Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Policeman refuses to shoot murder suspect yelling "shoot me"
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
Policeman refuses to shoot murder suspect yelling "shoot me"
I know the libs on here live to make posts condemning police. Thought I would post this to honor the courage of this officer...

Quote:An Ohio police officer refused to shoot a charging suspect even as he begged for the officer to take his life.

The officer's decision not to fire at a man accused of double murder, who was pleading for him to follow through with his "suicide by cop" plans, was captured on his bodycam video.

New Richmond Officer Jesse Kidder was called to follow a possibly armed suspect in an Ohio murder Thursday. Suddenly the suspect, identified by police as Michael Wilcox, got out of his car and started to charge at the cop.

"Law enforcement officers all across the nation have to deal with split-second decisions that mean life or death," Kidder told TV station WLWT. "I wanted to be absolutely sure before I used deadly force."

The body cam footage shows the terrifying scene as Kidder continues to order Wilcox, who later told authorities he was under the influence of multiple substances, to the ground but continues to walk straight at him. Kidder's gun is cocked, but instead of firing he decides to continue to back up on the empty road and wait for other officers to arrive.

"Get your hands up right now," Kidder screams. "Stop. Stop, right there. I don't want to shoot you man. I don't want to shoot you."

I wanted to be absolutely sure before I used deadly force.
The bodycam shows the suspect continuing to approach the officer with his hand in his pocket. Kidder continues to back up and orders the suspect again to stop.

Wilcox pleads for the officer to "shoot me" but Kidder refuses.

"No man, I'm not going to do it," the cop said.

Kidder told the station he was told the suspect might attempt suicide by cop and he kept his eyes on Wilcox's pocket.

The suspect eventually charges but Kidder again refuses to pull the trigger. The officer stumbles and falls backward but when he gets up the suspect finally complies.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/wa...-1.2190739
04-20-2015 05:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: Policeman refuses to shoot murder suspect yelling "shoot me"
Another case of police placing their lives at risk to save a life.....

New Jersey police pull woman from car, then it explodes

Quote:(CNN)The overturned convertible was smoldering, when police pulled up to it on a New Jersey roadway. The driver was pinned inside -- and unconscious.

Not knowing when the car might burst into full flame, they scrambled to save her, while a police dash cam rolled. CNN obtained the footage from affiliate WPIX.

Kinnelon Police Officers Mark Ehrenberg and Ricky Ferriola cut the seat belt from her, then dragged the woman's limp body away from the crash to start emergency medical care. Not a minute later, flames licked out of the car.

Two more minutes -- an explosion.

All three were lucky to escape the flames.

Report of an erratic driver
The rescue started when someone reported an erratic driver on Thursday, and the officers sped off to investigate.

When they pulled up at the scene, the 2006 Toyota Solara convertible was already a smoking wreck.

Its horn was blaring.

'Can you hear me?'
The officers ran over to the flipped over car, and shouted over the honking horn at the driver, "Can you hear me?" No response, not even a gesture, the video showed.

It took them two minutes to cut off the seat belt, as smoke kept rising. Once they had her in safety, the officers hooked the driver up to a defibrillator and started CPR.

The woman, identified by the Kinnelon Police Department as Dawn Milosky, 45, of Beachwood, New Jersey, was airlifted to Morristown Medical Center and survived.

She's been charged with driving while intoxicated, having an open container of alcohol in the vehicle, reckless driving and with failure to stay in her lane, according to WPIX.

'A lot of times, we don't think about our own safety'
Kinnelon Police Sgt. Chris Carbone told WPIX that they released the video to show that the driver may have died, if others had not informed the police.

As for his colleagues' bravery, he said, "A lot of times, we don't think of our own safety doing this job."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/19/us/new-jer...rning-car/
04-20-2015 05:19 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry

http://www.statter911.com/2015/04/20/cau...ment-fire/

Quote:At 11h45 pm last night multiple people were rescued out of a building on fire on Jane St and Eddystone Ave in the Jane & Finch area of Toronto. Images show one kid, one adult female and one adult male being loaded in ambulances, all unconscious. The fire was quickly upgraded to a 3rd alarm and an impressive number of paramedics were dispatched to the scene. Fire fighters knocked down the blaze within the first half hour of the incident. Images also show Toronto police officers rescuing residents with a fire ladder. Numerous tenants of the large apartment complex can be seen on their balconies and some people made an escape rope by attaching bed sheets together. An aluminium ladder was used to rescue people from the top of the outside hallway entrance. Emergency workers were running towards the building with stretchers while firemen rushed out with victims. One fireman was seen running away from the building carrying a small child in his arm before putting the boy on a paramedic’s stretcher. Smoke was seen coming out still an hour after the beginning of the fire as the fire dept was doing the ventilation of the building.
04-20-2015 05:27 PM
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-20-2015 05:27 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  

http://www.statter911.com/2015/04/20/cau...ment-fire/

Quote:At 11h45 pm last night multiple people were rescued out of a building on fire on Jane St and Eddystone Ave in the Jane & Finch area of Toronto. Images show one kid, one adult female and one adult male being loaded in ambulances, all unconscious. The fire was quickly upgraded to a 3rd alarm and an impressive number of paramedics were dispatched to the scene. Fire fighters knocked down the blaze within the first half hour of the incident. Images also show Toronto police officers rescuing residents with a fire ladder. Numerous tenants of the large apartment complex can be seen on their balconies and some people made an escape rope by attaching bed sheets together. An aluminium ladder was used to rescue people from the top of the outside hallway entrance. Emergency workers were running towards the building with stretchers while firemen rushed out with victims. One fireman was seen running away from the building carrying a small child in his arm before putting the boy on a paramedic’s stretcher. Smoke was seen coming out still an hour after the beginning of the fire as the fire dept was doing the ventilation of the building.

