Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Kentucky's Season Wasn't A Failure
Bookmark and Share
GRNMTNTIGER Offline
Tiger Fool

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Kentucky's Season Wasn't A Failure
There is an article on ESPN that says KY's season wasn't a failure, I wonder how Kensucky fans feel about that?
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12621791
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2015 07:46 AM by GRNMTNTIGER.)
04-05-2015 07:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Kentucky's Season Wasn't A Failure
(04-05-2015 07:43 AM)GRNMTNTIGER Wrote:  There is an article on ESPN that says KY's season wasn't a failure, I wonder how Kensucky fans feel about that?

9 McDonald's All-Americans and no championship. Larry Brown says they would make the NBA playoffs. I say failure.
04-05-2015 07:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
83msu Offline
All American

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS!
I would love to be 38-1, so no its a failure only to cal, players, ky fans.
04-05-2015 08:06 AM
WaywardMemphian Offline
1st String

I Root For: Hogs
It was a complete failure. Cal actually got players to come back to win the NC. It was the second year in a row the Kensucky fans EXPECTED to go undefeated with the massive hype of unheard riches showered upon them via heralded recruiting classes and to not even lose in the championship and not in even a dramatic fashion but by implosion with crappy sets like the 1 and 4 In the last three minutes.

And the greatest part, this Cal team hits their free throws.03-lmfao
04-05-2015 08:14 AM
midtowncowboy Offline
Heisman

(04-05-2015 08:14 AM)WaywardMemphian Wrote:  It was a complete failure. Cal actually got players to come back to win the NC. It was the second year in a row the Kensucky fans EXPECTED to go undefeated with the massive hype of unheard riches showered upon them via heralded recruiting classes and to not even lose in the championship and not in even a dramatic fashion but by implosion with crappy sets like the 1 and 4 In the last three minutes.

The attitude of a total loser. So adolescent. Do you assess your goals and accomplishments the same way? How about others in your work place?
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2015 08:31 AM by midtowncowboy.)
04-05-2015 08:29 AM
MuchLuck Offline
1st String

I Root For: UM
It's basically an SEC thing....
04-05-2015 08:51 AM
Advertisement

tigersroll Offline
All American

29 to 31 fires in Lexington says it was. It was champioship or bust for the last two years.
04-05-2015 08:55 AM
ChapelHillTiger Offline
2nd String

What is the GPA and academic standing?

(04-05-2015 08:29 AM)midtowncowboy Wrote:  
(04-05-2015 08:14 AM)WaywardMemphian Wrote:  It was a complete failure. Cal actually got players to come back to win the NC. It was the second year in a row the Kensucky fans EXPECTED to go undefeated with the massive hype of unheard riches showered upon them via heralded recruiting classes and to not even lose in the championship and not in even a dramatic fashion but by implosion with crappy sets like the 1 and 4 In the last three minutes.

The attitude of a total loser. So adolescent. Do you assess your goals and accomplishments the same way? How about others in your work place?
04-05-2015 09:09 AM
MemphisTiger15 Offline
Banned

I Root For: an AAC 'ship
ESPN showed a grown man in a KY bawling his eyes out inside Lucas Oil and Rece Davis said "that is a powerful recruiting video to show how much the fans care". All you have to do is look at the comments of "I chose Kentucky b/c of legends like Derrick Rose" to know that these kids don't care a thing in the world about Kentucky, the program. They go there to be a 1 & done and get to the NBA. If Calipari was at Idaho State, they'd be going there and IS would have been in the F4.

Personally, I loved seeing their stupid fans crying in bars
04-05-2015 11:04 AM
MuchLuck Offline
1st String

(04-05-2015 11:04 AM)MemphisTiger15 Wrote:  ESPN showed a grown man in a KY bawling his eyes out inside Lucas Oil and Rece Davis said "that is a powerful recruiting video to show how much the fans care". All you have to do is look at the comments of "I chose Kentucky b/c of legends like Derrick Rose" to know that these kids don't care a thing in the world about Kentucky, the program. They go there to be a 1 & done and get to the NBA. If Calipari was at Idaho State, they'd be going there and IS would have been in the F4.

Personally, I loved seeing their stupid fans crying in bars

...and burning couches and lawn chairs on dirt streets.....
04-05-2015 11:18 AM
spankadelphia Offline
Banned

Yes, it was a failure. Just like LSU's 2011-12 ill-fated campaign in football. 13-0 against the toughest schedule of all time, and all anyone remembers is them getting cucked by Alabama to the tune of 21-0.
04-05-2015 11:27 AM
Advertisement

bluebacker Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Close Games

Donators
(04-05-2015 08:55 AM)tigersroll Wrote:  29 to 31 fires in Lexington says it was. It was champioship or bust for the last two years.

But, but, but I though WE had the most entitled, unreasonable fan base in the entire sports world............
04-05-2015 11:28 AM
Seabee TIger Fan Offline
No Ma'am

I Root For: Merica
On a scale of 38-1, how mad were Kentucky fans?
04-05-2015 12:04 PM
80sTiger Offline
Why Am I Stuck on 'Water Engineer' ?

ESPN trying to prop things up again for UK. Where are the articles and SportsCenter pieces on other teams that lost and their season's not being a failure. Who made them UK's psychiatrist anyway ? And to say it wasn't a failure is ridiculous ... the way they were positioned as college basketball "gods" and Calipari as the second coming all season, and then to not even make it to the championship game - beaten by Wisconsin of all teams (the anti-Kentucky/Calipari in so many ways). With that embarrassment of talent. Utter and complete failure.
04-05-2015 01:00 PM
TigersOhMy Offline
Not 1st String

[Image: CB2E2DDVIAAQEep.jpg]

what?
04-05-2015 01:01 PM
WaywardMemphian Offline
1st String

I Root For: Hogs
(04-05-2015 08:29 AM)midtowncowboy Wrote:  

Still a failure, go cry alone.
04-05-2015 01:07 PM
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

(04-05-2015 01:01 PM)TigersOhMy Wrote:  [Image: CB2E2DDVIAAQEep.jpg]

what?

It probably has changed the perception of college basketball coaching, and that is, no matter how many lottery picks, first rounders, and McDonalds all-americans you can purchase to stuff your roster with, if you want to win the championship, you better have a floor coach on your staff for the final few games.
04-05-2015 01:15 PM
MuchLuck Offline
1st String

(04-05-2015 01:15 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  
(04-05-2015 01:01 PM)TigersOhMy Wrote:  [Image: CB2E2DDVIAAQEep.jpg]

what?

It probably has changed the perception of college basketball coaching, and that is, no matter how many lottery picks, first rounders, and McDonalds all-americans you can purchase to stuff your roster with, if you want to win the championship, you better have a floor coach on your staff for the final few games.

Ouch.
04-05-2015 01:39 PM
Latilleon Offline
Git Buck.

(04-05-2015 07:49 AM)mairving Wrote:  
(04-05-2015 07:43 AM)GRNMTNTIGER Wrote:  There is an article on ESPN that says KY's season wasn't a failure, I wonder how Kensucky fans feel about that?

9 McDonald's All-Americans and no championship. Larry Brown says they would make the NBA playoffs. I say failure.

Championship game and then final four?

That's the kind of failure I'd kill for.

Better than having 5-9 top hundred players and never making the sweet sixteen.
04-05-2015 03:32 PM
Latilleon Offline
Git Buck.

Did he get them to come back, or did low draft expections in a strong draft bring them back? Funny he wasn't able to talk top ten pick Julius Randle into coming back.
04-05-2015 03:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.