I Root For: UofL

[Image: Please%20do%20not%20feed%20the%20trolls.jpg]
04-03-2007 10:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

CollegeCard Wrote:[Image: Please%20do%20not%20feed%20the%20trolls.jpg]

did you swipe that from the Mountain West board?
04-03-2007 10:52 PM
Quote this message in a reply
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
Re: Interesting Quote from Yahoo
[quote="EvilVodka"][i]Saturday's results indicate that the ACC
04-04-2007 10:28 AM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL

EvilVodka Wrote:did you swipe that from the Mountain West board?

Ha ha, no I don't think the pic is a MWC creation, which I'm sure is crushing news to you! Its actually called Google, and Google pictures.
04-04-2007 11:26 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
cuseroc Wrote:it is a fact that there were a large number of SU fans that dreaded the thought of going to the soft underbelly league known as the acc, including myself.

Syracuse has a losing record against the soft underbelly ACC

http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/...?confid=11

I think Syracuse would come in a heartbeat if Swofford got on the phone and said an invite had been given

Any Big East team would
04-04-2007 09:47 PM
Advertisement

Ahhhorsepoo Offline
All American

I Root For: UC, FSU, NOT XU

Vodka.. at least the ACC is a better conference than the overrated Big 11.. and the Noles will be a top 10 program next year, mark it down... with their young team, and amazing speed in the secondary, it reminds me alot of that 1993 team..(no i am not predicting a championship by any means)
04-05-2007 08:12 AM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
EvilVodka Wrote:
cuseroc Wrote:it is a fact that there were a large number of SU fans that dreaded the thought of going to the soft underbelly league known as the acc, including myself.

Syracuse has a losing record against the soft underbelly ACC

http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/...?confid=11

I think Syracuse would come in a heartbeat if Swofford got on the phone and said an invite had been given

Any Big East team would

But not against VT, or Maryland, Clemson and BC who happened to be 4 of the top 5 Acc teams last seaosn. That losing record comes mostly against Miami and FSU, and Duke, from years gone by. BTW, since you are so interested in winning records, do you know what the following is all about: 7-3
05-footinmouth

And please explain to us why you think that any BE team would go to the Acc now.
One could say its a lateral move at best.
04-05-2007 09:35 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
cuseroc Wrote:But not against VT, or Maryland, Clemson and BC who happened to be 4 of the top 5 Acc teams last seaosn. That losing record comes mostly against Miami and FSU, and Duke, from years gone by. BTW, since you are so interested in winning records, do you know what the following is all about: 7-3
05-footinmouth

And please explain to us why you think that any BE team would go to the Acc now.

last season is one season
Syracuse was 4-8 last season losing their opener to Wake Forest...the previous season the Orange (the orange what? pick a freakin mascot) went 1-10, only beating Buffalo....

and you want reasons why the ACC is better?
stability
bigger stadiums
more national championships
we don't let Notre Dame use us like a 2$ whore
more bowl games
the BCS had to create the "Big East Rule" because the conference was so bad, even when you had Miami, VT, and BC

most big east fans don't even know if the conference is gonna split up or not

if conferences decide to go to 14, the big east is going to get torn apart by the Big 10 and ACC...maybe Yahoo Sports will write a good story on it
04-05-2007 11:23 AM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
EvilVodka Wrote:
cuseroc Wrote:But not against VT, or Maryland, Clemson and BC who happened to be 4 of the top 5 Acc teams last seaosn. That losing record comes mostly against Miami and FSU, and Duke, from years gone by. BTW, since you are so interested in winning records, do you know what the following is all about: 7-3
05-footinmouth

Syracuse was 4-8 last season losing their opener to Wake Forest...the previous season the Orange (the orange what? pick a freakin mascot) went 1-10, only beating Buffalo....

stability
bigger stadiums
more bowl games
the BCS had to create the "Big East Rule" because the conference was so bad, even when you had Miami, VT, and BC

if conferences decide to go to 14, the big east is going to get torn apart by the Big 10 and ACC...maybe Yahoo Sports will write a good story on it

Those are all really bad reasons and are nothing more than a load of crap. The BE with its new tv contract is about 1.3 million dollars from the acc schools average. But with our tv contract, BE basketball gets a whole lot more exposure than the acc or any other league. Every BE basketball game will be broadcasted by the espn unberella starting in 2007. Why would a BE team want to settle for less exposure by playing in the soft underbelly acc? 13-8 was the final tally head to head this season. Yes soft underbelly is an appropriate term for the acc. Did you know that the BE makes more money on ncaa basketball credits and NIT than any other league? Why go to the Acc and make less ncaa money?

