Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

QB Mike White to WKU
Bookmark and Share
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: USF
QB Mike White to WKU
Topper fans. You're getting a good QB. He was by far our best qb last year but when we switched to a zone read heavy spread he did not fit. He's a pure drop drop back passer with an oustanding arm. I thought he could be the guy at USF and he'll be missed. Singlehandedly brought us back against Tulsa and SMU and I wish him well. Threw for over 2,700 yds at USF. Best wishes with Mike White. Quinton Flowers better work out for us or this will be a bone headed move by our coaching staff letting him go.
04-11-2015 09:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
RE: QB Mike White to WKU
(04-11-2015 09:31 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  Topper fans. You're getting a good QB. He was by far our best qb last year but when we switched to a zone read heavy spread he did not fit. He's a pure drop drop back passer with an oustanding arm. I thought he could be the guy at USF and he'll be missed. Singlehandedly brought us back against Tulsa and SMU and I wish him well. Threw for over 2,700 yds at USF. Best wishes with Mike White. Quinton Flowers better work out for us or this will be a bone headed move by our coaching staff letting him go.

Good to hear! He has big shoes to fill after this season and I hope he jumps right in and takes off.
04-11-2015 10:07 PM
Saint Greg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
And he's a pretty good basketball coach. Thanks for the near heart attack, bulls fan....and thanks for paying the other half of our football coaches salary.
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2015 11:45 PM by Saint Greg.)
04-11-2015 11:41 PM
NanoDawg Offline
1st String

I Root For: LaTech
lmao - it is only 5:45AM and the tittle gave me a mini stroke.
04-12-2015 04:54 AM
CyrusJS Offline
2nd String

QB Mike White to WKU
This is great news. Means only a little drop off at the QB position when Doughty Leaves next year. Makes WKU a contender for the East for at least two extra years.
04-12-2015 11:58 AM
Advertisement

WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I don't know if I would go that far...

while his tools looks good it's always comes down to decision making in a wide open system. The difference in a 5 to 10 yard gain leading up to a 400 yard night and a few pick 6 and a 50% competition rate is making the right read...under pressure.

That's yet to be seen. But it looks like the kid has good tools...throwing and footwork
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2015 01:06 PM by WKUYG.)
04-12-2015 01:05 PM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

Thanks Taggart! Should be good for him to sit out this season and learn from BD....I like the fact he has same independent QB coach as Doughty does now...
04-13-2015 08:29 AM
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

Google the highlights from the USF games against SMU and Tulsa. I think he threw for about 270 yards in the second half against Tulsa to bring us back from 20 down (after an admittedly bad first half). We ended up winning by 8.

By the way, why can't Taggart get it rolling at USF. He's put all his eggs in the Quinton Flowers basket at QB. Flowers is a very mobile quarterback that supposedly fits this transition to a spread and zone read attack that he is transitioning to. His power offense sucked the first 2 years. He has brought in the #1 AAC recruiting classes every year, but time is very short for him to get it rolling. He's on a very short leash this year and needs a bowl game or he's out.
04-13-2015 10:58 AM
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-12-2015 04:54 AM)NanoDawg Wrote:  lmao - it is only 5:45AM and the tittle gave me a mini stroke.

LOL. That's why I put "QB" Mike White to WKU, because I knew there was a coach of the same name.
04-13-2015 11:02 AM
Advertisement

WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

(04-13-2015 10:58 AM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  Google the highlights from the USF games against SMU and Tulsa. I think he threw for about 270 yards in the second half against Tulsa to bring us back from 20 down (after an admittedly bad first half). We ended up winning by 8.

By the way, why can't Taggart get it rolling at USF. He's put all his eggs in the Quinton Flowers basket at QB. Flowers is a very mobile quarterback that supposedly fits this transition to a spread and zone read attack that he is transitioning to. His power offense sucked the first 2 years. He has brought in the #1 AAC recruiting classes every year, but time is very short for him to get it rolling. He's on a very short leash this year and needs a bowl game or he's out.

I appreciate what WT did at WKU and to this day miss his colorful responses and one liners...Can tell writers at WKU miss him too, because he was always good for a great quote every day...

