03-23-2015 07:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
RE: Rockets yearn for consistency
Great to run an article about the underachievement of the Men's team
when the Lady Rockets have a WNIT home game with UM tonight.
03-23-2015 07:34 AM
Rocket75 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Sounds like Coach K will be using both of the available scholarships. I agree there is no point banking one since based on past history as least one player will leave the program after next year anyway. Let's get as many bodies as possible into the program.
03-23-2015 07:40 AM
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-23-2015 07:34 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  Great to run an article about the underachievement of the Men's team

On point!
03-23-2015 08:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-23-2015 07:40 AM)Rocket75 Wrote:  Sounds like Coach K will be using both of the available scholarships. I agree there is no point banking one since based on past history as least one player will leave the program after next year anyway. Let's get as many bodies as possible into the program.

Quote:Kowalczyk said little-used reserves Aubrey Williams and Angel Aparicio — both of whom have eligibility remaining — will graduate and will not be on the roster next season, giving the Rockets two extra scholarships. UT is recruiting to fill them now.
03-23-2015 08:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

T4C8 Offline
T4C8

I Root For: U of Toledo
I've heard rumor of a possible transfer. Hoping what I heard is true. But I'm gonna torture you guys by not telling who til I hear more solid info!
03-23-2015 09:35 AM
Rocket75 Offline
1st String

The success of JD and Drummond as transfers shows that there is a real opportunity for the right transfer. Of course, we have had some transfers that did not pan out. The name I hear is looking to transfer got in the dog house at his current school but could be amazing in the MAC.
03-23-2015 10:42 AM
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(03-23-2015 08:26 AM)NewMex RocketFan Wrote:  
(03-23-2015 07:34 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  Great to run an article about the underachievement of the Men's team

On point!

Wasn't that the second end of season article in the Blade? There was a small info box about the women's game, but no story. Of course BG not making it to the NCAA's in hockey was on the front page in sports.
03-23-2015 10:51 AM
indianasniff Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
Rockets yearn for consistency
I heard I rumor somebody heard a rumor that there was a rumor going around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
03-23-2015 12:13 PM
Advertisement

Terry Offline
All American

I Root For: The Rockets
(03-23-2015 09:35 AM)T4C8 Wrote:  I've heard rumor of a possible transfer. Hoping what I heard is true. But I'm gonna torture you guys by not telling who til I hear more solid info!

This post is torturing......... 01-lauramac2
03-23-2015 12:22 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
I made up a rumor about a transfer but I'm not sharing!
03-23-2015 01:12 PM
letsgoblue Offline
Special Teams

A little birdie told me about a 7' 4" transfer, but I'm not saying anything more.
03-23-2015 02:06 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
(03-23-2015 02:06 PM)letsgoblue Wrote:  A little birdie told me about a 7' 4" transfer, but I'm not saying anything more.

Actually, I heard it was a 4' 7" transfer related to Tyrone "Mugsy" Bogues...
03-23-2015 02:37 PM
Advertisement

Steve in NJ Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
I been watching a lot of the tournament with an interest in the mid-majors. I thought Buffalo really gave West Virginia a game....especially based on how Maryland played last night. Although I didn't see the Rockets play in person, I watched almost all of the games either on the tube or internet. Although I was disappointed in the final outcome I really enjoyed watching all of the games. I can't say this about every mid-major but Northern Iowa and Wichita State had players that were the "players of the year" in their state. I think I heard them say that about the Lohaus (sp) kid from Northern Iowa. Not sure! I remember his father playing for Iowa years back. We do get a lot of good HS players but aside from Keith Triplett, did we ever have a 3-4 star recruit at UT? Maybe somebody out there with more knowledge might remember!

Pretty disappointed with Central Michigan's run...1 game...in the NIT!
03-23-2015 02:38 PM
temoxley Offline
2nd String

(03-23-2015 02:38 PM)Steve in NJ Wrote:  I been watching a lot of the tournament with an interest in the mid-majors. I thought Buffalo really gave West Virginia a game....especially based on how Maryland played last night. Although I didn't see the Rockets play in person, I watched almost all of the games either on the tube or internet. Although I was disappointed in the final outcome I really enjoyed watching all of the games. I can't say this about every mid-major but Northern Iowa and Wichita State had players that were the "players of the year" in their state. I think I heard them say that about the Lohaus (sp) kid from Northern Iowa. Not sure! I remember his father playing for Iowa years back. We do get a lot of good HS players but aside from Keith Triplett, did we ever have a 3-4 star recruit at UT? Maybe somebody out there with more knowledge might remember!

Pretty disappointed with the league in the post season. By my count there were nine first round games for MAC men and women teams in the NCAA and NIT. MAC won only two and only Eastern Michigan women won a game as a visitor. Hard to sell that MAC should get multiple invites into the big dance with that sort of performance.
03-23-2015 03:28 PM
RangerRocket Offline
Rangers Lead The Way

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Eastern women have now won two road NIT games, hopefully the Lady Rockets can win their second home NIT game tonight.
03-23-2015 03:38 PM
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(03-23-2015 02:38 PM)Steve in NJ Wrote:  I been watching a lot of the tournament with an interest in the mid-majors. I thought Buffalo really gave West Virginia a game....especially based on how Maryland played last night. Although I didn't see the Rockets play in person, I watched almost all of the games either on the tube or internet. Although I was disappointed in the final outcome I really enjoyed watching all of the games. I can't say this about every mid-major but Northern Iowa and Wichita State had players that were the "players of the year" in their state. I think I heard them say that about the Lohaus (sp) kid from Northern Iowa. Not sure! I remember his father playing for Iowa years back. We do get a lot of good HS players but aside from Keith Triplett, did we ever have a 3-4 star recruit at UT? Maybe somebody out there with more knowledge might remember!

Looked back 6 or 7 years on Rivals.com and they did have a few three star recruits, but none of them had anything above mid-major offers.
03-23-2015 04:30 PM
Advertisement

Rocketand2nuts Offline
2nd String

Rockets yearn for consistency
(03-23-2015 10:42 AM)Rocket75 Wrote:  The success of JD and Drummond as transfers shows that there is a real opportunity for the right transfer. Of course, we have had some transfers that did not pan out. The name I hear is looking to transfer got in the dog house at his current school but could be amazing in the MAC.

I'm loving it!
03-23-2015 05:04 PM
rocketpaul Offline
1st String

(03-23-2015 10:42 AM)Rocket75 Wrote:  The success of JD and Drummond as transfers shows that there is a real opportunity for the right transfer. Of course, we have had some transfers that did not pan out. The name I hear is looking to transfer got in the dog house at his current school but could be amazing in the MAC.
Other than Appplewhite all of coach K's transfers have worked out. Of the 2 I would hope for one transfer I would hope the other is a tall young man since the speculation is that Knapke will redshirt. But whomever else is brought in I hope can contribute right away
03-23-2015 08:43 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(03-23-2015 08:43 PM)rocketpaul Wrote:  
Other than Appplewhite all of coach K's transfers have worked out. Of the 2 I would hope for one transfer I would hope the other is a tall young man since the speculation is that Knapke will redshirt. But whomever else is brought in I hope can contribute right away

We really need a JDrummond type guy, in my opinion. I'm not sure our speculation will redshirt Knapke and we have three guys in the 6'9 range, not counting Knapke. I don't see any of the 4 guarding a wing or a 3-4 combo like Holmes or Hall, unless Adway is a good defender in the open court.
03-23-2015 10:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.