RE: Travis Ford could be bought out at OSU
(03-30-2015 10:48 PM)CoachJammer Wrote:  http://on.si.com/1Mrwq0W

Still embarrassed us on our home floor.
03-30-2015 10:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
450bench Offline

I Root For: Memphis
When it's time, it's just time. Apparently it's time there. And here.
03-30-2015 11:17 PM
TigerBill Offline
Imperator Optimus Maximus

I Root For: Liberation

Donators
(03-30-2015 11:17 PM)450bench Wrote:  When it's time, it's just time. Apparently it's time there. And here.

That club got a lot bigger this year.
03-30-2015 11:25 PM
450bench Offline

(03-30-2015 11:25 PM)TigerBill Wrote:  
(03-30-2015 11:17 PM)450bench Wrote:  When it's time, it's just time. Apparently it's time there. And here.

That club got a lot bigger this year.

It really did.
03-30-2015 11:33 PM
99Tiger Offline
I got tiger blood, man.

I Root For: football wins

Crappies
(03-30-2015 10:59 PM)Titans3775 Wrote:  
(03-30-2015 10:48 PM)CoachJammer Wrote:  http://on.si.com/1Mrwq0W

Still embarrassed us on our home floor.

Lots of folks did.
03-31-2015 06:35 AM
Advertisement

HoopDreams Offline
Better Than Diamond Rings

I Root For: EXPECTATIONS
You can't buyout Travis Ford - he made the NCAA Tournament 5 of his 7 years.

#doe
03-31-2015 07:33 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HometownTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

No way they hire Travis Ford lite.

NTR
03-31-2015 08:14 AM
MemphisTiger15 Offline
Banned

I Root For: an AAC 'ship
Wonder if Pickens would let our athletic dept borrow the money to buy Pastner out
03-31-2015 08:35 AM
ZachMan Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Tigers
I hope no on eis hoping they would hire Pastner, the only visual they have of him was a 30pt beatdown last year when we rolled in and got waxed, be like us trying to hire the Prarie View coach
03-31-2015 08:36 AM
jason80 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: M-Town
Lots of parallels between Ford and Pastner. Finding a good coach is hard these days. I would find a good bench coach who is a good leader. We don't necessarily need a great recruiting coach as their is a lot of talent in the area that want to play here anyways. Still think Pearl would leave Auburn for Memphis but I doubt the current AD would be willing to go that route. Pearl would be a great fit here and has a good understanding of Memphis basketball and what it means to the city. I know I'm prob dreaming here but it would take him no time to turn this thing around.
03-31-2015 09:43 AM
Advertisement

thagr82008 Offline
Banned

I Root For: MEMPHOBABEE
It's amazing, we get brow beat around here for "expressions of displeasure" towards the product that we see on the floor. ....Travis has had a very similar run as Pastner. Again, this is a team that hasn't recruited as highly as Memphis, does not have top to bottom talent as we have, has absolutely thrashed Josh & our Tigers head to head.....and we get demonized for wanting a change to salvage this program. ........CLUELESS IN MEMPHIS.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2015 10:00 AM by thagr82008.)
03-31-2015 09:59 AM
George Can'tStandYa Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
(03-31-2015 08:36 AM)ZachMan Wrote:  I hope no on eis hoping they would hire Pastner, the only visual they have of him was a 30pt beatdown last year when we rolled in and got waxed, be like us trying to hire the Prarie View coach

Is the Prairie View Coach available and does he come with a point guard?
03-31-2015 11:06 AM
EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

I Root For: CardiacAblation
(03-31-2015 09:43 AM)jason80 Wrote:  Lots of parallels between Ford and Pastner. Finding a good coach is hard these days. I would find a good bench coach who is a good leader. We don't necessarily need a great recruiting coach as their is a lot of talent in the area that want to play here anyways. Still think Pearl would leave Auburn for Memphis but I doubt the current AD would be willing to go that route. Pearl would be a great fit here and has a good understanding of Memphis basketball and what it means to the city. I know I'm prob dreaming here but it would take him no time to turn this thing around.

you'd have to buy out Pastner, and then buy out Pearl.
Aint happening.
03-31-2015 11:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RheaJ Offline
Banned

I Root For: MEMPHIS, DUH
(03-31-2015 10:16 AM)tigers1125 Wrote:  
(03-31-2015 09:59 AM)thagr82008 Wrote:  It's amazing, we get brow beat around here for "expressions of displeasure" towards the product that we see on the floor. ....Travis has had a very similar run as Pastner. Again, this is a team that hasn't recruited as highly as Memphis, does not have top to bottom talent as we have, has absolutely thrashed Josh & our Tigers head to head.....and we get demonized for wanting a change to salvage this program. ........CLUELESS IN MEMPHIS.

Their talent level this past season was way better than ours. Not even close.

Marcus Smart....clueless in thagr8's world...
03-31-2015 11:34 AM
TigerFanOkstate Offline
Water Engineer

(03-31-2015 09:59 AM)thagr82008 Wrote:  It's amazing, we get brow beat around here for "expressions of displeasure" towards the product that we see on the floor. ....Travis has had a very similar run as Pastner. Again, this is a team that hasn't recruited as highly as Memphis, does not have top to bottom talent as we have, has absolutely thrashed Josh & our Tigers head to head.....and we get demonized for wanting a change to salvage this program. ........CLUELESS IN MEMPHIS.