I will give you the stability argument, at least until the split occurs. But really, our bcs bid is as stable as the acc's. 04-rock

There are really maybe 3 or 4 acc stadiums that are bigger than the BE stadiums, but Wake, BC, UNC etc.. are not much to yell for. Regarding attendance, the BE has the lowest average attendance of the BCS leagues, but guess which league comes next with the lowest average, which is not much more than the BE?

More national championships? In what basketball? Not. Football? Maybe, but 95% of your championships are from Miami (before BE play and during BE play) and FSU. BTW, FSU only won 2 while playing in the acc.

More Bowl games? Well you should have more bowl games since you have more fb teams. The 2 leagues bowl per average payout is about the same, give or take a few thousands. Who would have thunk that? Why dont you guys at least try and win a bcs bowl this century? The BE, with its current members are now 2-0 in bcs bowls. :shhh:

Yes ND uses the BE really bad. So what? I dont see any of our schools saying "unless we stop our affliation with ND, were going to leave and try to get into the Acc".

Regarding the socalled BE rule, which league do you think has needed it more this century, the BE or Acc?

The only reason that several BE schools were eager to get into the Acc before was because everyone thought we would lose our bcs bid if we lost Miami. Now that our bcs bid is as secure as the acc, you wont see anyone from the Be trying to get into that soft underbelly league. 03-yawn

So really, as you can see, those are not valid reasons as to why a BE team would leave for the acc. Just a bunch of bunk from an idot. 05-footinmouth
04-05-2007 11:57 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
cuseroc Wrote:
EvilVodka Wrote:
05-footinmouth

stability
bigger stadiums
more bowl games

Those are all really bad reasons and are nothing more than a load of crap. The BE with its new tv contract is about 1.3 million dollars from the acc schools average. But with our tv contract, BE basketball gets a whole lot more exposure than the acc or any other league. Every BE basketball game will be broadcasted by the espn unberella starting in 2007. Why would a BE team want to settle for less exposure by playing in the soft underbelly acc? 13-8 was the final tally head to head this season. Yes soft underbelly is an appropriate term for the acc. Did you know that the BE makes more money on ncaa basketball credits and NIT than any other league? Why go to the Acc and make less ncaa money?

I will give you the stability argument, at least until the split occurs. But really, our bcs bid is as stable as the acc's. 04-rock

There are really maybe 3 or 4 acc stadiums that are bigger than the BE stadiums, but Wake, BC, UNC etc.. are not much to yell for. Regarding attendance, the BE has the lowest average attendance of the BCS leagues, but guess which league comes next with the lowest average, which is not much more than the BE?

More national championships? In what basketball? Not. Football? Maybe, but 95% of your championships are from Miami (before BE play and during BE play) and FSU. BTW, FSU only won 2 while playing in the acc.

More Bowl games? Well you should have more bowl games since you have more fb teams. The 2 leagues bowl per average payout is about the same, give or take a few thousands. Who would have thunk that? Why dont you guys at least try and win a bcs bowl this century? The BE, with its current members are now 2-0 in bcs bowls. :shhh:

Yes ND uses the BE really bad. So what? I dont see any of our schools saying "unless we stop our affliation with ND, were going to leave and try to get into the Acc".

Regarding the socalled BE rule, which league do you think has needed it more this century, the BE or Acc?

