UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What's next for Alabama transfer Devin Mitchell?
WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
MyBB What's next for Alabama transfer Devin Mitchell?
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/...ansfe.html

He also wouldn't mind heading up Interstate 20 and staying in the 205 area code, if given the opportunity.

UAB was in Mitchell's top five among a group of finalists that also included Georgia, Ole Miss, Kansas State Wake Forest and Cincinnati when he committed to Alabama in August 2013.

"I wouldn't mind talking to them again," Mitchell said.

He's knows several players on the team, including William "Haha" Lee, Jarvis Calhoun, Tyler Madison, center Tosin Mehinti and Chris Cokley.

It might also be a good fit on the court for both parties. The Blazers will be looking to replace leading-scorer shooting guard Robert Brown, following his senior season in 2015-2016. Mitchell could find himself in the mix to start as a redshirt sophomore.

"(UAB) Coach (Jerod) Haase was cool. He was real cool. I felt like we had a really, really good relationship. I really had a good relationship with coach (Rob) Ehsan, coach (Richie) Riley, who's at Clemson now," Mitchell said. "I had a really good relationship with all their staff coach (Jeff) Wulbrun as well. I was really close to going there but with Justin (Coleman) and Riley (Norris) coming here (to Alabama. ... UAB was in that top two, three, four or five, too. But we all wanted to play together but Alabama gave us that opportunity and it was hard to turn down the SEC."

Banned by Alabama from going anywhere in the SEC and prepared to sit out next season under the NCAA's transfer rules, he's looking to land at a school where he spread his wings offensively.
04-15-2015 09:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
RE: What's next for Alabama transfer Devin Mitchell?
He would be a great addition, and would help balance the classes out. I wonder if we will take a look?
04-15-2015 10:11 AM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
Without clicking the link: that piece is by Birdsong, isn't it?
04-15-2015 10:28 AM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Yes. Obviously you recognize his "style".
04-15-2015 11:08 AM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Wow. We were in his top two, three, four and five?

Birdsong fails at simple elementary grammar.

Quote:Georgia State, winners of the past two Sun Belt Conference titles, and one of the feel-good stories of this year's NCAA tournament were the first school to offer the 6-foot-4, 182-pound shooting guard as a 10th-grader at nearby Collins High School.

Georgia State is the subject. It is singular. Therefore, the verb should be was, not were.

Quote: He's knows...

What?

Quote:The Blazers will be looking to replace leading-scorer shooting guard Robert Brown, following his senior season in 2015-2016.

So birdsong already knows that Brown will be the leading scorer next year? Can he tell us what our record will be or what conference we are heading to?
(This post was last modified: 04-15-2015 06:23 PM by Memphis Blazer.)
04-15-2015 06:15 PM
Advertisement

uab278 Offline
All American

Johnson sounds like a jerk running a kid off like that. I understand this happens all of the time, but the guy basically has no recruiting experience. I truly hope UAT is wasting 3 million on him.
04-15-2015 06:22 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Avery has not developed any college player into an NBA capable player.
04-15-2015 07:19 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Johnson has been developing relationships with recruits in Texas for several years. He is clearing space to bring them in. At the amount he is being paid, he is going to be expected to win immediately. He isn't going to be given the luxury of waiting for Grants players to move on.

He hosted parties for Texas A&M recruits where his son played. As a players dad he could do things legally that he probably can't as a coach. I suspect that is about to pay off in recruiting at Bama.

It may not be fair to those players he is replacing, but when you are paying 3 mil a year, you expect results. Can't say I disagree
04-15-2015 07:36 PM
bigpoppablazer Offline
1st String

(04-15-2015 06:22 PM)uab278 Wrote:  Johnson sounds like a jerk running a kid off like that. I understand this happens all of the time, but the guy basically has no recruiting experience. I truly hope UAT is wasting 3 million on him.

The fact that he is the third highest paid coach in the SEC and has never coached a college game is the definition of wasting money.
04-15-2015 10:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.