Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Memphis Transfer - Former Tulane Player
wavefan12 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tulane
Memphis Transfer - Former Tulane Player
Ricky Tarrant. Can play immediately I believe.

https://twitter.com/scottdkushner
04-20-2015 01:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TigerBill Offline
Imperator Optimus Maximus

I Root For: Liberation

Donators
RE: Memphis Transfer - Former Tulane Player
(04-20-2015 01:48 PM)wavefan12 Wrote:  Ricky Tarrant. Can play immediately I believe.

https://twitter.com/scottdkushner

I'm excited about this guy, but some folks are skeptical.
04-20-2015 05:54 PM
tigerjeb Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

CrappiesDonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame
I remember him being a good player at Tulane I think he had a foot problem at Alabama last year that held him way back he says it's fully healed
04-20-2015 06:06 PM
oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

He's a chucker. Will score 12+ a night, but will also take a lot of shots and will forget to share the ball.
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2015 06:25 PM by oliveandblue.)
04-20-2015 06:25 PM
tigerjeb Offline
Legend

CrappiesDonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame
Don't think with the lawsons Austin Nichols and Shaw goodwin on the floor there will be a whole lot of chucking opportunities for Mr Tarrant. He'll be handy against a zone though
04-20-2015 06:52 PM
Advertisement

TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
OK --- it's no secret --- Memphis REALLY needs a PG. This is the second "big time" PG transfer from an SEC school in as many years. Kedren Johnson, the Vandy PG, came in fat and more than rusty but actually looked the part in the last few games. He'll be back. But past behaviors create a question of 'how he'll come back.' Tarrant, the Alabama PG, looks ready from all indications. Healthy, 'Bama's leading scorer, can play immediately. We'll see if he supplies that missing piece. Yes --- fingers crossed.
04-20-2015 08:52 PM
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

Do I dare 'hope' - again? >>>

Jeff Goodman @GoodmanESPN
With Ricky Tarrant, you can now make a case for Memphis as a Preseason Top 25'ish team.
04-20-2015 09:40 PM
PT_american Offline
1st String

I Root For: American
(04-20-2015 09:40 PM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  Do I dare 'hope' - again? >>>

With Ricky Tarrant, you can now make a case for Memphis as a Preseason Top 25'ish team.

Would love to see SMU, Memphis and Cincinnati all in the top 25 at one time. With Temple and UConn lurking. Should be a good year for American basketball.
04-21-2015 08:25 AM
Tigers2B1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(04-20-2015 06:25 PM)oliveandblue Wrote:  He's a chucker. Will score 12+ a night, but will also take a lot of shots and will forget to share the ball.

If you know, was that his style at Tulane and Alabama or is this comment just about what you saw at Tulane? Thanks.
04-21-2015 08:59 AM
Advertisement

oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

(04-21-2015 08:59 AM)Tigers2B1 Wrote:  
(04-20-2015 06:25 PM)oliveandblue Wrote:  He's a chucker. Will score 12+ a night, but will also take a lot of shots and will forget to share the ball.

If you know, was that his style at Tulane and Alabama or is this comment just about what you saw at Tulane? Thanks.

He still kept some of the habits in Alabama - although he struggled to consistently start due to injuries, etc.

This mostly has to do with what he did at Tulane.
04-21-2015 09:04 AM
AGuyIn_Water Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UCF

Oh my GOSH... Another Top 25 for Memphis???

Man, I do not want to jinx it or anything. But every time I see this reminds me of a Choke Job by Memphis at the end

Memphis Basketball is no where near John Calipari days with Derrick Rose...

Josh is a awesome recruiter and coach. But man, if I were a Memphis Fan, I am thinking being an ELITE team in the country of what you all have: History, winning culture and Basketball Program as a whole in general...

Can Memphis finally crack Sweet 16 yet?
04-21-2015 09:19 AM
Tigers2B1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(04-21-2015 09:19 AM)AGuyIn_Water Wrote:  

Man, I do not want to jinx it or anything. But every time I see this reminds me of a Choke Job by Memphis at the end

Josh is a awesome recruiter and coach. But man, if I were a Memphis Fan, I am thinking being an ELITE team in the country of what you all have: History, winning culture and Basketball Program as a whole in general...

