Unionman76 Online
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
Rolling Stone Tickets - Nashville
the rolling stone concert tickets are available for the nashville show

from $250 to $2500 per ticket

i think i will pass on this show

http://www.rollingstones.com/tickets/
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2015 01:07 PM by Unionman76.)
04-10-2015 01:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tiger46 Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
RE: Rolling Stone Tickets - Nashville
(04-10-2015 01:01 PM)Unionman76 Wrote:  the rolling stone concert tickets are available for the nashville show

from $250 to $2500 per ticket

i think i will pass on this show

http://www.rollingstones.com/tickets/

$250+ here in Dallas too. The Who are a bit more reasonable at $159

I think I paid $50 to see the Stones at the Liberty Bowl in 94. Great show.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2015 01:41 PM by Tiger46.)
04-10-2015 01:41 PM
downsouth Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tiger Football
Nashville.

GROSS.
04-11-2015 05:53 PM
oldmangrizz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: free love
I've seen every artist/group I ever wanted to see, including the Stones. I wouldn't pay that kind of money to see anyone again but Jimi.
04-12-2015 09:21 AM
Advertisement

tiger-viper Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
that's crazy. i paid $100 to see paul mccartney at the forum. it was up top, but it was one of the best shows i've ever seen. one beatle > the rolling stones. the groups i'd pay that kind of money to see is zeppelin with john bonham and the beach boys with carl and dennis wilson.
04-12-2015 10:12 AM
21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MEMPHIS BY DAMN
Paul McCartney's concert was so good that I wish I had paid four times what I did to be on the floor. Most amazing concert I have ever seen, except for the two Beatles concerts in the Coliseum in the 1960's.
04-13-2015 01:32 PM
oldmangrizz Offline
Hall of Famer

Concerts were cheap in my days. Pink Floyd, Cream, Doors, Jefferson Airplane, Janis, and Jimi.....every one $5 or less. It's hard for me to wrap my head around concert ticket prices nowadays. I paid $25 to see Dave Mason last Nov. at BPAC. That's the most I ever paid for a concert.
04-13-2015 02:33 PM
Advertisement

BinghamptonNed Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(04-13-2015 02:33 PM)oldmangrizz Wrote:  Concerts were cheap in my days. Pink Floyd, Cream, Doors, Jefferson Airplane, Janis, and Jimi.....every one $5 or less. It's hard for me to wrap my head around concert ticket prices nowadays. I paid $25 to see Dave Mason last Nov. at BPAC. That's the most I ever paid for a concert.

Concerts are not cheap anymore.

1) The musicians make money on ticket sales, not record sales, so they have to make sure they make money on concerts

2) Supply and demand. Older groups have older fans who have more money and they are able/willing to pay more than teenagers. What used to happen was the concert would sell out in an hour, then ticket resellers would resell the tickets at a huge profit and the groups got nothing out of the markup --now they attempt to capture that money by charging a mint for the good seats themselves then charging less and less as the seats get less desirable -- still many tickets are expensive and far away --because fans are willing to pay.

There is no such thing as an over priced, sold out show. 03-idea
04-14-2015 11:30 AM
oldmangrizz Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-14-2015 11:30 AM)BinghamptonNed Wrote:  
(04-13-2015 02:33 PM)oldmangrizz Wrote:  Concerts were cheap in my days. Pink Floyd, Cream, Doors, Jefferson Airplane, Janis, and Jimi.....every one $5 or less. It's hard for me to wrap my head around concert ticket prices nowadays. I paid $25 to see Dave Mason last Nov. at BPAC. That's the most I ever paid for a concert.

1) The musicians make money on ticket sales, not record sales, so they have to make sure they make money on concerts

2) Supply and demand. Older groups have older fans who have more money and they are able/willing to pay more than teenagers. What used to happen was the concert would sell out in an hour, then ticket resellers would resell the tickets at a huge profit and the groups got nothing out of the markup --now they attempt to capture that money by charging a mint for the good seats themselves then charging less and less as the seats get less desirable -- still many tickets are expensive and far away --because fans are willing to pay.

I understand all that. Originally, concerts were done to support the sales of a group's latest album. Everything cost more nowadays. I was just commenting about the stark contrast between then and now. I just wouldn't pay those prices for a concert. Even with inflation, I suspect the prices now are way out of line with the past.
04-14-2015 12:37 PM
Tiger46 Online
Hall of Famer

(04-14-2015 12:37 PM)oldmangrizz Wrote:  
(04-14-2015 11:30 AM)BinghamptonNed Wrote:  

I understand all that. Originally, concerts were done to support the sales of a group's latest album. Everything cost more nowadays. I was just commenting about the stark contrast between then and now. I just wouldn't pay those prices for a concert. Even with inflation, I suspect the prices now are way out of line with the past.

Supply and demand are huge. I was willing to pay almost double for Fleetwood Mac in Dallas (wife's birthday and Stevie Nicks is her favorite) and couldn't find a ticket. To my good fortune they cancelled in Little Rock and I was able to find a few for their rescheduled show.

Still working on tickets for The Who.

We are thinking about going to San Francisco for AC/DC.

The prices are ridiculous, but like someone above said, these are the masters of our time. A McCartney show is magical.
(This post was last modified: 04-15-2015 09:37 AM by Tiger46.)
04-15-2015 09:36 AM
Advertisement

Tiger46 Online
Hall of Famer

I bit for The Who May 2 in Dallas. Got a better deal on Stub Hub than Ticketmaster, amazing how that works.

Trying to surprise the wife and work out a trip to San Francisco to see AC/DC at AT&T ballpark. cheap flights, decent prices for the concert.
04-24-2015 11:46 AM
TigerBill Offline
Imperator Optimus Maximus

I Root For: Liberation

Donators
When was the last good Stones album? 1978. For $2500 I could fly to England and see Status Quo.
04-24-2015 02:53 PM
mapdude Offline
Enthusiastically Ambivalant

I Root For: U of Memphis

DonatorsDonators
My cuz paid $250 a seat for front row center CSN&Y years ago. It was worth it. I got to hear the show from their amps and not the PA system. Only reason it was worth it was because he paid for it. He wanted to go real bad....I have passed on many a show with the prices now-a days.
04-24-2015 09:52 PM
Advertisement

21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MEMPHIS BY DAMN
I went to see Dickey Betts in Sarasota last year. My ticket was about $75. Just wish I had taken a couple extra. This woman offered me $400 for a ticket outside the venue. I was tempted to sell mine but.....noooooo.

I figure at this stage in life, it's either my last run around the block or the last run around the block for most of the artists I love, so catch 'em while you CAN!
04-25-2015 07:11 PM
Tiger46 Online
Hall of Famer

(04-25-2015 07:11 PM)21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha Wrote:  I went to see Dickey Betts in Sarasota last year. My ticket was about $75. Just wish I had taken a couple extra. This woman offered me $400 for a ticket outside the venue. I was tempted to sell mine but.....noooooo.

I figure at this stage in life, it's either my last run around the block or the last run around the block for most of the artists I love, so catch 'em while you CAN!

That is my logic in paying some of these ticket prices. I said that about the Stones and McCartney in Memphis in 94. Still playing and I'm still paying.
04-26-2015 07:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.