Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What price has Israel paid and do they reflect upon it?
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
What price has Israel paid and do they reflect upon it?
With Russia selling the Iranians a missile defense system how long before they sell one to Syria and Jordan? It has been said that these are defense measures so they are not part of any ban. I reflect upon the price Israel has paid for building settlements and thwarting the will of the western world. They have snuggled up to the GOP but is this a good path forward? Are there reasonable Israeli's that see the diminishing influence they have on the western world? You can only be flippant to people for so long. What we are witnessing is the diminishing influence of Israel in American politics.
04-19-2015 10:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
RE: What price has Israel paid and do they reflect upon it?
Its a large price and it will probably get larger as time goes on. For me, I think the most important argument against Bibi is that his policies in the long (and now even in the short) run will harm Israel.

Last week, the EU started discussing mandatory labeling of goods made with inputs from the occupied West Bank. Sounds like a prelude to a boycott.
04-19-2015 10:47 AM
Machiavelli Offline

They are becoming more and more isolated. Do they see this?
04-19-2015 10:50 AM
QuestionSocratic Offline
Banned

I Root For: Buffalo
You're both right.

Israel should just close up shop and all the Jews should just leave the middle east and diasporate over the globe.
04-19-2015 11:12 AM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
(04-19-2015 11:12 AM)QuestionSocratic Wrote:  You're both right.

Israel should just close up shop and all the Jews should just leave the middle east and diasporate over the globe.

Actually, that's not what we're arguing. We're arguing that the settlements on the West Bank aren't worth it because they'll make Israel less secure.
04-19-2015 11:14 AM
Machiavelli Offline

You watch the Apartheid attack come visit them here soon enough. They want people to live in a land where they have no avenue to address complaints politically. They are especially vulnerable to this line of attack. When Bibi states there will be no two state solution under his watch what recourse do the Palestinians have? Dismantle the militant arm of HAMAS and watch the world come to your needs. This is the message that needs to be sent to both sides. The GOP already has enough problems from a racial perspective. Do they want to exacerbate the problem? Heavens no. The playbook is there. They just have to follow it.
04-19-2015 11:20 AM
Advertisement

VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
Israel is just doing what one does when everyone around you wants you dead. Israel is looking out for itself and doesn't give a damn what others think. Good for Israel.
04-19-2015 11:39 AM
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
Iran Marks Army Day With ‘Death To Israel, U.S.” Chants

You libs are just sad you weren't there to cheer Death to Israel with Obama's Iran buddies.

Quote:Iran on Saturday marked Army Day with a military parade featuring new weapons systems, as well as a truck carrying a massive banner reading “Death to Israel.”

A televised broadcast of the parade was punctuated by repeated cries of “Death to America” and “Death to Israel.”

“If Israel makes a mistake,” the announcer on Iran television said during the broadcast, as heavy trucks carrying armored personnel carriers rolled past, “those in Tel Aviv and Haifa will not sleep at night, not one person.”

http://www.timesofisrael.com/iran-marks-...um=twitter

Death to Israel
[Image: nedkav.png]
04-19-2015 12:05 PM
Machiavelli Offline

ERC always pulls the Jew Hatred card and he never seems to catch any negative feedback for it from the right. It's odd but it is standard operating procedure for him. Nothing of substance. Just a wounded blind cornered animal lashing out at the dark.
04-19-2015 01:17 PM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
I doubt any Israelis regret the relationship between Israel and the republican party. It has helped keep them safe for over 60 years.

This administration is the exception, not the rule. Americans overwhelmingly support Israel from both sides of the isle, only in the past 6 years have rhe winds began to change. The sad part is that in those 6 years, enough damage has been done to threaten Israel's existence for the foreseeable future.
04-19-2015 04:40 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
this thread should make one understand the 'pain' of all religion and the importance of water/pacifism/water/incapable boundaries....

but it won't....

oh wellzy...
04-19-2015 05:00 PM
Advertisement

UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
The West Bank is Israeli territory. They can do with it what they want. If the rest of the world feels sorry for the Palestinians, they can take the Palestinians in as immigrants. Or give them Sinai as their own country.
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2015 05:28 PM by UConn-SMU.)
04-19-2015 05:27 PM
Machiavelli Offline

They should become Israeli citizens and be able to vote. The process will play itself out.
04-19-2015 06:22 PM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
Palestinians in thw west bank have it far better than Israelis in Palestinian territory
04-19-2015 06:29 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
(04-19-2015 10:17 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  With Russia selling the Iranians a missile defense system how long before they sell one to Syria and Jordan? It has been said that these are defense measures so they are not part of any ban. I reflect upon the price Israel has paid for building settlements and thwarting the will of the western world. They have snuggled up to the GOP but is this a good path forward? Are there reasonable Israeli's that see the diminishing influence they have on the western world? You can only be flippant to people for so long. What we are witnessing is the diminishing influence of Israel in American politics.

