Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rubio: “sexual preference is something that people are born with.”
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
Rubio: “sexual preference is something that people are born with.”
“It’s not that I’m against gay marriage,” he said, reiterating his view that state legislatures — and not the courts — should make decisions about marriage. “I believe the definition of the institution of marriage should be between one man and one woman.”

Rubio added, “I don’t believe same-sex marriage is a constitutional right.”

From there, he directly addressed Schieffer’s question about whether homosexuality is a choice.

“I also don’t believe that your sexual preferences are a choice for the vast and enormous majority of people,” Rubio said. “In fact, the bottom line is, I believe that sexual preference is something that people are born with.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/04/...responded/
04-20-2015 12:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: Rubio: “sexual preference is something that people are born with.”
This issue is a total loser for Republicans. They're going to have to figure out a way to reconcile themselves to it.
04-20-2015 12:18 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
I never understood those who thought that homosexuality was a choice? It's like they are arguing that a well made powerpoint presentation could convince them to want to blow a guy.
04-20-2015 12:18 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
Homosexuality IS a choice. Sexual preference isn't.
04-20-2015 12:22 PM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(04-20-2015 12:18 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  I never understood those who thought that homosexuality was a choice? It's like they are arguing that a well made powerpoint presentation could convince them to want to blow a guy.

It might if you were showing it to a woman??? 03-cloud9

Nah. If she doesn't want to, no amount of convincing does the trick.
04-20-2015 12:31 PM
vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USNA/UTK
(04-20-2015 12:18 PM)Smaug Wrote:  This issue is a total loser for Republicans. They're going to have to figure out a way to reconcile themselves to it.

The GOP needs a 'come to Jesus' moment with the Christian Right. Ultimately I think there is going to be a split and the Business side of the Republican party is going to take their ball and try to reach moderates based on fiscal principals.
04-20-2015 12:39 PM
Advertisement

Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(04-20-2015 12:39 PM)vandiver49 Wrote:  
(04-20-2015 12:18 PM)Smaug Wrote:  This issue is a total loser for Republicans. They're going to have to figure out a way to reconcile themselves to it.

The GOP needs a 'come to Jesus' moment with the Christian Right. Ultimately I think there is going to be a split and the Business side of the Republican party is going to take their ball and try to reach moderates based on fiscal principals.

Please, please do this! Stay the F out of bedroom politics. Please.
04-20-2015 12:41 PM
vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USNA/UTK
(04-20-2015 12:41 PM)Crebman Wrote:  
(04-20-2015 12:39 PM)vandiver49 Wrote:  

Please, please do this! Stay the F out of bedroom politics. Please.

Well my other hope was that the issue would get to the Supreme Court and that their ruling would eliminate the need for the media to raise the question to GOP candidates. But that hasn't come to pass either. The DNC underwent a similar moment after Regan. From the Clinton's onwards the campaign has been about demagoguery of the GOP.
04-20-2015 12:50 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
As a young boy, gays couldn't talk me into blowing them. And I didn't desire their bj's either. My choice was a resounding no. But enough bs. There's a reason they hit on me and lots of other young boys.

Many young boys CAN be brought over. And protestations to the contrary, gays know this to be a truth.

Save your "I never understood".
04-20-2015 12:52 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
Rubio is done. He is going way too far into the weeds on this and isn't going to satisfy anyone in doing so. The correct answer (for a politician running for national office) is, "I don't know, but I would like to discuss X, Y, and Z."
04-20-2015 01:30 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-20-2015 12:52 PM)Paul M Wrote:  As a young boy, gays couldn't talk me into blowing them. And I didn't desire their bj's either. My choice was a resounding no. But enough bs. There's a reason they hit on me and lots of other young boys.

Many young boys CAN be brought over. And protestations to the contrary, gays know this to be a truth.

That was a pedophile who 'hit on you' as a 'young boy', not a homosexual. You need to learn the difference if you want to be taken seriously.
04-20-2015 01:35 PM
Advertisement

Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(04-20-2015 01:35 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  
(04-20-2015 12:52 PM)Paul M Wrote:  As a young boy, gays couldn't talk me into blowing them. And I didn't desire their bj's either. My choice was a resounding no. But enough bs. There's a reason they hit on me and lots of other young boys.

