Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

FIU Extends IU Series 2 More Years
Bookmark and Share
FIUFan Offline
All American

I Root For: FIU
Exclamation FIU Extends IU Series 2 More Years
FIU has added 2 more years to its home/home series with the Hoosiers basically adding another home/home through 2018 beginning this year in Bloomington.

Interesting factoid I picked up while reviewing our schedule at FBSschedule.com; we already have 3 OOC home games scheduled for next year v. IU, Maryland and UCF. If we schedule an FCS to round out that schedule, we may not leave home till November.03-lmfao
04-23-2015 03:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chidave Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
RE: FIU Extends IU Series 2 More Years
Very nice scheduling! Now go get some notches on your belt 04-cheers
04-23-2015 03:49 PM
FIU Panther Fan Offline
1st String

You can't fault the scheduling for our woes. There will always be teams that want to come to South Florida to recruit. Have to take advantage of that, want to see more Big 12 teams come around. Go F I U!

Quote:The Indiana Hoosiers and the FIU Golden Panthers have extended their future football series through 2018, the two schools announced today.

FIU will travel to take on Indiana at Memorial Stadium in Bloomington on Sept. 16, 2017. The Golden Panthers will then host the Hoosiers at FIU Stadium on Sept. 1, 2018.

FIU and Indiana previously agreed to a home-and-home series last year. The two schools will meet at Indiana on Sept. 12, 2015 and at FIU on Sept. 3, 2016.

http://www.fbschedules.com/2015/04/india...ries-2018/
04-23-2015 04:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FlyHawk98 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall
This is awesome for you guys. Indiana is a winnable P5 in the conference that just won it all.

I hope you beat UCF.
04-23-2015 05:27 PM
SkullyMaroo Offline

I Root For: South Alabama
Oh I got this one...

IU? F-IU. 02-13-banana
04-23-2015 05:50 PM
Advertisement

MU42 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall
FIU needs to schedule the worst teams it possibly can. They need wins over everything else. They are not good and haven't been since Cristobal was fired. When we played in the bowl game I thought they were an up and comer and now they are the homecoming game for everyone or should be.
04-23-2015 09:25 PM
chidave Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
There was major improvement last year. Admittedly they couldn't get much worse than they were two years ago, but still with all their returning starters there's the potential for a decent year. Almost any team in the conference would love to host multiple Big X teams and UCF, I don't see how you can be unhappy with that if you're a FIU fan.
04-23-2015 09:35 PM
JPFIU Offline
Water Engineer

MU42 you may be surprised with FIU's progress. I liked Cristobal but Turner is doing some nice things here. Not saying we will be at the top of cusa next year but don't be surprised with middle of the pack and some upset wins. This will be a better team. Watch out.
04-23-2015 09:38 PM
Fish Offline
1st String

(04-23-2015 09:25 PM)MU42 Wrote:  FIU needs to schedule the worst teams it possibly can. They need wins over everything else. They are not good and haven't been since Cristobal was fired. When we played in the bowl game I thought they were an up and comer and now they are the homecoming game for everyone or should be.

Ron Turner has only had two seasons to coach this team. Sorry FIU hasn't been amazing the past two seasons. That doesn't mean FIU will perpetually suck. I actually am optimistic this season. We return a lot of key players and lost many close games last year. I think our scheduling has been excellent the past few years. That hasn't been the problem.

Btw, FIU is netting $1.4 million from 2 home and homes with IU. Pretty legit.
04-26-2015 01:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.