Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

At least 60 teens go on violent rampage
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
At least 60 teens go on violent rampage
http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20...charleston

Quote: As many as 60 teens were roaming Charleston streets attacking pedestrians and drivers early Sunday, witnesses told police dispatchers in 911 calls released Tuesday.

All the teens were black, according to witnesses, and all but one of the people attacked were white. Still, it’s unclear if the attacks were racially motivated or sparked by the unrest in Baltimore, which followed the recent shooting death of Walter Scott, a black man, by a white North Charleston police officer.

Investigators haven’t yet determined a motive, according to Charleston Police Department spokesman Charles Francis.

Quote: The teens came out of a party at the YWCA on Coming Street about 12:30 a.m. and hit the streets. Groups not associated with the YWCA rent the facility.

The motto of the YWCA is “Empowering Women and Eliminating Racism.” The organization sponsors the annual local celebration of Martin Luther King Jr., who preached nonviolence.

Garcia Williams, the YWCA’s director, did not return several messages asking if she had learned anything about why the teens broke out in violence after the party or who organized the event. Dot Scott, the leader of the Charleston chapter of the NAACP, said she had not heard anything to explain why the teens went on a rampage but was shocked by it.

Quote:The number of teens on the prowl is bigger than initially estimated, and the 911 calls released Tuesday show some of the terror the mob caused.

A young woman called 911 to report the chaos outside her apartment at Vanderhorst and Coming streets.

“There’s like 50 black kids outside, and they’re getting into a fight,” she told the operator. “Oh, my God, there’s blood everywhere. ... Look at all that blood.”

Another young woman called to say she was standing at the intersection.

“They’re just in the street screaming and yelling,” she said. “I want to say 60 people.”

Terror could be heard in the voices of many of the callers, including a man who called from his car and said he was being blocked by about 50 teens.

“They just smacked my car,” he told the operator. “I’m flooring it in reverse. This is just ridiculous. ... I’m getting the hell out of here, man. They just smacked another car.”

He said a group began beating a man.

“They’ve got a dude down on the ground,” he said. “There’s like five of them punching the dude. ... There’s a guy taunting me. I couldn’t make the green light because he was standing in the intersection taunting me. It’s pretty terrifying, man.”

Quote: Officers said they were so overwhelmed by calls they couldn’t handle all of them.

They released several reports that detail attacks:

A pizza delivery man was attacked in his car about 1:15 a.m. on Sumter Street. A group blocked him from crossing Rutledge Avenue. He reported that a male attacker jumped on the hood of his car, and after he opened his door, others began punching him.

The latest happened to a man getting out of a cab on Rutledge Avenue about 2 a.m. He said a large group of males and females under 20 years old approached him and his girlfriend. He was punched several times.

A group beat two men in the face while the victims were walking along Vanderhorst Street about 1 a.m. One teen was arrested Monday in that attack, and more arrests are possible.

Jordan Q. Hall, 17, of Chapel Street, a ninth-grader at Burke High School, faces two counts of second-degree assault and battery by mob.

The felony charge is punishable by three to 25 years in prison. The elevated charges are related to the suspect being part of a mob causing “serious bodily injury,” according to the S.C. Code of Laws.

One man’s nose was broken, causing severe bleeding, according to an incident report.

Another victim was diagnosed with a facial fracture near his left eye and suffered swelling and bruising to his head after Hall repeatedly struck him with closed fists, according to the arrest affidavit. He identified Hall in a six-person photographic lineup.

Judge Linda Lombard said that Hall has a serious criminal history and set his bail at $100,000. He had no family present at the bond hearing.
04-30-2015 09:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
RE: At least 60 teens go on violent rampage
Nothing to see. Not racially motivated at all. Just kids that are struggling to express themselves.
04-30-2015 09:56 PM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
Hmmm. Incident happened over the weekend, story out on Tuesday. Less than ten tweets about it in that amount of time--one from a guy selling a book called "Don't make the black kids angry" another one had a book against interracial marriage called "White woman breed a lot". Even on that story nobody in the comments claims to have seen it or heard anything about it before this. And they all come from the same source.

I don't know about what kind of town you live in, but if there's 60 people in Raleigh waiting in line for snow cones, it would've made the news that day. You know damn well 60 kids on a rampage would've been noticed before then.
04-30-2015 10:30 PM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA
Sounds like a bunch of thugs to me.
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2015 11:13 PM by blunderbuss.)
04-30-2015 11:13 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(04-30-2015 10:30 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  Hmmm. Incident happened over the weekend, story out on Tuesday. Less than ten tweets about it in that amount of time--one from a guy selling a book called "Don't make the black kids angry" another one had a book against interracial marriage called "White woman breed a lot". Even on that story nobody in the comments claims to have seen it or heard anything about it before this. And they all come from the same source.

