Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UConn vs Syracuse Football Series Coming
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
UConn vs Syracuse Football Series Coming
Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN · 16m16 minutes ago
Syracuse, UConn finalizing home/home football series (2016 at UC, 2018 at SU), source told @ESPN

Some nice AAC home-and-home P5 games are getting booked. Good to see that happening.
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2015 01:35 PM by Attackcoog.)
04-24-2015 01:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

carolinaknights Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Rutgers / South
RE: UConn vs Syracuse Football Series Coming
(04-24-2015 01:34 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN · 16m16 minutes ago
Syracuse, UConn finalizing home/home football series (2016 at UC, 2018 at SU), source told @ESPN

Great regional P5 games for UConn. They should concentrate on rotating regional P5 opponents like Syracuse, BC, and Rutgers through their schedule. They should try scheduling other NE P5 teams like Pitt, Penn St and Maryland too. Quality wins for them and the AAC if they win the games, expanded TV coverage on the B-10 channel and ESPN ACC coverage, and potential spikes in attendance especially against old conference foes. Penn State though not a previous conference mate would sell out at home. 07-coffee3 02-13-banana 02-13-banana 02-13-banana 04-cheers
04-24-2015 01:43 PM
Hank Schrader Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn
LET'S GO! Next year's schedule is shaping up nicely in terms of potential wins and regional interest. Virgina and Syracuse at home and Umass at Gillette may all prove to be winnable games if last year was finally rock bottom. Plus Temple should be a home game that year as well.

I'm going to have to peak at syracusefan.com. Should be a few solid meltdowns about "having" to play UConn again.

Hopefully a basketball series is next.
04-24-2015 01:45 PM
Hank Schrader Offline
1st String

(04-24-2015 01:43 PM)carolinaknights Wrote:  
(04-24-2015 01:34 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN · 16m16 minutes ago

Great regional P5 games for UConn. They should concentrate on rotating regional P5 opponents like Syracuse, BC, and Rutgers through their schedule. They should try scheduling other NE P5 teams like Pitt, Penn St and Maryland too. Quality wins for them and the AAC if they win the games, expanded TV coverage on the B-10 channel and ESPN ACC coverage, and potential spikes in attendance especially against old conference foes. Penn State though not a previous conference mate would sell out at home. 07-coffee3 02-13-banana 02-13-banana 02-13-banana 04-cheers

There was a lot of talk about RU and UConn finalizing a home and home but haven't heard much since then. BC will never play UConn in football, and I thought Syracuse would never play them again either. This is really a nice surprise.

I agree with the scheduling strategy. We've had Maryland on the schedule recently and hope to see RU and Pitt in the near future as well. PSU might be a bit unrealistic at this point.
04-24-2015 01:49 PM
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: USF

Some nice AAC home-and-home P5 games are getting booked. Good to see that happening.

Syracuse is "P5". LOL. You do realize that USF, UC, and UConn played Syracuse for a decade and regularly pounded Syracuse into powder, don't you. While a nice pickup, this is not a coup by any stretch. Syracuse was really bad from 05-10 or so and was an auto W. They're much better now, and I'll give them credit for that. I just find it odd that a former peer is now considered this great OOC game/schedule. Guess it's just all part of the realignment game.
04-24-2015 01:57 PM
carolinaknights Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Rutgers / South
(04-24-2015 01:57 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  

Syracuse is "P5". LOL. You do realize that USF, UC, and UConn played Syracuse for a decade and regularly pounded Syracuse into powder, don't you. While a nice pickup, this is not a coup by any stretch. Syracuse was really bad from 05-10 or so and was an auto W. They're much better now, and I'll give them credit for that. I just find it odd that a former peer is now considered this great OOC game/schedule. Guess it's just all part of the realignment game.

