Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Twitter- UConn talks with Big East
BE4neva Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Providence
https://twitter.com/SammyAlbano

So @UConnHuskies calling @BIGEAST presidents 4 an audience bout membership in #BigEast #AmericanAthleticConference @KevinMcNamara33
8:34 PM - 14 Apr 2015

Not exactly a nobody or wv basement rumor guy.....
04-14-2015 10:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
RE: Twitter- UConn talks with Big East
(04-14-2015 10:40 PM)BE4neva Wrote:  https://twitter.com/SammyAlbano

So @UConnHuskies calling @BIGEAST presidents 4 an audience bout membership in #BigEast #AmericanAthleticConference @KevinMcNamara33

I thought you were telling us yesterday about UConn to the Big Ten rumors....?
04-14-2015 10:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
There goes our one win in football
04-14-2015 10:42 PM
He1nousOne Offline
The One you Love to Hate.

I Root For: Iowa/ASU
(04-14-2015 10:42 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  There goes our one win in football

What, you wouldn't let them be just football members? The Big East doesn't have football.
(This post was last modified: 04-14-2015 10:43 PM by He1nousOne.)
04-14-2015 10:43 PM
BE4neva Offline
Water Engineer

(04-14-2015 10:43 PM)BE4neva Wrote:  
(04-14-2015 10:41 PM)TerryD Wrote:  
(04-14-2015 10:40 PM)BE4neva Wrote:  https://twitter.com/SammyAlbano

I thought you were telling us yesterday about UConn to the Big Ten rumors....?

It seems that there are UConn rumors everywhere. I'm not making them up...maybe you should just worry about trashing hockey east and being extremely arrogant to college sports besides golden domers, don't be jealous other schools exist and are trying to go places.
04-14-2015 10:45 PM
BE4neva Offline
Water Engineer

(04-14-2015 10:43 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  

What, you wouldn't let them be just football members? The Big East doesn't have football.

I imagine that UConn would remain in the ACC in football and give the league a deal for OOC bball games to smooth things over.

Not to long ago there was talk that if UConn got the B1G invite they were aiming for that they would imediately leave the AAC in bball to pay heritage to the Big East and play with them right before they move to the B1G for a year. Supposedly it's a setemintal idea that's been floated. They feel they need the AAC until they don't and then once they get the golden ticket, f it basically.
04-14-2015 10:48 PM
Advertisement

Pony94 Offline

(04-14-2015 10:48 PM)BE4neva Wrote:  

I imagine that UConn would remain in the ACC in football and give the league a deal for OOC bball games to smooth things over.

Not to long ago there was talk that if UConn got the B1G invite they were aiming for that they would imediately leave the AAC in bball to pay heritage to the Big East and play with them right before they move to the B1G for a year. Supposedly it's a setemintal idea that's been floated. They feel they need the AAC until they don't and then once they get the golden ticket, f it basically.

I'm happy they made it to the ACC
04-14-2015 10:50 PM
BE4neva Offline
Water Engineer

(04-14-2015 10:50 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  

Clearly a typo. Sorry that such a simple error bothers you so much. Let me know when your logo gets a forth leg since we are being perfect about everything. Maybe that's why SMU football is where it's at today. Your horse only has 3 legs. What's worse? A simple typo on a message board or a hore missing a leg? Call PITA maybe? Fun times, go pick on somebody who's as small and mentally dim as yourself. Leave the CR conversations for people who want to have them and enjoy the banter clown butt.
04-14-2015 10:54 PM
Pony94 Offline

(04-14-2015 10:54 PM)BE4neva Wrote:  

Clearly a typo. Sorry that such a simple error bothers you so much. Let me know when your logo gets a forth leg since we are being perfect about everything. Maybe that's why SMU football is where it's at today. Your horse only has 3 legs. What's worse? A simple typo on a message board or a hore missing a leg? Call PITA maybe? Fun times, go pick on somebody who's as small and mentally dim as yourself. Leave the CR conversations for people who want to have them and enjoy the banter clown butt.

My horse is missing a leg so call PETA
04-14-2015 10:56 PM
BE4neva Offline
Water Engineer

(04-14-2015 10:56 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  
(04-14-2015 10:54 PM)BE4neva Wrote:  
(04-14-2015 10:43 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  What, you wouldn't let them be just football members? The Big East doesn't have football.

My horse is missing a leg so call PETA

Perfect, you found the mistake again and you can't get over it. You are hitlers Internet cabinet chief and those little whale logos on rich kid pants wrapped into one. COGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGS
04-14-2015 11:01 PM
ohio1317 Offline

I Root For: Ohio State
Anybody know more about this guy? Looked through his twitter account for a bit, but don't get much feel. I don't think this is particularly likely, but theoretically, maybe you could join the Big East and have football be independent (might be considered easier path to power conference down the line).
04-14-2015 11:17 PM
Advertisement

NoDak Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UND
The B1G will invite Ariz St and UConn as associate members in hockey. Neither are AAU members. Rutgers is not adding hockey soon and the B1G wants a hockey presence in NYC and some games in MSG.

