Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

FB Spring practice updates
Bookmark and Share
TruBlu Offline
2nd String

I Root For: MT, C-USA
FB Spring practice updates
Updates from your team's spring work are appreciated. Here's a preview of MT's spring, FWIW:

MT Spring Practice: 10 things to watch
03-23-2015 11:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

pilot172000 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tech/ Bama
RE: FB Spring practice updates
I'm hearing a lot of good things about Jeff Driskel in spring practice. We are looking good overall for next season.
03-23-2015 11:34 AM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Marshall's Spring Practice starts tomorrow and the Green and White Game will be on April 25th.

Jack Bogaczyk (BO-GOT-CHIC) who writes for herdzone.com posted the spring depth chart Saturday.

Marshall Spring Depth Chart
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2015 12:03 PM by HerdZoned.)
03-23-2015 12:01 PM
Saint Greg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech

03-23-2015 12:20 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

Doc Holliday 1st 2015 Spring Practice Press Conference

Marshall has aprox. 5 guys out that will be non contact in the spring. Also Marshall lost LB Kent Turene who has been medically disqualified. Turene will stay and graduate in the spring in 3 years, but his football career is over.
03-23-2015 05:39 PM
49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
03-23-2015 06:02 PM
Advertisement

demiveeman Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
BlazerTalk Award

03-23-2015 11:14 PM
doughtyrowdy Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WKU
03-24-2015 06:49 AM
Saint Greg Offline
Heisman

03-24-2015 10:47 AM
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
UTEP is in it's 3rd week of spring practice. It's my favorite time of year since the Miners will remain undefeated and expecting greatness until the games are real next fall.

Defense is looking good with lots of starters and depth coming back:

UTEP defense

Offense has the entire OL back, starting TB and FB but working on QB and WR. TE is in good hands with the Texas Longhorn transfer:

UTEP offense
03-24-2015 12:05 PM
ODU AGGIE Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
Shuler Bentley went 12 for 12, two touchdowns and over 200 yards in the Monarchs' first scrimmage today. The defense had been ahead of the offense during the first five practices, but today the offense just plain dominated.
03-28-2015 08:00 PM
Advertisement

banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Sounds like your defense is the same as last year.

Seriously, that's the problem with trying to gauge your team off spring camp, every good thing that happens also means a bad thing happened. QB hits a long TD means your corner and safety got burned. DE gets a sack means your LT can't pass protect.

I pay a lot more attention to what the coaches say and how they say it. Generally, if the coaches are happy, I'm happy. Our Rivals site posts interviews with various coaches after each practice. You can tell if they like what they are seeing from their position group.
03-28-2015 08:20 PM
Afflicted Offline
Banned

I Root For: Rice and UH
The Rice defense is undergoing a complete makeover. Only three or four starters return and little depth on the DL with Covington and Nordstrom leaving early. Many players will get a chance to prove themselves on this side of the ball, but I'm not encouraged.
03-28-2015 11:34 PM
ODU AGGIE Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
(03-28-2015 08:20 PM)banker Wrote:  Sounds like your defense is the same as last year.

Seriously, that's the problem with trying to gauge your team off spring camp, every good thing that happens also means a bad thing happened. QB hits a long TD means your corner and safety got burned. DE gets a sack means your LT can't pass protect.

I pay a lot more attention to what the coaches say and how they say it. Generally, if the coaches are happy, I'm happy. Our Rivals site posts interviews with various coaches after each practice. You can tell if they like what they are seeing from their position group.

As I indicated above, the defense has been looking good in the first five practices, and the coaches have been very happy with what they have been seeing. Today, head coach Bobby Wilder was ecstatic over the play of Bentley and the offense, but he was really upset with the defense. I think the word he used was, "unacceptable". The D will definitely be getting some heavy attention, especially Tuesday.
03-29-2015 12:03 AM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I think its going to take a full recruiting cycle to get your defense up to speed to keep up with most IA schools. Not only to give you depth its going to take that long for your 1st and 2nd IA class to really learn the position and understand how to be a leader to help the younger classes.

Once Holliday took over at Marshall that's about how long it took Doc, well that and getting a DC in that actually knew what he was doing.
03-29-2015 02:18 PM
Saint Greg Offline
Heisman

03-31-2015 12:04 PM
Advertisement

Dawgxas Offline
#FreeDeb025

(03-31-2015 12:04 PM)Saint Greg Wrote:  

Who was the player that spoke?
03-31-2015 12:09 PM
Saint Greg Offline
Heisman

04-02-2015 03:54 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

Looks like Birdsong is emerging from the pack to take the #1 QB spot. The coaches wanted to name a starter in spring, and he is separating from the others. He's the 6'5" 240 transfer that sat out last year. He was the starter for JMU all of 2013. Unless he regresses in upcoming scrimmages, he'll be the guy.
04-05-2015 10:51 PM
Herd_fever Offline
Banned

(03-29-2015 12:03 AM)ODU AGGIE Wrote:  
(03-28-2015 08:20 PM)banker Wrote:  Sounds like your defense is the same as last year.

As I indicated above, the defense has been looking good in the first five practices, and the coaches have been very happy with what they have been seeing. Today, head coach Bobby Wilder was ecstatic over the play of Bentley and the offense, but he was really upset with the defense. I think the word he used was, "unacceptable". The D will definitely be getting some heavy attention, especially Tuesday.

You mean they looked good against the same plays they have seen over and over.

Spring Practice is about player development and building depth. And the fact your first string first year QB went 12/12 against the first defense proves your defense has a long was to go. And if last year proved anything you have no depth coming back
04-05-2015 11:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.