually playing the games on the field makes some braggarts look stupid.
04-25-2007 12:55 PM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL

At least keep the back and forth confined to one thread. That'd be great!
04-25-2007 01:38 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators

CollegeCard Wrote:At least keep the back and forth confined to one thread. That'd be great!

Talk to the idot 3601 about that. he's the one who hijacked the 2 threads. I had'nt even made a post in either thread until he called me out on a thread that was made months ago. 01-wingedeagle
04-25-2007 01:57 PM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

cuseroc Wrote:
CollegeCard Wrote:At least keep the back and forth confined to one thread. That'd be great!

Talk to the idot 3601 about that. he's the one who hijacked the 2 threads. I had'nt even made a post in either thread until he called me out on a thread that was made months ago. 01-wingedeagle

And I'll call you out again, but I'm willing to drop the subject on this thread and take it to the other thread if you really want to prove youself wrong again.
04-25-2007 04:58 PM
Advertisement

CyberBull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF

Gray Avenger Wrote:
Quote:[quote="cuseroc"] Memphis fb still sucks

That wasn't nice. USF has no tradition and a lousy basketball program.

USF has a winning tradition over our first ten years, as opposed to Memphis's tradition of losing over the last three decades.

USF can claim that it's better program than it was 10 years ago. Can Memphis do the same?

USF can claim that it's a better program than it was 5 years ago. Can Memphis do the same?

USF can claim that it's a better program than it was just 2 years ago. Can Memphis do the same?

The common thread must pretty clear for even a simpleton like you to figure out: USF football has improved every year, on and off the field. USF is not a finished product, but it's still a better program than Memphis has ever been despite your long and infamous 40 year "tradition"

As far as basketball, yeah USF has been mediocre in basketball in case but in case you haven't figured out BigEast expansion was driven by football. It already has enough great basketball program with coaches that don't have to cheat to win recruiting battles.
04-25-2007 05:05 PM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

CyberBull Wrote:It already has enough great basketball program with coaches that don't have to cheat to win recruiting battles.

Are you insinuating something? If so, can you give me any FACTS?
04-25-2007 05:08 PM
CyberBull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF

oh btw "Grey Avenger".....one of the funniest things I remember from 2003's expansion drama was the sight of you going around to each BigEast message board literally begging for the ever so important message board vote of approval. It's still funny 4 years later.

[Image: birth-begging-dog.gif]

That was some funny but very unproductive use of your time. Almost as funny as Memphis's AD RC Sloan assuring his fanbase that the reason that Memphis would not get the BigEast invite was b/c of geography and why if the BigEast was looking to add outside "it's geographical footprint" Memphis would be a shoe in over South Florida. IIRC, those were pretty much his exact words.

It must have been very distressing for good ol' RC to have explain why USF got the invite over " tradtion" rich Memphis. Hey Grey Avenger....are you really RC Sloan? Lots of similarity between you and him. Hmmm.....

It's okay to come out of the closet, RC. Fans today are much more understanding about idiotic clueless ADs than they used to be. Hell....just look at Arkansas.
04-25-2007 05:17 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati

3601 Wrote:
cuseroc Wrote:

Jealousy can be so ugly. It's ok 3601 I'm sure someone will give you a hug! lmfao
04-25-2007 05:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.