Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Best roller coaster you've ever ridden
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Best roller coaster you've ever ridden
My personal favorite is at a park you don't typically associate with roller coasters, Sea World.

I give you, the Kraken.

For context, I've been to:

Six Flags Atlanta
Six Flags St. Louis
King's Dominion, Virginia
Silver Dollar City, Branson, MO
Universal Studios Orlando
DisneyWorld
Sea World
05-04-2015 08:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
RE: Best roller coaster you've ever ridden
Big Bad Wolf, Annoconda, Loc Ness have been faves of mine but I have always had a soft spot for Space Mountain... the whole in the dark thing really sold it for me.
05-04-2015 08:53 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

Where are Big Bad Wolf, Annoconda and Loch Ness?
05-04-2015 08:56 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

(05-04-2015 08:56 PM)Smaug Wrote:  Where are Big Bad Wolf, Annoconda and Loch Ness?

Annoconda @ Kings Dominion

Others at Bush Gardens.
05-04-2015 09:17 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

Love King's Dominion. No shows, no cartoon characters, just coasters. Lots of coasters.

IIRC the Volcano is there, also a very good one. I think I've ridden the Anaconda (now that you mention it) but I don't remember the Big Bad Wolf.
05-04-2015 09:57 PM
Advertisement

PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

(05-04-2015 09:57 PM)Smaug Wrote:  Love King's Dominion. No shows, no cartoon characters, just coasters. Lots of coasters.

IIRC the Volcano is there, also a very good one. I think I've ridden the Anaconda (now that you mention it) but I don't remember the Big Bad Wolf.

Dips through some houses the comes out over the water and then goes back into some houses... BBW is pretty cool...

Umm KD has Hanna Barberra stuff...like Scooby Doo and what not...
05-04-2015 10:41 PM
blah Offline
Just doing the splits

I Root For: Stretching

CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardDonatorsSkunkworksSurvivor Runner-up
I think my favorite is the Raptor at Cedar Point.
05-05-2015 08:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

(05-04-2015 10:41 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  Umm KD has Hanna Barberra stuff...like Scooby Doo and what not...

03-lol I barely noticed. I'd never seen that many coasters in one park.
05-05-2015 09:20 PM
Monarchist13 Offline

I Root For: ODU
(05-04-2015 10:41 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  
(05-04-2015 09:57 PM)Smaug Wrote:  Love King's Dominion. No shows, no cartoon characters, just coasters. Lots of coasters.

Dips through some houses the comes out over the water and then goes back into some houses... BBW is pretty cool...

KD was sold by Paramount years ago to Cedar Parks. Don't think they have the Nickelodeon zone or any of that any more.

As for Big Bad Wolf, the ride stalled while I was riding it back in high school. I was in the portion of the coaster that got stuck hanging over the water. It was awful.

But we got passes to skip lines the rest of the day and free passes for another day. So it was worth it. However, if that happened now, I don't think I would be as non-chalant about the whole thing.
05-06-2015 03:01 PM
Advertisement

Monarchist13 Offline

I Root For: ODU
I have a soft spot for Alpengeist at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. It will be always be one of my favorites.
05-06-2015 03:03 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
(05-05-2015 08:02 PM)blah Wrote:  I think my favorite is the Raptor at Cedar Point.
You get one hell of a view too.
05-06-2015 07:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AppfanInCAAland Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
(05-04-2015 10:41 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  

I know this is an old thread but Kings Dominion hasn't had Hanna Barbera (Scooby-Doo, Flintsones, etc) stuff in over two decades, that stuff went away when Paramount bought the park in the mid-Ninties, before the Volcano was even built - great coaster by the way. Taft Broadcasting (the original owner/builder of Kings Island, Kings Dominion, and Carowinds) owned the Hanna Barbera cartoons. Paramount had a Nickelodeon tie-in, and since CedarFair bought them 5-8 yrs ago it has been Snoopy/Peanuts. The Anaconda is a ricketty mess. Dominator is my favorite at KD, followed by Volcano.

Also, Big Bad Wolf was great but has been closed at least five years because it broke down all the time and since no one built that kind of coaster anymore, parts were hard to come by. Verbolten was built in its place and is good fun but not as much as BBW.

I know it's nowhere near the biggest, fastest, or scariest, but I've always loved Big Thunder Mountain at Disney.
07-08-2015 12:36 PM
mufanatehc Offline
Hmm...

I Root For: BSU, EHC, & MU
Probably Intimidator 305 at Kings Dominion

They had issues with it when it fist opened where it would cause people to black out, as well as melt the wheels, so they modified it a few years ago

Pre-mod:

Post-mod:

07-08-2015 05:24 PM
Advertisement

UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
As a kid growing up in Ohio annual summer visits to Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio on the shores of Lake Erie was a way of life. I always enjoyed the Gemini that may not be the tallest or fastest but the fact that it was a dual track wooden coaster gave it a unique racing feel. Wooden coasters also have that rugged, beat the hell out of you ride that I found exciting. Plus, there's nothing like the "click-clack" of the heavy chain pulling the cars up the first hill.

07-09-2015 09:20 PM
BEARCATDALE Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
Growing up in King's Island backyard we went there often as kids. My two favorite rides were the Beast and the Bat.

For a long time it was the worlds tallest, fastest, and longest wooden coaster.

Urban legend was that someone died on the bat which caused it to be shut down. Later got revamped as Top Gun and is now called the Bat again.
07-09-2015 09:58 PM
AppfanInCAAland Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
(07-09-2015 09:20 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  As a kid growing up in Ohio annual summer visits to Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio on the shores of Lake Erie was a way of life. I always enjoyed the Gemini that may not be the tallest or fastest but the fact that it was a dual track wooden coaster gave it a unique racing feel. Wooden coasters also have that rugged, beat the hell out of you ride that I found exciting. Plus, there's nothing like the "click-clack" of the heavy chain pulling the cars up the first hill.

Isn't the Gemini a tubular steel track surrounded by a wooden frame and supports? Very unique design for a coaster. The Beast at Kings Island is my favorite in Ohio.
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2015 08:52 AM by AppfanInCAAland.)
07-10-2015 08:50 AM
zyxwvutsru Offline
Cubicle Warrior

I Root For: UTEP
The Rattler, @Fiesta Texas, way back in the early 90's, before they slowed it down
07-10-2015 10:46 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.