Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rolling Stone To Retract And Scrub Botched Rape Story…
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
Rolling Stone To Retract And Scrub Botched Rape Story…
[Image: zwuad.jpg]

The lies from feminist leftists caused untold trouble and will the lies that the Rolling Stone published cause anyone to lose their job or be punished in anyway? Of course not. Libs can do no wrong or their media partners.

Quote:The author of Rolling Stone’s discredited “A Rape on Campus” story, Sabrina Rubin Erderly, will apologize Sunday in conjunction with the release of the Columbia Journalism School’s external review of the erroneous story, according to media reports.

Rolling Stone will also pull the story from its site and put Columbia’s review in its place, Brian Stelter reported Sunday on CNN’s “Reliable Sources.” The decision to take the story down is a fairly unprecedented step in the digital media era.

The reportedly 12,000-word review is expected to be a damning piece that places fault in all corners of Rolling Stone for errors made in the reporting and storytelling process for the campus rape story, published in November. Rolling Stone will also be taking responsibility for its errors, Stelter reported.

The review will be authored by Columbia Journalism School Dean Steve Coll. It is expected to be published on the Columbia Journalism Review’s website as well as on Rolling Stone’s site.

In March, police in Charlottesvile, Virgina issued their investigation’s findings, saying they found no evidence a rape occurred at the University of Virginia on the night in question in 2012.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/rolling-stone...02745.html

Journalistic integrity doesn’t apply.

Quote:Rolling Stone publisher Jann Wenner has decided not to take any disciplinary action against the editors or fact-checkers involved in the discredited story “A Rape on Campus.”

This means no one will be dismissed or suspended as a result of the error-filled story, according to people with direct knowledge of the decision.

Wenner believes the missteps by the magazine’s staff members — from managing editor Will Dana on down — were unintentional, not purposefully deceitful.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/04/05/media/ro...l?iid=Lead
04-06-2015 11:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
RE: Rolling Stone To Retract And Scrub Botched Rape Story…
Mind blowing that no one loses their job over that story.
04-06-2015 11:14 AM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
(04-06-2015 11:14 AM)fsquid Wrote:  Mind blowing that no one loses their job over that story.

This

There will almost certainly be a series of lawsuits and RS will lose.
04-06-2015 11:15 AM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
I hope they pay dearly. Those were strong allegations to not have done their due diligence to verify the facts.
04-06-2015 11:27 AM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

I Root For: Southern Miss
That publication is a complete joke.
04-06-2015 11:44 AM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
The Frat is suing. The RS Insurance Carrier will be writing a substantial check.
04-06-2015 02:35 PM
Advertisement

WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

New Orleans Bowl
(04-06-2015 11:27 AM)mlb Wrote:  I hope they pay dearly. Those were strong allegations to not have done their due diligence to verify the facts.

They didn't do ANY verification of any assertions. Had they done minimal fact checking they would have seen the story was bogus.
04-06-2015 02:37 PM
ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
The severity of the accusation is much, much more important than if it actually happened.

Liberal "journalism" 101. (See "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" "Duke Lacrosse" "Trayvon Martin" etc)
04-06-2015 02:38 PM
South Carolina Duke Offline
Banned

I Root For: James Madison
Yes Virginia,...there is a Santa Claus! Here comes the $$$$$
04-06-2015 02:39 PM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA
(04-06-2015 11:15 AM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  
(04-06-2015 11:14 AM)fsquid Wrote:  Mind blowing that no one loses their job over that story.

This

There will almost certainly be a series of lawsuits and RS will lose.

http://www.rochesterhomepage.net/story/d...mwMwC_zFmA

Quote:The fraternity at the center of a now-discredited Rolling Stone rape article says the story was defamatory and reckless and they are pursuing legal action against the magazine.

Get out the popcorn.
04-06-2015 03:11 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2015 03:57 PM by Redwingtom.)
04-06-2015 03:43 PM
Advertisement

WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

New Orleans Bowl
(04-06-2015 03:43 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Curious...is Bill O'Reilly still employed?

Bill O'Reilly Lied About Witnessing Suicide Of JFK Assassin's Friend, Former Co-Workers Say

If OReilly survived the Sexual Harassment & ***** in the Butt allegations made against him by his former Producer then he's pretty much bullet proof.
04-06-2015 04:21 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
No, it's just that conservative outlets have less outside pressure to remove their hosts. By that I mean, those who watch Fox tend to watch Fox and not CNN/MSNBC/ABC/NBC/etc, so their complaints over removing a Fox anchor won't really affect their viewership. That can't be said on the left, though MSNBC is getting too insular. If someone on CNN messes up, there are just more outlets there to hold their feet to the fire.
04-06-2015 04:54 PM
QuestionSocratic Offline
Banned

I Root For: Buffalo
Here's the writers statement of apology:

Quote: I want to offer my deepest apologies: to Rolling Stone’s readers, to my Rolling Stone editors and colleagues, to the U.V.A. community, and to any victims of sexual assault who may feel fearful as a result of my article.