I don't know about what kind of town you live in, but if there's 60 people in Raleigh waiting in line for snow cones, it would've made the news that day. You know damn well 60 kids on a rampage would've been noticed before then.

Thanks for pointing that out. One would think this would be a pretty big story, so this may well be a ruse.

If true, though... A 17 YO freshman?!? Damn, he'll be of drinking age by graduation. haha
05-01-2015 12:37 AM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
Here is the story without all of the sensationalism.

http://www.abcnews4.com/story/28944647/c...ed-robbery
05-01-2015 05:37 AM
Advertisement

200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
(05-01-2015 05:37 AM)firmbizzle Wrote:  Here is the story without all of the sensationalism.

They were SO hyped up from a birthday party that the only logical thing for them to do was assualt a bunch of innocent people. Sounds like the police chief is going out of his way to excuse their actions so that he doesn't end up accused of being racist or inciting riots. Every one of them that can be positively identified should be charged with assault and if it were only white people assaulted, with hate crimes. These kids need to learn that actions have consequences or they will be the one's stealing cars and setting them on fire in the next round of riots.

Without the sensationalism? You mean without the first hand account of those assaulted by up to 60 teens?
05-01-2015 06:53 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
There are 120 parents in Charleston that have zero control of their kids. Honestly...probably the number is closer to 60 than 120.
05-01-2015 06:56 AM
TheEagleWay Offline
POWER OVERWHELMING

I Root For: TheNatCapital
(04-30-2015 09:56 PM)200yrs2late Wrote:  Nothing to see. Not racially motivated at all. Just kids that are struggling to express themselves.

05-01-2015 06:57 AM
TheEagleWay Offline
POWER OVERWHELMING

I Root For: TheNatCapital
Quoting witnesses and stating what happened is now sensationalism? lol
05-01-2015 06:58 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
This is going to happen in cities all over the usa this summer.
05-01-2015 07:12 AM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(05-01-2015 07:12 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  This is going to happen in cities all over the usa this summer.

Id advise them not to do it in my neighborhood.07-coffee3
05-01-2015 07:27 AM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-01-2015 06:53 AM)200yrs2late Wrote:  
(05-01-2015 05:37 AM)firmbizzle Wrote:  Here is the story without all of the sensationalism.

They were SO hyped up from a birthday party that the only logical thing for them to do was assualt a bunch of innocent people. Sounds like the police chief is going out of his way to excuse their actions so that he doesn't end up accused of being racist or inciting riots. Every one of them that can be positively identified should be charged with assault and if it were only white people assaulted, with hate crimes. These kids need to learn that actions have consequences or they will be the one's stealing cars and setting them on fire in the next round of riots.

Without the sensationalism? You mean without the first hand account of those assaulted by up to 60 teens?

He said that it was led by a few teens who committed the crimes but 60 sounds better.
05-01-2015 07:29 AM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-01-2015 07:27 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  
(05-01-2015 07:12 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  This is going to happen in cities all over the usa this summer.

You should probably get involved in some mentoring programs before it becomes your problem too.
05-01-2015 07:31 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(05-01-2015 07:31 AM)firmbizzle Wrote:  

You should probably get involved in some mentoring programs before it becomes your problem too.

Active member of Optimist International for 25 years. Sadly...now only a handful of members in my community now. The same is the case for almost all civic clubs. People don't seem now to care about getting involved anymore. My guess is they think government is supposed to solve all these problems for them.
05-01-2015 07:38 AM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA
Thugs gonna thug.
05-01-2015 07:39 AM
Advertisement

VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(04-30-2015 09:56 PM)200yrs2late Wrote:  Nothing to see. Not racially motivated at all. Just kids that are struggling to express themselves.

Not their fault. It's all society's fault they were attacking innocent people.
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2015 08:13 AM by VA49er.)
05-01-2015 08:13 AM
ummechengr Offline
C'mon....really!?!?!

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
I just cannot fathom the complete societal meltdown if the races were reversed. Can you imagine 60 white kids beating on people's cars, and assaulting mainly blacks?
05-01-2015 08:19 AM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

I Root For: Southern Miss
There is a lot of youth in this country that simply weren't raised right. They have no guidance, no control over themselves, no morality.
05-01-2015 08:35 AM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-01-2015 07:38 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  
(05-01-2015 07:31 AM)firmbizzle Wrote:  

Active member of Optimist International for 25 years. Sadly...now only a handful of members in my community now. The same is the case for almost all civic clubs. People don't seem now to care about getting involved anymore. My guess is they think government is supposed to solve all these problems for them.

I just joined Kiwanis a few weeks ago. Not sure why it took so long. I was reading to underprivileged 4 year olds at a head start program last week. At the end, they all got up and gave me a group hug. I almost cried. I told some friends and now they want to volunteer too. Maybe people just don't know about the opportunities to volunteer?
05-01-2015 08:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.