Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Valdosta State University Cancels Classes, Hundreds Attend Rally Supporting Flag
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
Valdosta State University Cancels Classes, Hundreds Attend Rally Supporting Flag
After Protesters Trampled It

[Image: 2147foy.jpg]

Good show, folks!

Quote:Student demonstrators who walked on an American flag to protest racism sparked a countermovement, prompting a south Georgia university to cancel classes Friday ahead of a rally that drew hundreds to Valdosta.

Valdosta State University found itself in the center of a controversy after a video shared on social media showed an Air Force veteran and former Playboy model, Michelle Manhart, taking an American flag from demonstrators who had walked on it to protest racism.

At the protest, held a week ago, Manhart was detained by police when she refused to return the flag.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...plers.html
04-25-2015 08:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
RE: Valdosta State University Cancels Classes, Hundreds Attend Rally Supporting Flag
It's nice that the kids came out to support the flag.

The woman at the heart of all of this is still a piece of trash hypocrite.

[Image: 83leic8200xq280e.jpg]

"Don't disrespect the flag!"

"If it touches the ground it has to be burned."
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2015 09:06 PM by HeartOfDixie.)
04-25-2015 09:06 PM
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
RE: Valdosta State University Cancels Classes, Hundreds Attend Rally Supporting Flag
Who the hell would stomp on a flag? That's a sure sign of a young, naive, narcissist.

The U.S. is the devil? 03-lmfao
04-25-2015 09:29 PM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
An opportunity for the chest bumping, monster truck driving, mullet wearing crowd to get out of the house. Same thing is happening down the road in Gainesville after some frat guys spit on a Vet.
04-26-2015 08:44 AM
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-26-2015 08:44 AM)firmbizzle Wrote:  An opportunity for the chest bumping, monster truck driving, mullet wearing crowd to get out of the house. Same thing is happening down the road in Gainesville after some frat guys spit on a Vet.

Yea, those supporting the flag are just not the America hating, flag burning, government leeches you love so much.
04-26-2015 08:57 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
While I find demonstrations of civil disobedience using the American flag personally distasteful and downright stupid, I fully support those demonstrations as long as the principle of non aggression is not violated in that process. The mere idea that someone can stomp or burn a flag without criminal punishment is what separates us from totalitarianism. Some veteran once said...."While I abhor the desecration of any American flag, I will defend your right to do so with my life."
04-26-2015 09:12 AM
Advertisement

UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
I honestly just must not have that portion of humanity which could care about someone doing something to a piece of cloth they own, simply because the fabric is dyed in a certain pattern. It's just beyond me that anyone even gives someone attention who does this, on either side. The response from any reasonable person should be limited to 'how utterly uninteresting and cliche, this person is clearly not worth listening to'.

It's fabric people, no different than muslims getting angry about drawing muhammed, you're worried about colors on a piece of fabric.
04-26-2015 11:37 AM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(04-26-2015 11:37 AM)UCF08 Wrote:  I honestly just must not have that portion of humanity which could care about someone doing something to a piece of cloth they own, simply because the fabric is dyed in a certain pattern. It's just beyond me that anyone even gives someone attention who does this, on either side. The response from any reasonable person should be limited to 'how utterly uninteresting and cliche, this person is clearly not worth listening to'.

It's fabric people, no different than muslims getting angry about drawing muhammed, you're worried about colors on a piece of fabric.

Because you do not understand the sacrifices it represents. To you, its just a piece of cloth.
04-26-2015 11:44 AM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-26-2015 11:44 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  
(04-26-2015 11:37 AM)UCF08 Wrote:  I honestly just must not have that portion of humanity which could care about someone doing something to a piece of cloth they own, simply because the fabric is dyed in a certain pattern. It's just beyond me that anyone even gives someone attention who does this, on either side. The response from any reasonable person should be limited to 'how utterly uninteresting and cliche, this person is clearly not worth listening to'.

Because you do not understand the sacrifices it represents. To you, its just a piece of cloth.

No, I understand the sacrifices it represents, but I also understand those sacrifices were made in support of an ideal of free expression, and that changing that would be far worse than any action done to some flag.

Furthermore, if you truly felt that way you'd be far more upset over the mass commercialization of our flag than about some stupid college kids burning one. At least they're trying to make a political point, what are used car lots and pawn shops representing?
04-26-2015 11:50 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(04-26-2015 11:44 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  

It is because of that sacrifice that we must allow it....however distasteful.
04-26-2015 01:42 PM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
(04-26-2015 08:57 AM)EagleRockCafe Wrote:  
(04-26-2015 08:44 AM)firmbizzle Wrote:  An opportunity for the chest bumping, monster truck driving, mullet wearing crowd to get out of the house. Same thing is happening down the road in Gainesville after some frat guys spit on a Vet.

Yea, those supporting the flag are just not the America hating, flag burning, government leeches you love so much.

Hyperbole much?05-stirthepot
04-26-2015 02:21 PM
Advertisement

I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

New Orleans Bowl
(04-25-2015 09:06 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  It's nice that the kids came out to support the flag.

Huh. It's interesting the way your mind works. I was about to post the same photo with the comment "no wonder they wanted the flag back". You have a point, but that's certainly wasn't my first thought...
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2015 08:39 AM by I45owl.)
04-27-2015 08:39 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(04-26-2015 11:37 AM)UCF08 Wrote:  It's fabric people,

Explain that to all those that died fighting for that "fabric", and for you.
04-27-2015 08:58 AM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-27-2015 08:58 AM)VA49er Wrote:  

They didn't die for that fabric, they died for the ideals of the republic and constitution. You're placing importance onto a piece of fabric, and I find that concept weird. If you'd get upset over them destroyin a specific flag, say the flag from Gettysburg or something, you've got me 100% of the way. But to get mad because some guy burned one of literally millions of American flags that factory in china sells to us a year, I simply don't understand. Where is the outrage over that woman in that picture?
04-27-2015 11:28 AM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-27-2015 08:39 AM)I45owl Wrote:  
(04-25-2015 09:06 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  It's nice that the kids came out to support the flag.

Huh. It's interesting the way your mind works. I was about to post the same photo with the comment "no wonder they wanted the flag back". You have a point, but that's certainly wasn't my first thought...

I'm not sure I know what you mean.
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2015 11:57 AM by HeartOfDixie.)
04-27-2015 11:29 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(04-27-2015 11:28 AM)UCF08 Wrote:  

They didn't die for that fabric, they died for the ideals of the republic and constitution.

My first grader just had test on symbolism. At least he got it.
04-27-2015 11:56 AM
Advertisement

EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

Trying to explain that to someone like him is useless. Might as well go tell it to a stump in your backyard. A lib like him has no clue what those that have died for that flag means.
04-27-2015 11:59 AM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
The minds of liberals has reached new lows .
04-27-2015 11:59 AM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
(04-26-2015 08:57 AM)EagleRockCafe Wrote:  

I'm guessing that they ARE government leeches

But hey, two out of three ain't bad. 03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
04-27-2015 12:01 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I have to say, totally missing the symbolism of the flag is not only surprising but concerning.
04-27-2015 12:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.