Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Clemson adds fb games
TIGER-PAUL Offline
All American

I Root For: PITT
Clemson adds fb games
Clemson adds home games w/Troy (2016), Kent State (2017), Georgia Southern (2018), Charlotte (2019) & Akron (2020).

04-23-2015 11:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
RE: Clemson adds fb games
Are these going to be played before Conference games or before South Carolina game?
04-23-2015 11:57 AM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(04-23-2015 11:57 AM)Dasville Wrote:  Are these going to be played before Conference games or before South Carolina game?

The only year Clemson has a "tune-up" game scheduled before S. Carolina is 2017. All of the others are near the beginning of the season.
04-23-2015 12:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Marge Schott Offline
Banned

I Root For: YouAreButtHurt
(04-23-2015 12:51 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
(04-23-2015 11:57 AM)Dasville Wrote:  Are these going to be played before Conference games or before South Carolina game?

The only year Clemson has a "tune-up" game scheduled before S. Carolina is 2017. All of the others are near the beginning of the season.

That seems dumb. Does South Carolina not do a cupcake the week before?
04-23-2015 01:27 PM
Advertisement

Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(04-23-2015 01:27 PM)Marge Schott Wrote:  
(04-23-2015 12:51 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  

That seems dumb. Does South Carolina not do a cupcake the week before?

Gamecocks schedule is mostly unfinished beyond this season, but the DO have a tune-up the week before Clemson.
04-23-2015 01:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
There is some concern that having those late tune-up games could hurt playoff positioning, but the reason we don't have one this year is because this season we play the parasites in October and the conference didn't want to give us an opening week conference game. With the season compressed one week from last year due to the start date there is only one open date to play with this year and we didn't want to play twelve, possibly thirteen straight weeks.

As it stands we play Wake in Death Valley the week before the coots so it's not like we are really missing anything.

There is also some pushback on playing the late season games from the FCS schools in regards to their momentum going into the FCS playoffs. Hard to build momentum when you are coming off of a 50 point loss. It was such a factor for Coastal Carolina a few years ago that starting last season they don't plan on playing FBS teams at all anymore.
04-23-2015 06:56 PM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
(04-23-2015 06:56 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  There is some concern that having those late tune-up games could hurt playoff positioning, but the reason we don't have one this year is because this season we play the parasites in October and the conference didn't want to give us an opening week conference game. With the season compressed one week from last year due to the start date there is only one open date to play with this year and we didn't want to play twelve, possibly thirteen straight weeks.

As it stands we play Wake in Death Valley the week before the coots so it's not like we are really missing anything.

There is also some pushback on playing the late season games from the FCS schools in regards to their momentum going into the FCS playoffs. Hard to build momentum when you are coming off of a 50 point loss. It was such a factor for Coastal Carolina a few years ago that starting last season they don't plan on playing FBS teams at all anymore.

"The conference" allowed GT and BC to have the opening ACC conference game in Ireland. Sorry to inconvenience y'all.
04-23-2015 07:18 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(04-23-2015 07:18 PM)Dasville Wrote:  
(04-23-2015 06:56 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  There is some concern that having those late tune-up games could hurt playoff positioning, but the reason we don't have one this year is because this season we play the parasites in October and the conference didn't want to give us an opening week conference game. With the season compressed one week from last year due to the start date there is only one open date to play with this year and we didn't want to play twelve, possibly thirteen straight weeks.

"The conference" allowed GT and BC to have the opening ACC conference game in Ireland. Sorry to inconvenience y'all.

I wasn't aware that we were only allowed one conference game a week.

When did this come to pass? I seem to remember multiple ACC games a number of times last year.
04-23-2015 07:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.