The only reason that several BE schools were eager to get into the Acc before was because everyone thought we would lose our bcs bid if we lost Miami. Now that our bcs bid is as secure as the acc, you wont see anyone from the Be trying to get into that soft underbelly league. 03-yawn

So really, as you can see, those are not valid reasons as to why a BE team would leave for the acc. Just a bunch of bunk from an idot. 05-footinmouth

lol
so basically you're saying that its ok that ND screws over the BE, you're fine with instability in your conference, and you've resigned to being a basketball conference
04-05-2007 03:40 PM
Advertisement

Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
EvilVodka Wrote:
cuseroc Wrote:
EvilVodka Wrote:
05-footinmouth

stability
bigger stadiums
more bowl games

lol
so basically you're saying that its ok that ND screws over the BE, you're fine with instability in your conference, and you've resigned to being a basketball conference

How can you say this when, last year anyway, the BE was far ahead of the ACC in all rating systems for football??? In fact the ACC wasn't even close to the BE in most of the rating systems. We went 5-0 in our bowls games to boot. Nice try, but next time try using real facts and statistics rather than what the media likes to say/spin.
04-05-2007 04:35 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
EvilVodka Wrote:
cuseroc Wrote:
EvilVodka Wrote:
05-footinmouth

stability
bigger stadiums
more bowl games

lol

In other words you have nothing to say about the facts that I have presented that basically shows that you are indeed a baffoon for coming up with a lot of bunk as to why you feel that any BE school will run to the acc.. We all understand you perfectly. You have no facts nor reasoning to back up your viewpoints so you resort to twisting my words and using a silly little emoticon, as if you accomplished something. 04-chairshot The only thing you are accomplishing here is to make yourself look even more stupid that before. Congratulations. 01-wingedeagle
04-05-2007 07:01 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
cuseroc Wrote:In other words you have nothing to say about the facts that I have presented that basically shows that you are indeed a baffoon for coming up with a lot of bunk as to why you feel that any BE school will run to the acc.. We all understand you perfectly. You have no facts nor reasoning to back up your viewpoints so you resort to twisting my words and using a silly little emoticon, as if you accomplished something. 04-chairshot The only thing you are accomplishing here is to make yourself look even more stupid that before. Congratulations. 01-wingedeagle

you don't have any facts, just weak rebuttals...

FACT 1: ACC Stadiums are on average bigger than Big East Stadiums
Your Answer: There are really maybe 3 or 4 acc stadiums that are bigger than the BE stadiums, but Wake, BC, UNC etc.. are not much to yell for. Regarding attendance, the BE has the lowest average attendance of the BCS leagues, but guess which league comes next with the lowest average, which is not much more than the BE?

looks like you're trying to skirt around the facts...why are ACC stadiums bigger? you never answered that

FACT 2: "Because of concerns over the conference's strength (or lack thereof), the Bowl Championship Series last year instituted the unofficial "Big East rule," which subjects member conferences to review and possible loss of automatic selection."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/footbal...t_feature/

its not called the ACC rule...and you can't set an arbitrary time frame like "this century"...that doesn't mean anything

FACT 3: Notre Dame has exceptional leverage with the Big East

Your Answer: Yes ND uses the BE really bad. So what? I dont see any of our schools saying "unless we stop our affliation with ND, were going to leave and try to get into the Acc".

So what if ND uses and abuses our conference...? And what schools would come to the conclusion that if the situation with Notre Dame isn't resolved, that they're going to leave for the ACC?? You need to get invited first lol

Do they teach reading comprehension at Syracuse? you should sign up for some courses lol
04-05-2007 10:28 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
[quote="EvilVodka"][i]Saturday's results indicate that the ACC
04-06-2007 06:40 AM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
EvilVodka Wrote:
cuseroc Wrote:In other words you have nothing to say about the facts that I have presented that basically shows that you are indeed a baffoon for coming up with a lot of bunk as to why you feel that any BE school will run to the acc.. We all understand you perfectly. You have no facts nor reasoning to back up your viewpoints so you resort to twisting my words and using a silly little emoticon, as if you accomplished something. 04-chairshot The only thing you are accomplishing here is to make yourself look even more stupid that before. Congratulations. 01-wingedeagle

Your Answer: There are really maybe 3 or 4 acc stadiums that are bigger than the BE stadiums, but Wake, BC, UNC etc.. are not much to yell for. Regarding attendance, the BE has the lowest average attendance of the BCS leagues, but guess which league comes next with the lowest average, which is not much more than the BE?

looks like you're trying to skirt around the facts...why are ACC stadiums bigger? you never answered that

FACT 2: "Because of concerns over the conference's strength (or lack thereof), the Bowl Championship Series last year instituted the unofficial "Big East rule," which subjects member conferences to review and possible loss of automatic selection."

its not called the ACC rule...and you can't set an arbitrary time frame like "this century"...that doesn't mean anything

Your Answer: Yes ND uses the BE really bad. So what? I dont see any of our schools saying "unless we stop our affliation with ND, were going to leave and try to get into the Acc".