Note who is not mentioned, the fraternity. I'm sure she will be defended by noting "the U.V.A. community" is inclusive of the fraternity but since the fraternity was singled out, shouldn't they have received at least a direct apology.

Another point, Andrea Mitchell of MSNBC is presenting this story as one which will inflict a chill on women who were raped and may now not come forward. Actually that is a pretty big stretch, but MSNBC gotta do what MSNBC gotta do.
04-06-2015 04:58 PM
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-06-2015 04:58 PM)QuestionSocratic Wrote:  Here's the writers statement of apology:

Quote: I want to offer my deepest apologies: to Rolling Stone’s readers, to my Rolling Stone editors and colleagues, to the U.V.A. community, and to any victims of sexual assault who may feel fearful as a result of my article.

Note who is not mentioned, the fraternity. I'm sure she will be defended by noting "the U.V.A. community" is inclusive of the fraternity but since the fraternity was singled out, shouldn't they have received at least a direct apology.

Another point, Andrea Mitchell of MSNBC is presenting this story as one which will inflict a chill on women who were raped and may now not come forward. Actually that is a pretty big stretch, but MSNBC gotta do what MSNBC gotta do.

Not one word apologizing to those he accused of rape. What a gutless, coward. The fact he wasn't fired tells you all you need to know about that leftist rag.
04-06-2015 05:01 PM
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
Tawana Brawley, over, and over, and over ...

Libs can't prove their points, so they just make chit up.
04-06-2015 05:09 PM
Advertisement

EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

Fraternity plans lawsuit against Rolling Stone over fake UVA rape story

[Image: 16gabmb.jpg]

It is worth noting that in today’s retraction of the UVA gang rape story, Rolling Stone did not apologize to the young men they accused of being rapists. Typical lib scum media.

from NBC News:
Quote:The fraternity at the center of a discredited Rolling Stone article about an alleged gang rape at University of Virginia “plans to pursue all available legal action against the magazine,” it said in a statement. The announcement came a day after the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism released a report finding that the article violated “basic, even routine journalistic practice.”

“The report by Columbia University’s School of Journalism demonstrates the reckless nature in which Rolling Stone researched and failed to verify facts in its article that erroneously accused Phi Kappa Psi of crimes its members did not commit,” Stephen Scipione, President of the Virginia Alpha Chapter of Phi Kappa Psi, said in the statement. “This type of reporting serves as a sad example of a serious decline of journalistic standards.”

“Clearly our fraternity and its members have been defamed, but more importantly we fear this entire episode may prompt some victims to remain in the shadows, fearful to confront their attackers,” Scipione said. “If Rolling Stone wants to play a real role in addressing this problem, it’s time to get serious.”

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/phi-...va-n336541
04-06-2015 05:17 PM
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

WaPo Fact Checker Declares Girl In Rolling Stone UV Hoax Who Fabricated Story About Being Gang-Raped Is The Top Victim…

And what about the guys who were publicly accused of GANG RAPE?

Quote:Erik Wemple, the Washington Post fact checker, identified “Jackie,” the woman who made up a violent gang rape attack by members of a University of Virginia fraternity, as the top victim of the false Rolling Stone story.

After Wemple effectively examines the complete failure of journalistic standards that led Rolling Stone to publish the fake story, he compiles an “inventory” of the victims in the story near the end of his critique.

The list contains who you’d expect — the falsely accused fraternity, the university, the three friends of the woman who made up the story and were portrayed as more interested in their social standing than a friend who’d been violently gang raped. But the top victim, according to Wemple, was “Jackie,” the woman who made it all up.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/04/06/washin...rape-hoax/
04-06-2015 05:26 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
If she had a shred of decency she would leave that job. But, she doesn't because all is justified in the mind's of social justice warrior thugs and losers.
04-06-2015 06:23 PM
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
In the last few months, we've had:

1) The lie of "Hands up, don't shoot".
2) Harry Reid admitting he lied about Mitt Romney, and the slime was proud of it.
3) And now Rolling Stone.

Libs just can't help themselves. They'll lie about *anything*.
04-06-2015 06:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.