Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

schools that need to drop football...
Bookmark and Share
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
schools that need to drop football...
as per Rant something or other. Just the fact that they would pick two programs that average 28k or 40k tells me that they don't know crap from Shinola. I mean, UTEP? C'mon, we led the conference in attendance and they think we should drop football? What a bunch of jerk heads. It tells me a lot about the people who drew up this list. Nerds, most probably, that don't know a football from a baseball. Sheessh.

http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-football/...l#slide_31
05-04-2015 06:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

AndreWhere Offline
Banned

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: schools that need to drop football...
That site's terrible. Needs *less* JQuery, and they should ditch the lame, 2009-worthy mobile layout.

So,I couldn't make it far enough to see if they mentioned USM, but I'd say we're a far better candidate to drop football than you are. UTEP has cool **** like... oh, I don't know, fans, an actual D1-sized stadium, some attention from the MWC, etc.
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2015 06:53 PM by AndreWhere.)
05-04-2015 06:53 PM
Cyniclone Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
(05-04-2015 06:48 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  as per Rant something or other. Just the fact that they would pick two programs that average 28k or 40k tells me that they don't know crap from Shinola. I mean, UTEP? C'mon, we led the conference in attendance and they think we should drop football? What a bunch of jerk heads. It tells me a lot about the people who drew up this list. Nerds, most probably, that don't know a football from a baseball. Sheessh.

http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-football/...l#slide_31

Rant Sports makes Bleacher Report look like the Utne Reader. Not even good troll fodder.

Just got through that wretched, aborted fetus of a listicle. They can't even format a simple slideshow properly (start with No. 1, then hit PREVIOUS to get to No. 2?) No. 2, also an apt descriptor for the "analysis" therein. Here's the two arguments: 1. OMG they suck so much! 2. OMG why does the state need so many teams! Did you know that UConn and UMass were Division II recently? Hey, I read it in Rant Sports: All The News That Fits, We Print.

Seriously, don't even bother. Not worth the clicks, not worth the discussion. You'd be better off going to the realignment board and reading Big 12 expansion theories.
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2015 07:00 PM by Cyniclone.)
05-04-2015 06:53 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
Cyniclone is right. The website stinks. But in case you're curious it listed UTEP, FIU, and FAU from cusa.
05-04-2015 07:07 PM
blazerwkr Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB

BlazerTalk Award
Probably run by a BCS or Bama retard
05-04-2015 07:20 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
(05-04-2015 07:07 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  Cyniclone is right. The website stinks. But in case you're curious it listed UTEP, FIU, and FAU from cusa.

Two out of three is actually pretty good.
05-04-2015 07:21 PM
Advertisement

panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
That was that? That was the worst thing ever.
05-04-2015 08:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FlyHawk98 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall
Didn't even read it after seeing they put you guys on there. Not giving him my click lol.

UTEP is a true sleeping giant imo. If you guys can get that train rolling, WOW.

I'm serious, if UTEP could string together 4-5 years of wins, their attendance would be over 40k. At that point, I could see the PAC 12 looking at UTEP if they decided to expand.
05-04-2015 08:47 PM
paintedblue2 Offline
All American

(05-04-2015 08:47 PM)FlyHawk98 Wrote:  Didn't even read it after seeing they put you guys on there. Not giving him my click lol.

I'm serious, if UTEP could string together 4-5 years of wins, their attendance would be over 40k. At that point, I could see the PAC 12 looking at UTEP if they decided to expand.

I agree that UTEP being mentioned takes any validity from the scribbling (didn't waste my time on it.) As far as the PAC12 including UTEP, or ANY P5 conference including ANY G5 team, I just don't ever see that happening at this point. Nothing against UTEP at all; those greedy SOB'S would rather put any of the G5 teams in a big weighted bag and throw it in the ocean than to share money.
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2015 09:07 PM by paintedblue2.)
05-04-2015 09:05 PM
correcamino Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTSA
(05-04-2015 08:47 PM)FlyHawk98 Wrote:  Didn't even read it after seeing they put you guys on there. Not giving him my click lol.