So what if ND uses and abuses our conference...? And what schools would come to the conclusion that if the situation with Notre Dame isn't resolved, that they're going to leave for the ACC?? You need to get invited first lol

Do they teach reading comprehension at Syracuse? you should sign up for some courses lol

You still have presented no sound reasoning as to why any BE school will leave for the Acc. Stay on subject.
The facts are that no BE school is going to be clamoring to get into the acc because their stadiums are bigger. Your average attendance is just about 4000 fans better than the BE. Truth be told, both leagues are way behind the other bcs leagues in average attendance. The ND situation in our league is not as big a deal as you would like for it to be. These 2 situations does not make any team from the BE want to come to the acc. As I said earlier, your contracts for tv are not that much higher than the BE per school. The BE gets much more exposure from bb, and not much less from fb. Our bcs bid is as safe as the acc. You have presented no sound reasoning as to why any BE team will leave for the ACC. Stay on subject please.
04-06-2007 10:31 AM
Advertisement

TopCoog Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
cuseroc Wrote:
EvilVodka Wrote:

You still have presented no sound reasoning as to why any BE school will leave for the Acc. Stay on subject.
The facts are that no BE school is going to be clamoring to get into the acc because their stadiums are bigger. Your average attendance is just about 4000 fans better than the BE. Truth be told, both leagues are way behind the other bcs leagues in average attendance. The ND situation in our league is not as big a deal as you would like for it to be. These 2 situations does not make any team from the BE want to come to the acc. As I said earlier, your contracts for tv are not that much higher than the BE per school. The BE gets much more exposure from bb, and not much less from fb. Our bcs bid is as safe as the acc. You have presented no sound reasoning as to why any BE team will leave for the ACC. Stay on subject please.

Any big east school would leave for the ACC. Its simply a step up. Every frickin person in America knows that.
04-06-2007 11:27 AM
Ahhhorsepoo Offline
All American

I Root For: UC, FSU, NOT XU
TopCoog Wrote:
cuseroc Wrote:
EvilVodka Wrote:

Any big east school would leave for the ACC. Its simply a step up. Every frickin person in America knows that.

Thats interesting I didnt realize anyone asked for the second grade opinion on the subject. Next time you chime in at least know what you are talking about. CUSA called they want their BCS bowl birth back.. ohh wait....

The BEAST and the ACC are 2 of the top 3 power conferences, with the SEC.. Big 11, Big 12, and Pac-10 have their players but not near as many, and are often overrated.. see bowl games located in Tempe and Pasadena for Big 10 as a prime example of being overrated..

I am in the minority probably but I clearly think between FSU, FLORIDA, WVU, LOUISVILLE, and TENN, you will have 3 of the top 5 finishers for next year and I would put alot on the line to say 5 or 6 out of the final top 10 will come from those three conferences..
04-06-2007 12:54 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
TopCoog Wrote:
cuseroc Wrote:
EvilVodka Wrote:

Give some reasons. I have asked you to do so before on several occasions, and each time you mysteriously disappeared.
04-06-2007 02:40 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
cuseroc Wrote:
TopCoog Wrote:
cuseroc Wrote:
EvilVodka Wrote:

Give some reasons. I have asked you to do so before on several occasions, and each time you mysteriously disappeared.

Any BE team would leave out of fear that if they decline, another BE team will accept and they'll get left behind in a watered down-conference

Also, the Big 10 and ACC are well-structured conferences with an emphasis on academics as well as sports

I've given you several reasons why, if you choose to ignore them thats fine

Of course, the only teams that would probably get invited to the ACC would probably be Syracuse, UConn, or Rutgers...

do you really think the presidents of UConn and Rutgers would see joining the ACC as a lateral move? I'm sure the UConn AD would crap his pants if he thought he could get Miami and FSU coming to his stadium every year
04-08-2007 01:09 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.