Thanks for adding that. Those evil policemen the libs here love to hate, are some brave human beings.
04-20-2015 06:04 PM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
No other comments? Interesting.
04-20-2015 06:51 PM
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-20-2015 06:51 PM)Crebman Wrote:  No other comments? Interesting.

Isn't it....
04-20-2015 07:30 PM
Advertisement

UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
There are absolutely countless numbers of good cops, but that doesn't excuse the actions of those who commit crime.

As for this thread, I'm happy those people chose to become police because they truly seem to want to help people. Great actions on their part and I'm glad they're getting the recognition they deserve. Sorry I didn't fit your narrative of foaming at the mouth anti-police lib, though, but not many people do.
04-20-2015 07:58 PM
vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USNA/UTK
(04-20-2015 07:58 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  There are absolutely countless numbers of good cops, but that doesn't excuse the actions of those who commit crime.

As for this thread, I'm happy those people chose to become police because they truly seem to want to help people. Great actions on their part and I'm glad they're getting the recognition they deserve. Sorry I didn't fit your narrative of foaming at the mouth anti-police lib, though, but not many people do.

You don't and many on this board I don't think have that much a problem with the police. We understand their's is a thankless job where they are more often than not dealing with the more unsavory parts of humanity on a daily basis. But the 10% that do go rogue are f**king it up for everyone. The fact that a look at these incidents dispassionately to try and make police work easier and less dangerous is the frustration the ERC and Kaplony are referring to. Because despite the media narrative, none of them are willing to go without law enforcement.
04-20-2015 08:50 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Well done by the cop
04-20-2015 10:10 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry

http://www.statter911.com/2015/04/20/das...-in-texas/

Quote: Officers responded to the crash around 4:11 a.m. on the Interstate 30 service road near Edgebrook Road. Two officers found 25-year-old Hector Valles inside a burning car. Valles was unconscious and his clothing had caught fire. The officers pulled him from the car, Mesquite police said.

He was transported to Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas. He remains hospitalized in the intensive care unit.
04-21-2015 11:57 AM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
(04-20-2015 05:13 PM)EagleRockCafe Wrote:  I know the libs on here live to make posts condemning police. Thought I would post this to honor the courage of this officer...

Quote:An Ohio police officer refused to shoot a charging suspect even as he begged for the officer to take his life.

The officer's decision not to fire at a man accused of double murder, who was pleading for him to follow through with his "suicide by cop" plans, was captured on his bodycam video.

New Richmond Officer Jesse Kidder was called to follow a possibly armed suspect in an Ohio murder Thursday. Suddenly the suspect, identified by police as Michael Wilcox, got out of his car and started to charge at the cop.

"Law enforcement officers all across the nation have to deal with split-second decisions that mean life or death," Kidder told TV station WLWT. "I wanted to be absolutely sure before I used deadly force."

The body cam footage shows the terrifying scene as Kidder continues to order Wilcox, who later told authorities he was under the influence of multiple substances, to the ground but continues to walk straight at him. Kidder's gun is cocked, but instead of firing he decides to continue to back up on the empty road and wait for other officers to arrive.

"Get your hands up right now," Kidder screams. "Stop. Stop, right there. I don't want to shoot you man. I don't want to shoot you."

I wanted to be absolutely sure before I used deadly force.
The bodycam shows the suspect continuing to approach the officer with his hand in his pocket. Kidder continues to back up and orders the suspect again to stop.

Wilcox pleads for the officer to "shoot me" but Kidder refuses.

"No man, I'm not going to do it," the cop said.

Kidder told the station he was told the suspect might attempt suicide by cop and he kept his eyes on Wilcox's pocket.

The suspect eventually charges but Kidder again refuses to pull the trigger. The officer stumbles and falls backward but when he gets up the suspect finally complies.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/wa...-1.2190739

Excellent Post

Proof positive that it is not always necessary to shoot and kill a person in order to defuse a situation.
04-21-2015 12:11 PM
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
I don't fit this BS narrative continually floated by ERC either. And I don't know any liberals on this site who do.

So why does he keep ignoring that fact and posting this lie with perceived impunity?

The biggest critic of the police on this site is the damned owner, GTS! He has scores of threads about police overreach. That is then followed up by all the threads started by cons bemoaning the militarization of the local police forces through obsolete military equipment.