Yes but it is who know and where you are located as far as realignment goes. After all Syracuse is New York's team and New York City's team. Location, location, location. Current great BB history and great "1950's FB history". BB and NYC is what ACC wanted in Syracuse and BB and NYC is what they got in Syracuse plus great academics and some great Olympic sports. Lacrosse anyone. I think they were a solid realignment grab. Heck I would have taken Syracuse over BC the first time the ACC raided the OBE. 07-coffee3
04-24-2015 02:10 PM
Advertisement

BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-24-2015 02:10 PM)carolinaknights Wrote:  

Yes but it is who know and where you are located as far as realignment goes. After all Syracuse is New York's team and New York City's team. Location, location, location. Current great BB history and great "1950's FB history". BB and NYC is what ACC wanted in Syracuse and BB and NYC is what they got in Syracuse plus great academics and some great Olympic sports. Lacrosse anyone. I think they were a solid realignment grab. Heck I would have taken Syracuse over BC the first time the ACC raided the OBE. 07-coffee3

I agree with you. Syracuse was a good ACC add. Solid program. Great BB program. It's just odd that a team you regularly beat and was a peer is now this great, awesome OOC series because they switched conferences.
04-24-2015 02:14 PM
Hank Schrader Offline
1st String

(04-24-2015 02:14 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  

I agree with you. Syracuse was a good ACC add. Solid program. Great BB program. It's just odd that a team you regularly beat and was a peer is now this great, awesome OOC series because they switched conferences.

It's not great beacuse they switched conferences. It's great because it is a regional rivalry that UConn probably never expected to play agin after Syracuse pushed for Louisville over them last expansion round. We've had Syracuse posters visit this board telling us Syracuse directly benefits from a UConn demise. The fan bases don't like each other much and the game will spark local interest on both sides. It's doesn't hurt that my team can possibly win those games either.

It's great because its Syracuse - UConn and not for any other conference realignment reasons.
04-24-2015 02:31 PM
UConnHusky Offline
All American

I Root For: UConn/Celts/Red Sox/Pats
The hatred between Syracuse and UConn would be even more heated if the rivalry eventually became an ACC vs. Big Ten thing. UConn fans can only hope for now...
05-hide
04-24-2015 02:44 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
(04-24-2015 01:45 PM)Hank Schrader Wrote:  LET'S GO! Next year's schedule is shaping up nicely in terms of potential wins and regional interest. Virgina and Syracuse at home and Umass at Gillette may all prove to be winnable games if last year was finally rock bottom. Plus Temple should be a home game that year as well.

I'm going to have to peak at syracusefan.com. Should be a few solid meltdowns about "having" to play UConn again.

Hopefully a basketball series is next.

You know us too well....04-cheers 03-lmfao
04-24-2015 02:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-24-2015 02:31 PM)Hank Schrader Wrote:  

It's not great beacuse they switched conferences. It's great because it is a regional rivalry that UConn probably never expected to play agin after Syracuse pushed for Louisville over them last expansion round. We've had Syracuse posters visit this board telling us Syracuse directly benefits from a UConn demise. The fan bases don't like each other much and the game will spark local interest on both sides. It's doesn't hurt that my team can possibly win those games either.

It's great because its Syracuse - UConn and not for any other conference realignment reasons.
Yeah, I get that part. I really do. It's just so comical to hear some on here and elsewhere label these program as superior just because they switched conferences. And now all of a sudden their program is soo superior to a former peer. Now we're to believe Pitt and Syracuse are now these mighty programs, because they switched to the ACC, and UConn, UC, USF, etc. are just lucky to now be on the same field as them. Never mind they actually played one another for a decade in competitive games. That's what irks me. There is not this hard dividing line when it comes to programs. They're all roughly the same. Some just got lucky enough to get invited and some did not. They want you to believe there is this massive gulf in programs like UConn and Syracuse, just because Syracuse stepped across some imaginary line and UConn did not.
04-24-2015 02:51 PM
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

BTW, are u thinking about heading back to Tampa for the game? I've got a tailgate being set up a couple blocks east of the stadium.

Send me a PM if you are interested in attending my Kansas St @ UTSA tailgate on Sept 12th.
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2015 06:08 PM by TexanMark.)
04-24-2015 02:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TexanMark Offline
Legend

(04-24-2015 02:51 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  
(04-24-2015 01:57 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  Syracuse is "P5". LOL. You do realize that USF, UC, and UConn played Syracuse for a decade and regularly pounded Syracuse into powder, don't you. While a nice pickup, this is not a coup by any stretch. Syracuse was really bad from 05-10 or so and was an auto W. They're much better now, and I'll give them credit for that. I just find it odd that a former peer is now considered this great OOC game/schedule. Guess it's just all part of the realignment game.