That sounds exactly like Memphis fans around here only phrased much nicer.
04-21-2015 09:36 AM
wavefan12 Offline
All American

(04-21-2015 08:59 AM)Tigers2B1 Wrote:  

He's definitely more of a scoring PG than a facilitator. Frankly that's probably not what Memphis really needs but he can definitely score in bunches.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2015 10:04 AM by wavefan12.)
04-21-2015 10:02 AM
Advertisement

EvilLore Offline
Caligula of the Toy Department

I Root For: Tiger blood

This will probably be his final season, regardless of what happens.

I think most of us are just crossing fingers and hoping that the wealth of talent he's assembled will provide a memorable year and deep run in March.
04-21-2015 10:14 AM
cotton1991 Offline
Heisman

(04-21-2015 10:14 AM)EvilLore Wrote:  

I think most of us are just crossing fingers and hoping that the wealth of talent he's assembled will provide a memorable year and deep run in March.

So, are you thinking that things between Pastner and the fanbase, boosters, etc., have soured so much that even a deep run next year won't fix it?

I think a great year would fix it for the fans, but I imagine that Pastner would jump at the chance to get out that a big season could give him. The nonstop criticism and pressure has got to be tough on his family, and taking a more low key position might be the ticket.
04-21-2015 10:56 AM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators

lol, I'd love to see another "Choke Job" 03-lmfao as 2008 was a blast, just like football was a blast.

John Calipari only matched what Gene Bartow achieved in 1973...taking Memphis to the title game...and it's also something UCF will never get to experience.

70s with Bartow and Finch...80s with Kirk and Lee...90s with Penny Hardaway and Elliot Perry....2000s with Cal and Rose.

I'm not concerned, thx.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2015 11:31 AM by UofMemphis.)
04-21-2015 11:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-21-2015 10:56 AM)cotton1991 Wrote:  
(04-21-2015 10:14 AM)EvilLore Wrote:  

So, are you thinking that things between Pastner and the fanbase, boosters, etc., have soured so much that even a deep run next year won't fix it?

I think a great year would fix it for the fans, but I imagine that Pastner would jump at the chance to get out that a big season could give him. The nonstop criticism and pressure has got to be tough on his family, and taking a more low key position might be the ticket.

I think that he's gone next season no matter what happens is more likely than not for the reasons you've given. I mean some of the stuff re Pastner, not just on the Internet but constantly on radio and around town is really pretty harsh. The relationship is poisoned now and I think he takes off if he has a good to decent season and gets an acceptable offer.
04-21-2015 11:30 AM
Advertisement

gulfcoastgal Offline
All American

(04-21-2015 08:25 AM)PT_american Wrote:  

Would love to see SMU, Memphis and Cincinnati all in the top 25 at one time. With Temple and UConn lurking. Should be a good year for American basketbal.

The tweeting heads think so.

Jon RothsteinVerified account@JonRothstein
One thing that's clear: teams in the AAC that struggled this past season - UConn, Memphis, UCF, USF, and Houston - will be better in 15-16.
04-21-2015 12:50 PM
EvilLore Offline
Caligula of the Toy Department

I Root For: Tiger blood
(04-21-2015 10:56 AM)cotton1991 Wrote:  So, are you thinking that things between Pastner and the fanbase, boosters, etc., have soured so much that even a deep run next year won't fix it?

I think that's exactly what will happen. He won't take a mid-major job, but will almost certainly fly the coop for a P5 or Big East offer. It was pretty obvious to anyone who listened to his post-game interviews this season, that the overwhelming negativity and criticism from the fanbase was methodically cracking him like an eggshell.

No matter what we do in 2016, I think the collesium has given him a thumbs down and won't be satisfied until they see blood. Tiger basketball fans are brutal.
04-21-2015 12:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.