Why does ERC seem to think that you can't support something but also be critical of it at times? Or if you don't post scores of "rah rah" threads about some topic, you hate it? It really makes no sense.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2015 12:15 PM by Redwingtom.)
04-21-2015 12:13 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(04-21-2015 12:13 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  I don't fit this BS narrative continually floated by ERC either. And I don't know any liberals on this site who do.

So why does he keep ignoring that fact and posting this lie with perceived impunity?

The biggest critic of the police on this site is the damned owner, GTS! He has scores of threads about police overreach. That is then followed up by all the threads started by cons bemoaning the militarization of the local police forces through obsolete military equipment.

Why does ERC seem to think that you can't support something but also be critical of it at times? Or if you don't post scores of "rah rah" threads about some topic, you hate it? It really makes no sense.

Because that is how it is with some conservative ( assuming he is a conservative).

They see the world as black and white. There are no shades of gray.

"You are either for us or against us".
04-21-2015 12:19 PM
vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

(04-21-2015 12:13 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  I don't fit this BS narrative continually floated by ERC either. And I don't know any liberals on this site who do.

I would its misapplied projection. I don't think those on this board who lean left are anywhere near MSNBC levels of ideological group-think. But much like conservatives are seen as the vanguard of FOX News when we have political discussions, you and others who share your POV are the representative of of the left leaning media narrative.
04-21-2015 12:25 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(04-21-2015 12:25 PM)vandiver49 Wrote:  

I would its misapplied projection. I don't think those on this board who lean left are anywhere near MSNBC levels of ideological group-think. But much like conservatives are seen as the vanguard of FOX News when we have political discussions, you and others who share your POV are the representative of of the left leaning media narrative.

But there is a very clear difference.

There ar those on the right in this forum who speak in favor of the far right wing agenda.

On the contrary. No one on the left speakds in favor of the far left wing agenda.

Yet those on the right continuously attribute those on the left with far left agenda.
04-21-2015 12:28 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
(04-21-2015 12:25 PM)vandiver49 Wrote:  

Listen, I'll be honest, I have pretty progressive views on a lot of very important social issues (single payer right off the bat for one), and I don't know anyone who has a true 'F*CK THE POLICE' mentality. It's not because it doesn't exist, but because it doesn't exist in any sort of rational and educated person, liberal or republican. But it's not because we're not liberal enough here, because that implies that that particular viewpoint is associated with liberalism when it clearly is not. Some liberals might feel that way, but that doesn't make it a legitimate complaint of liberalism just as some conservatives being racist doesn't make racism a legitimate complaint of all conservatism.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2015 12:58 PM by UCF08.)
04-21-2015 12:58 PM
Advertisement

vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

(04-21-2015 12:28 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  But there is a very clear difference.

There are those on the right in this forum who speak in favor of the far right wing agenda.

On the contrary. No one on the left speaks in favor of the far left wing agenda.

Yet those on the right continuously attribute those on the left with far left agenda.

I think many conservatives on this board would consider expanding the government to be the hallmark of the far left. Also included in that would be advocating for irrational environmental policies and the slandering of those who disagree with typical liberal positions (misogynists, racist etc.) It's matter of perspective.
04-21-2015 03:21 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(04-21-2015 03:21 PM)vandiver49 Wrote:  

There are those on the right in this forum who speak in favor of the far right wing agenda.

On the contrary. No one on the left speaks in favor of the far left wing agenda.

I think many conservatives on this board would consider expanding the government to be the hallmark of the far left. Also included in that would be advocating for irrational environmental policies and the slandering of those who disagree with typical liberal positions (misogynists, racist etc.) It's matter of perspective.

I have yet to see a thread that supports expanding the government.

But I have seen many, many threads about the evils of gay marriage.
04-21-2015 03:26 PM
vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

(04-21-2015 12:58 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  Listen, I'll be honest, I have pretty progressive views on a lot of very important social issues (single payer right off the bat for one), and I don't know anyone who has a true 'F*CK THE POLICE' mentality. It's not because it doesn't exist, but because it doesn't exist in any sort of rational and educated person, liberal or republican. But it's not because we're not liberal enough here, because that implies that that particular viewpoint is associated with liberalism when it clearly is not. Some liberals might feel that way, but that doesn't make it a legitimate complaint of liberalism just as some conservatives being racist doesn't make racism a legitimate complaint of all conservatism.

So all those hippies who considers the police 'pigs' and those rappers who lyrics included 'f**k the police' and their fans are statistically irrelevant? Regardless, I agree with the bolded. That's why I said on this board it is misapplied projection.
04-21-2015 03:28 PM
vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

(04-21-2015 03:26 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(04-21-2015 03:21 PM)vandiver49 Wrote:  

I have yet to see a thread that supports expanding the government.

But I have seen many, many threads about the evils of gay marriage.

UCF08 supports single payer, which is gov't expansion. Others have started posts that advocate for more funding for K-12, College to be free, taxes levied on production, tariffs on manufactured goods and penalties for off shoring Corporate HQ's. I and many conservatives consider such measures as gov't expansion.
04-21-2015 03:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.