Nah I think location will prevent UTEP from every making a giant leap. Too hard to get the best recruits to go there. Yeah, I know Boise did it and they're in Idaho but they're an anomaly. With that said the Mineros have no business being on that article's list...they belong in FBS.
05-04-2015 09:09 PM
WWDog Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: La Tech
Cyniclone, I thought the same thing about the formating until I realized that it was linked to the last page of the list and you had to click previous and go backwards through the list. Anyway, all the comments are correct about the considerable lack of integrity of that site.
05-04-2015 09:11 PM
Advertisement

Saint Greg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
I think the author has a good point:

1. Louisiana-Monroe

Louisiana-Monroe football. What'll they think of next? Hopefully, a team that can do better than 290–378–8 since 1931, without a SINGLE bowl win. Not one. Would anyone even notice of the Warhawks were no more? Nope. Didn't think so.
05-04-2015 10:35 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
(05-04-2015 10:35 PM)Saint Greg Wrote:  I think the author has a good point:

1. Louisiana-Monroe

Louisiana-Monroe football. What'll they think of next? Hopefully, a team that can do better than 290–378–8 since 1931, without a SINGLE bowl win. Not one. Would anyone even notice of the Warhawks were no more? Nope. Didn't think so.

C'mon man, basically only reasonable drive game AState has and we love Todd Berry's coaching record.
vs. Steve Roberts 0-1
vs. Hugh Freeze 0-1
vs. Gus Malzahn 0-1
vs. Bryan Harsin 0-1
vs. Blake Anderson 0-1
05-04-2015 11:03 PM
paintedblue2 Offline
All American

(05-04-2015 11:03 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  

1. Louisiana-Monroe

C'mon man, basically only reasonable drive game AState has and we love Todd Berry's coaching record.
vs. Steve Roberts 0-1
vs. Hugh Freeze 0-1
vs. Gus Malzahn 0-1
vs. Bryan Harsin 0-1
vs. Blake Anderson 0-1

Five different head coaches in five years. Wow, that has got to be tough on the players. I would think that has to have an adverse effect on recruiting.
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2015 11:39 PM by paintedblue2.)
05-04-2015 11:35 PM
Volkmar Offline
All American

I Root For: U.T.S.A.
(05-04-2015 08:47 PM)FlyHawk98 Wrote:  UTEP is a true sleeping giant imo. If you guys can get that train rolling, WOW.

[Image: dbYjjYw.jpg]
05-05-2015 12:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dawgxas Offline
#FreeDeb025

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
03-lmfao
(05-05-2015 12:03 AM)Volkmar Wrote:  
(05-04-2015 08:47 PM)FlyHawk98 Wrote:  UTEP is a true sleeping giant imo. If you guys can get that train rolling, WOW.

[Image: dbYjjYw.jpg]

03-lmfao
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2015 12:45 AM by Dawgxas.)
05-05-2015 12:44 AM
Advertisement

MUsince96 Offline
All American

I Root For: Marshall
I'll give them Eastern Michigan, that's about it.
05-05-2015 06:31 AM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
(05-04-2015 11:35 PM)paintedblue2 Wrote:  
(05-04-2015 11:03 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  

1. Louisiana-Monroe

vs. Steve Roberts 0-1
vs. Hugh Freeze 0-1
vs. Gus Malzahn 0-1
vs. Bryan Harsin 0-1
vs. Blake Anderson 0-1

Five different head coaches in five years. Wow, that has got to be tough on the players. I would think that has to have an adverse effect on recruiting.

Saw the impact in line play last year. At one point two of three down linemen on defense were freshmen. Then one of the two freshmen got hurt and as our DC said, "At the end of the year we couldn't stop a hard charging marching band". Had no depth on the offensive line, center never got cleared from his last concussion and the back-up who was just hanging around to get part of his master's degree paid for ended up being the starter.
05-05-2015 08:52 AM
49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
That article accomplished it's only goal, which was to increase web traffic on that page. The rest of it was pure garbage.
05-05-2015 09:24 AM
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course

I don't think UTEP should hold it's breath waiting for an invite from the PAC 12. We would collectively pass out. But maybe C-USA can grow into an outstanding conference that we all will consider a damn fine home for our athletics.
05-05-2015 09:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.