Yeah, I get that part. I really do. It's just so comical to hear some on here and elsewhere label these program as superior just because they switched conferences. And now all of a sudden their program is soo superior to a former peer. Now we're to believe Pitt and Syracuse are now these mighty programs, because they switched to the ACC, and UConn, UC, USF, etc. are just lucky to now be on the same field as them. Never mind they actually played one another for a decade in competitive games. That's what irks me. There is not this hard dividing line when it comes to programs. They're all roughly the same. Some just got lucky enough to get invited and some did not. They want you to believe there is this massive gulf in programs like UConn and Syracuse, just because Syracuse stepped across some imaginary line and UConn did not.

Geography, tradition (brand) and cable boxes my friend...
04-24-2015 02:55 PM
BE4neva Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Providence
(04-24-2015 02:55 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  
(04-24-2015 02:51 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  
(04-24-2015 02:10 PM)carolinaknights Wrote:  Yes but it is who know and where you are located as far as realignment goes. After all Syracuse is New York's team and New York City's team. Location, location, location. Current great BB history and great "1950's FB history". BB and NYC is what ACC wanted in Syracuse and BB and NYC is what they got in Syracuse plus great academics and some great Olympic sports. Lacrosse anyone. I think they were a solid realignment grab. Heck I would have taken Syracuse over BC the first time the ACC raided the OBE. 07-coffee3

Geography, tradition (brand) and cable boxes my friend...

THIS IS GOLD.

Geography? You are twice the distance from NYC as UConn. Many schools in other states are closer than you. Upstate NY is rundown belt towns. Syracuse is a old concrete city on a hill that has horrible demographics.

Tradition? You have a good football history. Tradition is when 70k people tailgate outside the stadium while being able to actually see it and watch the band play and walk to campus and town and all that stuff. A far cry from the small dome you have that rarely sells out and doesn't even have AC considering who it's named after. Cuse has a top 75 brand. Somewhere in the 50-75 of all college sports schools brand wise. I bet UConns bad football and good bball still get it a high ranking.

Cable boxes? More gold form you. The ACCNetwork may be the biggest unicorn on earth since the unicorn itself was created in some hippies mind. Rutgers brought cable boxes to the B1G. Maybe you don't actually understand what they are.
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2015 03:34 PM by BE4neva.)
04-24-2015 03:33 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

You wrote all that to tell me the point sailed right over your head--well done
Providence fan so green with envy

Cuse@UConn Sept 24, 2016
UConn@Cuse Sept 29, 2018
04-24-2015 04:17 PM
john01992 Offline
Former ESPNer still in recovery mode

I Root For: John0 out!!!!

Yeah I see zero butthurt in this post. 07-coffee3

But in all seriousness maybe two buttkickings at the hands of the Orange will finally make the Huskies shut up about the SU down years of the mid 2000s
04-24-2015 05:27 PM
Advertisement

UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
Syracuse is seeking revenge for getting their arses kicked.
04-24-2015 05:42 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

(04-24-2015 05:42 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  Syracuse is seeking revenge for getting their arses kicked.

04-cheers Gotta get you up to our tailgate in '16.
04-24-2015 06:10 PM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
It boggles my mind that a football series is getting scheduled before a basketball series. UCONN-Cuse should play annually at MSG.

I am a fan of this announcement though. Good work getting this done.
04-24-2015 06:22 PM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
(04-24-2015 06:22 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  It boggles my mind that a football series is getting scheduled before a basketball series. UCONN-Cuse should play annually at MSG.

I am a fan of this announcement though. Good work getting this done.

Because there are so few GREAT non-conf games in Nov/Dec...that UCONN-CUSE game should be played in 2nd Week in Dec...after College Football Season ends. (maybe right after Navy/Army game).

If Georgetown and Maryland can finally play a regular season game in DC...UCONN vs CUSE should be played soon too.

Game at MSG could be similar to Illinois playing Mizzou in St Louis....where tix are basically split in half.
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2015 06:59 AM by KnightLight.)
04-25-2015 06:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.