I disagree. Memphis had more talent throughout the roster in my opinion. OSU was 2 deep in the post (Cobbins, Solomon) neither could score. Forte, Nash and Hickey were good. But other than that they had no consistency. The fanbase is pushing for Ford to be fired. And if they do buy him out a name to watch out for will be Doug Gottlieb.
03-31-2015 12:31 PM
Advertisement

ddramone Offline
All American

I Root For:
(03-31-2015 12:31 PM)TigerFanOkstate Wrote:  

I disagree. Memphis had more talent throughout the roster in my opinion. OSU was 2 deep in the post (Cobbins, Solomon) neither could score. Forte, Nash and Hickey were good. But other than that they had no consistency. The fanbase is pushing for Ford to be fired. And if they do buy him out a name to watch out for will be Doug Gottlieb.

Doug Gottlieb?!?!! I think T. Boone is smarter than that, or else I hope so! Gottlieb would be a disaster of epic proportion.
03-31-2015 01:08 PM
thagr82008 Offline
Banned

I Root For: MEMPHOBABEE
Re: RE: Travis Ford could be bought out at OSU

(03-31-2015 11:34 AM)RheaJ Wrote:  

It takes an OKSU fan for my point to reson8. .....Pastner has talent that has been squandered, absolutely squandered. ....There are very few teams in college basketball that have the multitude of combinations that Josh has @ his disposal. ....If you look @ the possibilities of Burrell @ the 2/3 who has been sitting the bench.....Iverson @ 3/4.....coupled with the most capable 4 in Austin that we have seen in a while.....and give Shaq a definite role.....as he became accustomed to l8r in the season......any combination of PG or Center could be interchangeable Godfrey/Shaq/Iverson C/PF..... PG Pookie /DC/KJ.......Markel /Pookie @ 2 and I have still left out KING.......this is depth that college coaches and teams just don't have luxuries such as these (outside of Lexington )

And don't try the young or we've had suspensions bit! Louisville had major losses of key components to their program.......Even the starting PG (Chris Jones) was kicked off just before the conference tourney. .......and......they're just as young or younger than we are, with 7 Freshmen (1 was redshirt) 1 senior & 1 junior! We beat them twice last year! Did they talk about NOT being able to compete this upcoming season & REBUILDING? F*CK NO! They played the schedule, coached what they had ,came very close to tha FF! Holy SH*T......

If you listen to ANY of the garbage that comes out of Josh's mouth, you will be #lostinthasauce.......Josh is making scapegoats out of everything Memphis right now! How many times does he have to throw players, strength-trainers,assistant-coaches,birth-rights, the fans of Memphis, the media under the bus.......

He continues to do these shenanigans because WE ARE CLUELESS

GET A DAMN CLUE MEMPHIS!!!

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2015 01:30 PM by thagr82008.)
03-31-2015 01:29 PM
TigerFanOkstate Offline
Water Engineer

(03-31-2015 01:08 PM)ddramone Wrote:  

Doug Gottlieb?!?!! I think T. Boone is smarter than that, or else I hope so! Gottlieb would be a disaster of epic proportion.

I dont think he will do well either. That is just a name that I've heard thrown out for the past year.
03-31-2015 02:16 PM
Titans3775 Offline
All American

I Root For: Nuclear Power
(03-31-2015 03:17 PM)tigers1125 Wrote:  
(03-31-2015 01:29 PM)thagr82008 Wrote:  

(03-31-2015 11:34 AM)RheaJ Wrote:  

It takes an OKSU fan for my point to reson8. .....Pastner has talent that has been squandered, absolutely squandered. ....There are very few teams in college basketball that have the multitude of combinations that Josh has @ his disposal. ....If you look @ the possibilities of Burrell @ the 2/3 who has been sitting the bench.....Iverson @ 3/4.....coupled with the most capable 4 in Austin that we have seen in a while.....and give Shaq a definite role.....as he became accustomed to l8r in the season......any combination of PG or Center could be interchangeable Godfrey/Shaq/Iverson C/PF..... PG Pookie /DC/KJ.......Markel /Pookie @ 2 and I have still left out KING.......this is depth that college coaches and teams just don't have luxuries such as these (outside of Lexington )

And don't try the young or we've had suspensions bit! Louisville had major losses of key components to their program.......Even the starting PG (Chris Jones) was kicked off just before the conference tourney. .......and......they're just as young or younger than we are, with 7 Freshmen (1 was redshirt) 1 senior & 1 junior! We beat them twice last year! Did they talk about NOT being able to compete this upcoming season & REBUILDING? F*CK NO! They played the schedule, coached what they had ,came very close to tha FF! Holy SH*T......

If you listen to ANY of the garbage that comes out of Josh's mouth, you will be #lostinthasauce.......Josh is making scapegoats out of everything Memphis right now! How many times does he have to throw players, strength-trainers,assistant-coaches,birth-rights, the fans of Memphis, the media under the bus.......

He continues to do these shenanigans because WE ARE CLUELESS

GET A DAMN CLUE MEMPHIS!!!

You are CLUELESS if you think this past season Memphis had more talent than OK ST. Get on twitter and ask any knowledgeable CBB analyst.

Uh actually I think that you should because outside of Forte and Nash they had nobody.
03-31-2015 03:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.