Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2015 JMU MBB Roster
Bookmark and Share
NJDuke97 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jmu
2015 JMU MBB Roster
Article in the DNR yesterday about how things are quiet thus far. Brady said that they will know more at the end of the Spring semester. Dimitri is still a little bit of a question mark. Kevin Roland is slated to join the team in August. Also JMU just offered a Crotian JUCO yesterday Tonko Vuko. He has offers from Nevada, Pacific and a few CUSA teams (Marshall, UT San Antonio, Middle Tennessee).

6'8" 228 2 stars.

http://stats.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2014-...kovukoui9q
04-05-2015 07:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

nyduke Offline
1st String

I Root For: jmu
RE: 2015 JMU MBB Roster
Any news on Dante Sterling. Is he staying despite never playing.
04-05-2015 08:54 AM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
2015 JMU MBB Roster
Great name. Tonko Voku.
We need him just for the name.
04-05-2015 02:33 PM
DoubleDDuke Offline
Heisman

Does Brady have something against Americans?
04-05-2015 02:54 PM
Dukes84 Offline
All American

The referenced Croatian had an official visit to JMU in late March according to what I saw on Rivals. One of the other JUCOs listed also visited in late March as per the verbal commits site. He's also foreign born (Oyediran from England).
04-05-2015 11:29 PM
NJDuke97 Offline
Heisman

I think that PFs with size skills and a motor are hard to find. Even the transfers that are available are mostly guards. I hope that Hari Hall develops a lot and works hard during the offseason- he could be the answer at this position.
04-06-2015 07:13 AM
Advertisement

Dukesfan71 Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU Dukes
Spring signing period starts tomorrow through May 20th. Will we go domestic or international? I am hoping for 12 points and 7 rebounds from whoever it may be.
04-14-2015 09:12 PM
Dukeman Online
Special Teams

Croatia is a hot bed for basketball talent.

Good to see Brady is building relationships there.
04-14-2015 09:17 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(04-14-2015 09:17 PM)Dukeman Wrote:  Croatia is a hot bed for basketball talent.

Good to see Brady is building relationships there.

So is, apparently feceU. Seems we should be recruiting there! Williams from Bird would fit nicely!
04-15-2015 01:06 AM
CISDuke2014 Offline
1st String

Re: RE: 2015 JMU MBB Roster
(04-05-2015 08:54 AM)nyduke Wrote:  Any news on Dante Sterling. Is he staying despite never playing.

I played pick up with him and Serb over the weekend, he seemed happy and said he was looking forward to next year that they going to make a run. To me that implies he'll be back.
04-15-2015 08:45 AM
NJDuke97 Offline
Heisman

BTW Kirmani Jackson signed with Colorado State after his visit the other day. Justin Leon another Juco that JMU had offered signed with LA Tech. Not sure how deep they were with either prospect. Jackson would have been a good get for JMU. Jackson is a top 10 Juco and #2 Juco PF by one ranking service and he has 3 years of eligibility. They are still efforting on a PF to fill Hall's spot. There is a grad student transfer from Wake Forest (Rountree III) who seems like a good student athlete, good defender/high motor guy- that a lot of teams are recruiting JMU included.

With the attrition from year to year in college hoops I think it would be smart to allocate one scholarship each year to a 4 year transfer. They are less likely to leave your program because they already would have used their red shirt and with the right kid they can add some talent/leadership to the program. If you have a pipeline of 1 4 year transfer per year I think its not too reliant on transfers and you can still develop players around them. My formula would be 1 4 year transfer, 1 international (generally more loyal to the program) and a couple of 4 year players- preferably from JMU's geographic footprint. Fill in with a Juco every few years where you need to. You have to assume you lose 1 of the 4 year home grown players to transfer it's just the way of the world. Programs like Louisville, Dayton, Michigan State, etc. are striking this balance effectively.
04-15-2015 09:37 AM
Advertisement

Dukes84 Offline
All American

Of the four JUCOs that had been listed at the verbal commits site, two recently committed (Jackson to CO State and Leon to LA Tech). The two remaining ones are both foreign-born.