However his X's and O's were not the best, my picture of WKU's offense during his days was our QB staring at his play list on his arm until about 2 seconds left on play clock and then calling a timeout....We had good talent and got by but IMO Taggart was never a great X's and O's coach...He also won at WKU with a lot of previous coaches players too, while he did bring in some talent, seemed like core guys were from previous coaches guys....I will always appreciate though what he did at WKU though....Just was always hesitant on whether or not he could get it done down there....Hopefully this season he can finally turn the corner, will be rooting for him..
04-13-2015 11:53 AM
BlueRaiderBoy Offline
All American

I Root For: MTSU
Think there was some off-the -record discussions between Taggart and Brohm before the announcement about QB White becoming the new "Arm" at WKU after the present QB runs out of Eligibility? I think so! Sounds like a very smart move for Western.
04-13-2015 01:58 PM
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-13-2015 11:53 AM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  
(04-13-2015 10:58 AM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  Google the highlights from the USF games against SMU and Tulsa. I think he threw for about 270 yards in the second half against Tulsa to bring us back from 20 down (after an admittedly bad first half). We ended up winning by 8.

I appreciate what WT did at WKU and to this day miss his colorful responses and one liners...Can tell writers at WKU miss him too, because he was always good for a great quote every day...

However his X's and O's were not the best, my picture of WKU's offense during his days was our QB staring at his play list on his arm until about 2 seconds left on play clock and then calling a timeout....We had good talent and got by but IMO Taggart was never a great X's and O's coach...He also won at WKU with a lot of previous coaches players too, while he did bring in some talent, seemed like core guys were from previous coaches guys....I will always appreciate though what he did at WKU though....Just was always hesitant on whether or not he could get it done down there....Hopefully this season he can finally turn the corner, will be rooting for him..

Wow. You just described USF's offense exactly the past 2 years. QB stares at wristband the whole time and tries to get play off with 2 seconds or less.
04-13-2015 03:03 PM
Jack Bauer Offline
1st String

(04-13-2015 03:03 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  
(04-13-2015 11:53 AM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  

Wow. You just described USF's offense exactly the past 2 years. QB stares at wristband the whole time and tries to get play off with 2 seconds or less.

WT did the same thing at WKU with his QB. The fans were hating that he kept playing this same QB even though he sucked.
I lily we had a dominate oline and was able to run the ball down everyone's throat.
04-13-2015 04:09 PM
Advertisement

FAUAEPi Offline
1st String

I Root For: FAU
Mike White is a solid player. He's played well for USF when the Bulls were desperate for direction after the Bobby Evald experiment went downhill. I feel bad for the kid. He's a local prospect out of (Tampa) Jesuit (just blocks away from RayJay) who beat Miami in OT in his first game, and later would lead the Bulls to beat Clemson in a bowl game. I feel like too much pressure was put on his shoulders. Mike White was coached by former FAU RB and current national powerhouse St. Thomas Aquinas HC Roger Harriett at (Plantation) University School down here in South Florida. Just like Evald, he came in and brought some stability to a struggling USF offense. His first major game, he lead the Bulls to a near upset over rival UCF in Orlando. I also feel as if he had too much pressure on his shoulders. Hopefully for USF, Quinton Flowers from (Miami) Jackson can be the offensive leader that USF has been begging for since Matt Grothe and (freshman year) BJ Daniels.

Looks like the 'Toppers will have plenty years of great QB play ahead.
04-13-2015 04:41 PM
HogDawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LA Tech

I don't mean to rain on your (or more specifically, WKU's) parade, but you DO KNOW that both SMU & Tulsa sucked BIG TIME last year, right?
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2015 05:47 PM by HogDawg.)
04-13-2015 05:44 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

For those who said Willie wasn't a good X&O coach....

2-10
0-12
2-10 WT
7-5 WT
7-5 WT

The great X & O Bobby Pertrino won 8 games and made just as many coaching mistakes as Willie

The west coast offense has 5 or 6 different sets on each play so it takes time for the QB to get it and that's why it took so long to get the plays ran. Midway through the 2nd season that wasn't a problem.

Kawaun Jakes completed 64% of his passes 2488 yards, 8 Y/A QB rating of 147
Brandon Doughty competed 69% of his passes 8.8 Y/A QB rating of 167

So anyone that says Jakes was awful is a idiot maybe not as good as someone that broke all kinds of records last year but still far from awful

As for winning with other coaches talent...that goes for BP and now JB. Willie brought in more than enough talent or neither of those coaches would have won
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2015 06:05 PM by WKUYG.)
04-13-2015 05:54 PM
Jack Bauer Offline
1st String

(04-13-2015 05:54 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  For those who said Willie wasn't a good X&O coach....

