Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UAB at Southern Miss baseball
Bookmark and Share
USMSTUD Offline
Banned

I Root For: Southern Miss
UAB at Southern Miss baseball
Blazers and Golden Eagles getting an early start to the weekend series tonight. Don't know why we're the only schools in the league that decided to take off Easter Sunday.

PROBABLE STARTING PITCHERS
Pitcher W-L ERA K/BB

Tursday, April 2
(RHP) James Naile 3-2 1.91 36/16
(RHP) Christian Talley 2-4 4.54 28/10

Friday, April 3
(RHP) Alex Luna 2-1 2.90 23/5
(RHP) Cody Carroll 1-1 2.54 39/22

Saturday, April 4
(RHP) Johnny Lieske 2-1 3.46 32/14
(RHP) James McMahon 5-0 0.99 31/11
04-02-2015 04:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

USMSTUD Offline
Banned

RE: UAB at Southern Miss baseball
UAB with a 7-2 win tonight. Eagles out hit the Blazers 10-6, but zero clutch hits and left 8 on base. Walks and hit batters lead to at least 3 Blazer runs.

USM's Christian Talley, who dropped to 2-5 w/ loss tonight, has given up 16 runs (12 earned) in last 9 2/3s IP (11.14 ERA over that stretch)
04-02-2015 09:54 PM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

smh @ this team. Typical.
04-03-2015 08:33 AM
USMSTUD Offline
Banned

(04-03-2015 08:33 AM)shiftyeagle Wrote:  smh @ this team. Typical.

They need to move Talley out of the weekend rotation until he figures things out. Three bad starts in a row and two of them terrible.
04-03-2015 08:36 AM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
what's really amazing is we have one of the best pitchers in the nation STILL pitching on sunday.....

heaven forbid one would think that a making a change starting him in the 1 spot would make sense by now...I understand the history from last year....apparently, berry is still living last year's dream

bye-bye berry.....just bye-bye
04-03-2015 08:39 AM
USMSTUD Offline
Banned

(04-03-2015 08:39 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  what's really amazing is we have one of the best pitchers in the nation STILL pitching on sunday.....

heaven forbid one would think that a making a change starting him in the 1 spot would make sense by now...I understand the history from last year....apparently, berry is still living last year's dream

Had a chance to move McMahon to Friday night when his start against Tech was rained out and they chose to start him in a mid-week game against State. I thought it was a good move at the time, but looking on it now they probably should have skipped him in order to get Talley off of Friday's.
04-03-2015 09:14 AM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(04-03-2015 09:14 AM)USMSTUD Wrote:  
(04-03-2015 08:39 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  what's really amazing is we have one of the best pitchers in the nation STILL pitching on sunday.....

Had a chance to move McMahon to Friday night when his start against Tech was rained out and they chose to start him in a mid-week game against State. I thought it was a good move at the time, but looking on it now they probably should have skipped him in order to get Talley off of Friday's.

that's the reason....in baseball, beating state means zero in the overall equation...

that's what baseball is all about....the overall....

You yourself acknowledged the turnaround in McMahon this year before most people began to take notice....

that's what coaching means to me.....

edit: a nice caveat for McMahon was getting the national exposure from getting that start against mooville allowing him to win two in a week
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2015 09:30 AM by stinkfist.)
04-03-2015 09:27 AM
Advertisement

USMSTUD Offline
Banned

Eagles jump out to a 3-0 lead after 2 innings of game 2. Four hits and a couple of UAB errors in the 2nd inning.
04-03-2015 07:09 PM
USMSTUD Offline
Banned

Eagles win 3-0. Southern Miss starter Cody Carroll pitched 8 1/3 innings and allowed two hits. One to the leadoff man in the 1st inning and one in the 9th. Allowed two walks in between.
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2015 11:31 AM by USMSTUD.)
04-03-2015 09:31 PM
nastybunch Offline
Heisman

USM takes the series with a 3-2 win. James McMahan goes to 6-0, and Cody Livingston pitches two perfect innings for the save.
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2015 05:06 PM by nastybunch.)
04-04-2015 05:06 PM
Advertisement

USMSTUD Offline
Banned

(04-04-2015 05:06 PM)nastybunch Wrote:  USM takes the series with a 3-2 win. James McMahan goes to 6-0, and Cody Livingston pitches two perfect innings for the save.
McMahon had a 23 2/3 inning scoreless streak snapped. The two runs off him were the first he'd allowed since March 8.
04-04-2015 08:20 PM
usm99 Offline
Heisman

The way McMahon has been pitching I'd say leave him on Sunday starts for several reasons.

He's been lights out so far there.
If we can manage a Friday and/or Saturday win he gives us the best chance to win the series or sweep the series
If we lose Friday and Saturday he can hopefully help us avoid getting swept and at least we end the series with a win
04-04-2015 09:25 PM
USMSTUD Offline
Banned

(04-04-2015 09:25 PM)usm99 Wrote:  The way McMahon has been pitching I'd say leave him on Sunday starts for several reasons.

He's been lights out so far there.
If we can manage a Friday and/or Saturday win he gives us the best chance to win the series or sweep the series
If we lose Friday and Saturday he can hopefully help us avoid getting swept and at least we end the series with a win

Can't keep giving away the first game of the series with Talley pitching so poorly. Going forward Carroll and McMahon should pitch Friday and Saturday.
04-04-2015 09:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.