2014, not to put you on the spot, but can Sterling play? Very few have ever seen him play, it would seem.
04-15-2015 09:37 AM
CISDuke2014 Offline
1st String

Re: RE: 2015 JMU MBB Roster
(04-15-2015 09:37 AM)Dukes84 Wrote:  Of the four JUCOs that had been listed at the verbal commits site, two recently committed (Jackson to CO State and Leon to LA Tech). The two remaining ones are both foreign-born.

2014, not to put you on the spot, but can Sterling play? Very few have ever seen him play, it would seem.

I mean his shot is on that is for sure. I'd say in the 3 games we played he was shooting over 50% (better then Serb) but again that was against UREC level players. I would say he's a definite role player, providing that shooting spark off the bench. Maybe even a potential starter for us.

On a side note we had 2 guys that Dante and Serb were trying to convince to do a walk on tryout. One would make an amazing backup to Curry if not overtake him (at least with ball handling).
04-15-2015 10:08 AM
Dukes84 Offline
All American

(04-15-2015 09:37 AM)NJDuke97 Wrote:  BTW Kirmani Jackson signed with Colorado State after his visit the other day. Justin Leon another Juco that JMU had offered signed with LA Tech. Not sure how deep they were with either prospect. Jackson would have been a good get for JMU. Jackson is a top 10 Juco and #2 Juco PF by one ranking service and he has 3 years of eligibility. They are still efforting on a PF to fill Hall's spot. There is a grad student transfer from Wake Forest (Rountree III) who seems like a good student athlete, good defender/high motor guy- that a lot of teams are recruiting JMU included.

With the attrition from year to year in college hoops I think it would be smart to allocate one scholarship each year to a 4 year transfer. They are less likely to leave your program because they already would have used their red shirt and with the right kid they can add some talent/leadership to the program. If you have a pipeline of 1 4 year transfer per year I think its not too reliant on transfers and you can still develop players around them. My formula would be 1 4 year transfer, 1 international (generally more loyal to the program) and a couple of 4 year players- preferably from JMU's geographic footprint. Fill in with a Juco every few years where you need to. You have to assume you lose 1 of the 4 year home grown players to transfer it's just the way of the world. Programs like Louisville, Dayton, Michigan State, etc. are striking this balance effectively.

Rountree had something like 8 starts for Wake, but statistically (points, rebounds, assists) is not a particularly impressive player, although he's 6-8 and plays the three. As you say, he perhaps brings defense and intangibles to the table. The Croatian player has very nice stats, but has a number of quality suitors. There's not a ton of info on Oyediran, but I found some video on him and he's got a long wing span, is athletic and can shoot the ball, it would seem. They definitely need to add a quality player up front.
04-17-2015 09:18 AM
NJDuke97 Offline
Heisman

Another immediately eligible player who is kicking the tires is Gielo from Liberty- was a 20 ppg scorer and 6 rebounds a game player this past season. Liberty just had a coaching change. Dielo is from Poland and is a business major. He's 6 '9" and would seem to fit well into the current rotation.
04-17-2015 11:18 AM
Dukes84 Offline
All American

Rountree to Iona as of yesterday.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...r-at-iona/

Gielo, by the way, did not average 20 per game.....something like 12 and 6 when I looked him up.
04-20-2015 12:48 PM
Advertisement

Dukesfan71 Offline
1st String

In regards to Roland, I think he was unable to play this past season. So, even though I am on the high end of the optimistic scale, how is he going to be eligible to play for the Dukes this year?
04-20-2015 01:05 PM
Dukes84 Offline
All American

In order for Roland to be eligible to play this coming season, he's got to make it through the NCAA clearing house, as I understand it.
04-20-2015 01:20 PM
Dukesfan71 Offline
1st String

(04-20-2015 01:20 PM)Dukes84 Wrote:  In order for Roland to be eligible to play this coming season, he's got to make it through the NCAA clearing house, as I understand it.

Oh boy. I feel a big roller coaster dip coming.
04-20-2015 01:24 PM
JMU08 Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU
(04-20-2015 01:20 PM)Dukes84 Wrote:  In order for Roland to be eligible to play this coming season, he's got to make it through the NCAA clearing house, as I understand it.

I wonder what for? He was basically forced to graduate early because he skipped a grade, but I don't see how any of that is a bad thing, or something that the NCAA needs to be involved with.
04-20-2015 01:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.