That was a pedophile who 'hit on you' as a 'young boy', not a homosexual. You need to learn the difference if you want to be taken seriously.

It would qualify as both.

Honestly, I think that some are born that way and some others drift into it by whom they associate with.
04-20-2015 01:38 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

It was homo(s) ucf, it was homos.
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2015 01:50 PM by Paul M.)
04-20-2015 01:49 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(04-20-2015 01:30 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  Rubio is done. He is going way too far into the weeds on this and isn't going to satisfy anyone in doing so. The correct answer (for a politician running for national office) is, "I don't know, but I would like to discuss X, Y, and Z."

No it's not (a good answer). Saying you don't know won't stop them from 'making up' your opinion on the issue. I agree that you need to reshape the question into what they are REALLY asking, as opposed to addressing millions of 'what about this... what about that' scenarios... but I don't think you win by avoiding the underlying question.

Rubio may well be 'taking one for the team' in that he seems to be taking a position similar to mine... where my legislative and personal moral positions differ because I don't believe my morals to be universal, no matter how common they might be. Not that I don't think that we will all be judged in the same way... but that 'what you believe in' doesn't make any difference to whether or not your beliefs are the correct ones.

Either there is a God or there is not. Either He is what I believe him to be or not. Even if 99.999% of the population agreed with my beliefs, that wouldn't make us any more correct than if I was the only one with my beliefs.
04-20-2015 02:05 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

(04-20-2015 02:05 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  
(04-20-2015 01:30 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  Rubio is done. He is going way too far into the weeds on this and isn't going to satisfy anyone in doing so. The correct answer (for a politician running for national office) is, "I don't know, but I would like to discuss X, Y, and Z."

No it's not (a good answer). Saying you don't know won't stop them from 'making up' your opinion on the issue. I agree that you need to reshape the question into what they are REALLY asking, as opposed to addressing millions of 'what about this... what about that' scenarios... but I don't think you win by avoiding the underlying question.

Rubio may well be 'taking one for the team' in that he seems to be taking a position similar to mine... where my legislative and personal moral positions differ because I don't believe my morals to be universal, no matter how common they might be. Not that I don't think that we will all be judged in the same way... but that 'what you believe in' doesn't make any difference to whether or not your beliefs are the correct ones.

Either there is a God or there is not. Either He is what I believe him to be or not. Even if 99.999% of the population agreed with my beliefs, that wouldn't make us any more correct than if I was the only one with my beliefs.

Well, he doesn't know so it would be answering the question.
04-20-2015 02:12 PM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

I Root For: Southern Miss
If Republicans don't shut up about this, they're going to dig a hole too deep to get out of.
04-20-2015 02:15 PM
Advertisement

UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-20-2015 01:49 PM)Paul M Wrote:  It was homo(s) ucf, it was homos.

No, it wasn't, and characterizing it as such shows how ignorant you are of the difference. Unless you describe opposite-sex pedophiles as 'heterosexual', which I have yet to see once in my life, they're simply pedophiles.
04-20-2015 02:26 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

(04-20-2015 02:26 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  

No, it wasn't, and characterizing it as such shows how ignorant you are of the difference. Unless you describe opposite-sex pedophiles as 'heterosexual', which I have yet to see once in my life, they're simply pedophiles.

[Image: frabz-Oh-boy-Here-we-go-with-this-****-again-05cb77.jpg]
04-20-2015 02:28 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

Might as well call a guy who has sex with a male horse a homosexual.
04-20-2015 02:38 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

(04-20-2015 02:26 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  

Um, us straight people on here have always said there are heterosexual pedophiles.

Look, Gay men hit on me in my youth. Gay men.

Jeez, most gays were hit on in their youth. Or at least a sizable number.
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2015 02:40 PM by Paul M.)
04-20-2015 02:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.