By your logic, why shouldn't the US give Texas back to Mexico? As for Israel's diminishing influence in the US, when the sitting POTUS has a love affair with our enemies and the enemies of our allies, there is little wonder Israel is being ignored, after all the Ignorant Commander In Chief's policy is "If we are nice to the Muslims and give them everything the want maybe they'll like us and stop being mean to us". 01-wingedeagle
04-19-2015 06:41 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
When the US gained Texas, did they kick everyone off the land? Honest question.
04-19-2015 06:54 PM
Advertisement

usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
Jews are being attacked and persecuted on a daily basis in Europe and it is getting worse. Obama hates Jews and so the left is following his lead. People ignored and did not believe the Holicaust was happening. History is trying to repeat itself.
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2015 07:29 PM by usmbacker.)
04-19-2015 07:27 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
(04-19-2015 07:27 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  Jews are being attacked and persecuted on a daily basis in Europe and it is getting worse. Obama hates Jews and so the left is following his lead. People ignored and did not believe the Holicaust was happening. History is trying to repeat itself.

Doesn't mean that having an opinion that is slightly different than yours on the subject of israel means one wishes the Holocaust was successful. But hey, Politics is a team sport, who cares if he literally described all liberals as wishing for the extermination of the jewish race, he's on your team!
04-19-2015 07:52 PM
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
The world is increasingly anti-Semitic. Why should Israel bow to pressure from those countries?

The isolation of South Africa was due to apartheid. The hatred of Israel is due to religion; the Palestinian "issue" is just a convenient cover.
04-19-2015 08:19 PM
I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

New Orleans Bowl
(04-19-2015 11:20 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  They are especially vulnerable to this line of attack. When Bibi states there will be no two state solution under his watch what recourse do the Palestinians have?

This is not true from what I have been able to discern - he did not say that. He said that with Islamists on every side and absolute chaos and uncertainty in the region, a two state solution simply could not happen in the next few years. That would result with the Taliban next door, which would be an untenable situation for Israel and the world. That is an objective judgement that pretty much stands to reason, regardless of Israeli leadership... it's not a flat refusal to commit to the concept of a two state solution.

(04-19-2015 11:20 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  Dismantle the militant arm of HAMAS and watch the world come to your needs.

Several years ago, I said to someone from the region that if there was to be peace in the region, the first thing to be done is to eradicate HAMAS. I may just as well have said that if you want to set your hair on fire, you should start by lighting the hair of your kids on fire. He had no interest in peace and his calm, disinterested reaction showed how disinterested he was in the proposition of peace, or an equitable solution, or anything of the kind.

Do not underestimate the ability of the Palestinians to make disastrous decisions (at least in our perception) on matters that relate to religious dogma.

From January, 2013, Israel offered to absorb 270,000 Palestinians from Syria, including those in Yarmouk, provided that those refugees agree to forgo the "right of return" (which itself would be demographic suicide for Israel, should it ever agree to it).

Abbas rejects Israeli offer to allow refugees from Syria to enter West Bank and Gaza | The Times of Israel

http://www.timesofisrael.com/abbas-rejec...-and-gaza/ Wrote:Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas rejected an Israeli offer to allow Palestinian refugees fleeing Syria to enter the Palestinian territories on condition that they forgo their “right of return” to Israel proper, Abbas told the Egyptian press on Wednesday evening.

The consequences of Abbas's political move? Aside from boiling weeds and eating dogs and cats (both Haram to Muslims),

Yarmouk refugees describe ISIS raid on Syrian camp - CNN.com

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/13/middleeast...s-shubert/ Wrote:Besieged and bombed by Syrian forces for more than two years, the desperate residents of this Palestinian refugee camp near Damascus awoke in early April to a new, even more terrifying reality -- ISIS militants seizing Yarmouk after defeating several militia groups operating in the area. "They slaughtered them in the streets," one Yarmouk resident, who asked not to be named, told CNN. "They (caught) three people and killed them in the street, in front of people. The Islamic State is now in control of almost all the camp." An estimated 18,000 refugees are now trapped inside Yarmouk, stuck between ISIS and Syrian regime forces in "the deepest circle of hell," in the words of U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.
04-19-2015 09:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.