UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Conspiracy
TNBLAZERS Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UAB
Conspiracy
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-in-2013/

There was/is a Conspiracy going on here.
I want my money back for the 2014 season tickets that I bought, I have two season tickets, plus the cost of two tickets and expenses to Bowling Green, KY and two tickets and expenses to Murfreesboro.

Do I hire a lawyer here in Tennessee or Alabama? Think I'll do it here in TN, make them come to me...
04-05-2015 12:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BlazrDawg Offline
Heisman

RE: Conspiracy
(04-05-2015 12:44 PM)TNBLAZERS Wrote:  http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-in-2013/

There was/is a Conspiracy going on here.
I want my money back for the 2014 season tickets that I bought, I have two season tickets, plus the cost of two tickets and expenses to Bowling Green, KY and two tickets and expenses to Murfreesboro.

Do I hire a lawyer here in Tennessee or Alabama? Think I'll do it here in TN, make them come to me...

If you used your season tickets this past season, you got to enjoy one of the best years of competitiveness that our football team has had in many years. I think you got your money's worth, as I did. On the other hand, some other tactic to put the BOT/ Watts, (and others?) on the stand in a courtroom might turn out to be very rewarding to all of us Blazer fans.
04-05-2015 01:04 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
A lot of lawyers would take that case, provided you paid in full up front. Because it is a lost case before it starts.
04-05-2015 01:11 PM
TPBlaze84 Offline
1st String

Would be dismissed immediately.
04-05-2015 01:35 PM
nicknitro19 Offline
Special Teams

Coach Clark has a case for a contract done in bad faith.
04-05-2015 03:38 PM
mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-05-2015 03:38 PM)nicknitro19 Wrote:  Coach Clark has a case for a contract done in bad faith.

He was paid every penny of his contract, including any possible post-season bonuses.
04-05-2015 03:47 PM
Advertisement

nicknitro19 Offline
Special Teams

(04-05-2015 03:47 PM)mixduptransistor Wrote:  
(04-05-2015 03:38 PM)nicknitro19 Wrote:  Coach Clark has a case for a contract done in bad faith.

He was paid every penny of his contract, including any possible post-season bonuses.

No, he hasn't they are paying him like they normally would, so he can get his time in the retirement system.
04-05-2015 03:50 PM
mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-05-2015 03:50 PM)nicknitro19 Wrote:  
(04-05-2015 03:47 PM)mixduptransistor Wrote:  

No, he hasn't they are paying him like they normally would, so he can get his time in the retirement system.

That wasn't what was reported earlier. Either way, if they pay him then they are satisfying the contract.
04-05-2015 10:55 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Still damned sleazy, but we already knew that.
04-05-2015 11:14 PM
mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-05-2015 11:14 PM)Smaug Wrote:  Still damned sleazy, but we already knew that.

No doubt. Don't take my stance as agreeing with what happened, but lots of people keep trying to jump on the lawsuit bandwagon but there's little that is actually actionable.
04-05-2015 11:42 PM
UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
It's more that everyone wants to figure out *something* that will stick in court long enough to get a number of people under oath.
04-06-2015 09:21 AM
Advertisement

CajunBlazer Offline
1st String

Unfortunately, while I would love to see Watts and the UA BOT dragged into court and subjected to the full scrutiny of the discovery process, I doubt seriously whether anyone has the standing to file a suit that would not be thrown out almost as soon as it was filed.
04-06-2015 09:40 AM
Rebounder2u Offline
1st String

I Root For: Blazers
I am not familiar with the details of Coach Clarks contract, but I would be surprised if the contract isn't heavy on what ifs, If you win so many games, more money, if you make the conference playoff more money, if you win the conference championship, more money, if you get into the top ten, more money, if you make it to the national play off more money, if you win the national championship, more money.
I submit Coach Clark is due national championship money every year until the contract is fulfilled, If I was advising coach Clark, my advise would be , UAB is in breech of contract, because UAB has taken away his ability to compete for titles and win championships.
By disbanding football UAB took away all incentives included in the contract.
So unless Coach Clarks is being paid like he won the National Championship, in my opinion UAB IS IN BREECH OF CONTRACT.
04-06-2015 11:11 AM
mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-06-2015 11:11 AM)rebounder2u Wrote:  So unless Coach Clarks is being paid like he won the National Championship

I have heard more than once that is precisely how they are "fulfilling" the contract
04-06-2015 11:12 AM
UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

(04-06-2015 11:11 AM)rebounder2u Wrote:  I am not familiar with the details of Coach Clarks contract, but I would be surprised if the contract isn't heavy on what ifs, If you win so many games, more money, if you make the conference playoff more money, if you win the conference championship, more money, if you get into the top ten, more money, if you make it to the national play off more money, if you win the national championship, more money.
I submit Coach Clark is due national championship money every year until the contract is fulfilled, If I was advising coach Clark, my advise would be , UAB is in breech of contract, because UAB has taken away his ability to compete for titles and win championships.
By disbanding football UAB took away all incentives included in the contract.
So unless Coach Clarks is being paid like he won the National Championship, in my opinion UAB IS IN BREECH OF CONTRACT.

Yes. He had incentive clauses. They paid all possible incentives times three seasons. He also bargained for six months pay for his assistants so they were not left wondering where the house payment would come from.

To get that he signed a release, and you can bet it was worded in such a way that he couldn't go back at them, because they knew what had been done to him and he didn't.
04-06-2015 04:34 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
It also brings up the question. If miraculously, football is reinstated and he is brought back, will he owe money back for those incentives?
04-06-2015 04:57 PM
Advertisement

PTBlazer Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UAB, UofA
Not that my opinion is particularly important, but I'd like to say that I believe Coach Clark has handled this entire affair in the finest way possible. He has done it with integrity and class and has represented the University with honor, in a very difficult situation.

I hope his is coaching the Blazers for a very long time, but if not someone is going to get a fine coach and a finer man.

Thank you Coach.
04-06-2015 04:59 PM
UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

Amen.
04-06-2015 05:09 PM
FNblazer Offline
#freeuab

BlazerTalk Award
It was FRW in the Football Building with a Carr report.
04-06-2015 11:37 PM
thebernreuter Offline
in trouble

(04-06-2015 04:57 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  It also brings up the question. If miraculously, football is reinstated and he is brought back, will he owe money back for those incentives?

And if he has to pay the incentives back, does he also regain the ability to sue UAB?
04-07-2015 12:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.