2-10
0-12
2-10 WT
7-5 WT
7-5 WT

The great X & O Bobby Pertrino won 8 games and made just as many coaching mistakes as Willie

The west coast offense has 5 or 6 different sets on each play so it takes time for the QB to get it and that's why it took so long to get the plays ran. Midway through the 2nd season that wasn't a problem.

So anyone that says Jakes was awful is a idiot maybe not as good as someone that broke all kinds of records last year but still far from awful

As for winning with other coaches talent...that goes for BP and now JB. Willie brought in more than enough talent or neither of those coaches would have won
The mighty Kuwaan jakes lost his job second game of the season because he sucked so bad. He woulda lost it for good if BD didn't tear his acl. Jakes was an awful QB till his final year, and didn't have bd breathing down his neck, where he was an ok game manager. You are hilarious with how you go around calling people idiots, I'm sure you were one of the people begging wt to get him out of there. it was wt who was calling the plays and making the QB wait till the last second to try and get the play off. I'm on the sidelines most games and saw it up close. It was horrible time and game management by wt. It looks like he still hasn't gotten better at usf.
04-13-2015 07:32 PM
Advertisement

BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-13-2015 05:44 PM)HogDawg Wrote:  

I don't mean to rain on your (or more specifically, WKU's) parade, but you DO KNOW that both SMU & Tulsa sucked BIG TIME last year, right?

Yes. I know that but White still played outstanding in those games (and a few others)
04-13-2015 07:51 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

(04-13-2015 07:32 PM)Jack Bauer Wrote:  
(04-13-2015 05:54 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  For those who said Willie wasn't a good X&O coach....

2-10
0-12
2-10 WT
7-5 WT
7-5 WT

The mighty Kuwaan jakes lost his job second game of the season because he sucked so bad. He woulda lost it for good if BD didn't tear his acl. Jakes was an awful QB till his final year, and didn't have bd breathing down his neck, where he was an ok game manager. You are hilarious with how you go around calling people idiots, I'm sure you were one of the people begging wt to get him out of there. it was wt who was calling the plays and making the QB wait till the last second to try and get the play off. I'm on the sidelines most games and saw it up close. It was horrible time and game management by wt. It looks like he still hasn't gotten better at usf.

If you think the stats I posted for Jakes last season is awful...

it shows who the idiot really is. Sure I wanted a QB change in Jakes Jr season but again that team won 7 games so something went right. But I will repeat..

to say Jakes Sr season was AWFUL it shows who the idiot really is. Honestly your whole post sounds like someone that got their feelings hurt. No where did I say it wasn't Willie calling the plays...

what I said was there's 5 or 6 different sets on each play called and it takes time for a QB to learn them and the call. If you were on the sidelines you should know this...
04-13-2015 08:24 PM
Jack Bauer Offline
1st String

(04-13-2015 08:24 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  
(04-13-2015 07:32 PM)Jack Bauer Wrote:  

2-10
0-12
2-10 WT
7-5 WT
7-5 WT

If you think the stats I posted for Jakes last season is awful...

it shows who the idiot really is. Sure I wanted a QB change in Jakes Jr season but again that team won 7 games so something went right. But I will repeat..

to say Jakes Sr season was AWFUL it shows who the idiot really is. Honestly your whole post sounds like someone that got their feelings hurt. No where did I say it wasn't Willie calling the plays...

what I said was there's 5 or 6 different sets on each play called and it takes time for a QB to learn them and the call. If you were on the sidelines you should know this...

Can you read? I highly doubt that if you can't see that I said 'till his final year.' He was horrendous until his final year. He should have never been given the starting job back or even kept it through his jr year. At no other school would that have been allowed. It was cause WT just wanted to keep with his guy. If BD wouldn't have gotten hurt Jakes would have never had a sr season. It wasn't jakes taking so long calling the plays it was WT who couldn't make up his mind deciding what o coordinator to listen to and make up his mind. I was happy WT was at WKU but I'm just commenting how he hasn't changed and gotten better.
04-14-2015 12:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.