Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

SBNation (AAC Previews): The big 2015 ECU football guide
pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football...ule-roster

summary:

"ECU plays a pretty segregated schedule....That makes it easy to zero in on a 7-5 or 8-4 record......It wouldn't take many ifs for ECU to become a stellar squad.....If a new quarterback emerges, if at least one new big-play threat takes hold in the receiving corps, and if the young blood in the secondary is able to raise the pass defense from bad to competent, then ECU is an AAC contender.

The Pirates aren't the safest bet for the conference crown, but they belong in the conversation"
04-29-2015 11:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

oasispirate Offline
1st String

I Root For: East Carolina
RE: SBNation (AAC Previews): The big 2015 ECU football guide
(04-29-2015 11:25 AM)pesik Wrote:  http://www.sbnation.com/college-football...ule-roster

summary:

"ECU plays a pretty segregated schedule....That makes it easy to zero in on a 7-5 or 8-4 record......It wouldn't take many ifs for ECU to become a stellar squad.....If a new quarterback emerges, if at least one new big-play threat takes hold in the receiving corps, and if the young blood in the secondary is able to raise the pass defense from bad to competent, then ECU is an AAC contender.

The Pirates aren't the safest bet for the conference crown, but they belong in the conversation"

Pretty fair, only thing I would disagree with is Trevon Brown is a big play threat at WR and might be the most talented WR in the league. Will he stay healthy for an entire season is the ?.
04-29-2015 11:31 AM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

I Root For: The Bridge of Death
(04-29-2015 11:31 AM)oasispirate Wrote:  
(04-29-2015 11:25 AM)pesik Wrote:  http://www.sbnation.com/college-football...ule-roster

summary:

Pretty fair, only thing I would disagree with is Trevon Brown is a big play threat at WR and might be the most talented WR in the league. Will he stay healthy for an entire season is the ?.

Remember when ECU fans were saying Hardy was the most talented WR in the league....? 05-stirthepot04-cheers

But in all honesty I don't know him, and I don't know anyone yet that could qualify as the #1 WR in the league, either on the UCF squad or elsewhere (though I think that title may belong to Tulsa come to think of it.

So my prediction came true. I expect NAVY is next

1. Cinci
2. Memphis (YES I'M AWARE OF THE TITLE)
3. UCF
4. Navy

5. ECU
6. Temple
7. Houston
8. Tulane
9. Tulsa
10. UConn
11. USF
12. SMU
04-29-2015 02:15 PM
oasispirate Offline
1st String

(04-29-2015 02:15 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  

summary:

Remember when ECU fans were saying Hardy was the most talented WR in the league....? 05-stirthepot04-cheers

But in all honesty I don't know him, and I don't know anyone yet that could qualify as the #1 WR in the league, either on the UCF squad or elsewhere (though I think that title may belong to Tulsa come to think of it.

1. Cinci
3. UCF
4. Navy

5. ECU
6. Temple
7. Houston
8. Tulane
9. Tulsa
10. UConn
11. USF
12. SMU

Look at Trevon Brown's games against VT and UNC last year, he was dominant. In fact our collapse, coincided with his injury early against UCONN. He is a special talent.
04-29-2015 02:36 PM
Advertisement

Knightbengal Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF
I really think usf finishes higher
04-29-2015 03:42 PM
ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
(04-29-2015 03:42 PM)Knightbengal Wrote:  I really think usf finishes higher

Foolishness.
04-29-2015 03:43 PM
Knightbengal Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF
(04-29-2015 03:43 PM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  
(04-29-2015 03:42 PM)Knightbengal Wrote:  I really think usf finishes higher

Foolishness.

Not than ecu but not 11th. Sorry I wasn't specific
04-29-2015 05:58 PM
Advertisement

FastTheo Offline
1st String

Fair assessment. I'm not as concerned about our offensive talent as I am the new O.C. Meaning, what will his 'situational' play-calling be like near the goal line, short yardage, 4th and 1, etc. With smart playcalling and low turnovers I think our O will be just fine.

Going out on a limb, my homer pick is a three way tie for second with UC and UCF.
04-29-2015 07:04 PM
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
I think UC will be picked 2 and Memphis 1, not just because of the title, but because last week Connelly tweeted me that UC would be up on Friday.
04-29-2015 07:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ecumbh1999 Offline
Keeper of the Code

(04-29-2015 02:15 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  

summary:

1. Cinci
3. UCF
4. Navy

5. ECU
6. Temple
7. Houston
8. Tulane
9. Tulsa
10. UConn
11. USF
12. SMU

Ah, Justin Hardy was the most talented WR in the league.

[Image: B3EywvOCUAEzqPQ.jpg:large]
04-29-2015 08:27 PM
Advertisement

pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
prolific and talented are different things...
04-29-2015 08:44 PM
ecumbh1999 Offline
Keeper of the Code

(04-29-2015 08:44 PM)pesik Wrote:  prolific and talented are different things...

Can't be prolific without talent. He just doesn't have ideal size or speed. But, even without that he out preformed EVERYONE else. Talent is not just size, height and speed. It is smarts, reaction time, ability to read and adjust. Talent is not limited to what the NFL thinks is an ideal draft pick, or did you not learn that from Ricky Proehl's example?

Edit, forgot work ethic, he out worked everyone else.
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2015 08:51 PM by ecumbh1999.)
04-29-2015 08:49 PM
ecumbh1999 Offline
Keeper of the Code

Oh, we did say he was the most talented anyway, we said he was BEST WR in the AAC, he proved that.
04-29-2015 08:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.