UConn will be emboldened with a B1G affiation, and will move other sports back to the Big East. St Louis will be invited too. FB stays in the AAC.
04-14-2015 11:18 PM
ohio1317 Offline

(04-14-2015 11:18 PM)NoDak Wrote:  The B1G will invite Ariz St and UConn as associate members in hockey. Neither are AAU members. Rutgers is not adding hockey soon and the B1G wants a hockey presence in NYC and some games in MSG.

UConn will be emboldened with a B1G affiation, and will move other sports back to the Big East. St Louis will be invited too. FB stays in the AAC.

I doubt the American would let UConn take it's basketball somewhere else and just stay on as a football affiliate. While they would still probably be a net positive for the conference in football (market wise they bring something valuable), I don't think they are positive enough that the American would let them stick around after they just joined a rival basketball conference that the American leaders certainly consider their peer.

It's like when a coach announces they are leaving. If they are an assistant moving up to a head coach somewhere else, you might let them stay for the bowl. If your head coach is going to be a head coach somewhere else though, you don't ever let him stay.

All that said, this is probably nothing.
04-14-2015 11:27 PM
chargeradio Offline
Vamos Morados

I Root For: ALA, KY, USA
. . . and The American would stay at an even 10 members in all sports but football.

If St. Louis leaves the A-10, things get a bit interesting as the A-10 would have 13 members, all east of Indianapolis. Would they turn to the CAA for a refill with Northeastern or College of Charleston? Could Quinnipiac or Manhattan be in play from the MAAC?
04-14-2015 11:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BE4neva Offline
Water Engineer

(04-14-2015 11:40 PM)chargeradio Wrote:  . . . and The American would stay at an even 10 members in all sports but football.

If St. Louis leaves the A-10, things get a bit interesting as the A-10 would have 13 members, all east of Indianapolis. Would they turn to the CAA for a refill with Northeastern or College of Charleston? Could Quinnipiac or Manhattan be in play from the MAAC?

Maybe UMass to the AAC? A. Whole chain of events? A minor shakeup?
04-14-2015 11:41 PM
BE4neva Offline
Water Engineer

My sources have come forward with info. UConn to the BE for Lax in 2018. Done deal. See my post on the Big East hoard for more info.
04-15-2015 12:08 AM
Advertisement

chargeradio Offline
Vamos Morados

I Root For: ALA, KY, USA
If UMass moves that gives the AAC 11 - there would be no point in that unless if UConn had other arrangements for football. If UConn football remains in the American, the AAC could theoretically bag both Wichita State and VCU. Wichita State may be looking if Missouri State and UAB effectively swap conferences and Missouri State upgrades to FBS. VCU and St. Louis leaving the A-10 puts them at 12; I doubt they go back to 14.

If Missouri State leaves, it allows Murray State to move to the MVC and MVFC as the replacement for the Bears. Belmont and UAB would then come on as #11 and #12. This then pushes the OVC down to 10, which should get them to stay put unless if the Horizon League decides to take SIUE. If that happens I'm not sure who the OVC goes after as they would have 8 in football (Morehead State is non-scholarship) and 9 overall.
04-15-2015 12:08 AM
Stay Cool Offline
The Masked Moderator

I Root For: NIU, tOSU, UC
(04-15-2015 12:08 AM)chargeradio Wrote:  If UMass moves that gives the AAC 11 - there would be no point in that unless if UConn had other arrangements for football. If UConn football remains in the American, the AAC could theoretically bag both Wichita State and VCU. Wichita State may be looking if Missouri State and UAB effectively swap conferences and Missouri State upgrades to FBS. VCU and St. Louis leaving the A-10 puts them at 12; I doubt they go back to 14.

If Missouri State leaves, it allows Murray State to move to the MVC and MVFC as the replacement for the Bears. Belmont and UAB would then come on as #11 and #12. This then pushes the OVC down to 10, which should get them to stay put unless if the Horizon League decides to take SIUE. If that happens I'm not sure who the OVC goes after as they would have 8 in football (Morehead State is non-scholarship) and 9 overall.
Unless they bring NIU too =p
04-15-2015 12:10 AM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(04-14-2015 11:41 PM)BE4neva Wrote:  
(04-14-2015 11:40 PM)chargeradio Wrote:  . . . and The American would stay at an even 10 members in all sports but football.

Maybe UMass to the AAC? A. Whole chain of events? A minor shakeup?

Lol...no. UMass wouldn't be going to AAC. The AAC headquarters is moving from Providence to Dallas. I doubt we would worry much about retaining a far northeastern presence. We'd probably let Temple be the northeastern most school and fill in the footprint elsewhere.
04-15-2015 12:53 AM
ohio1317 Offline

In lacrosse. That makes much more sense.
04-15-2015 12:57 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.