Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Solid 10 teams for All-Sports Conference!
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville

UConn
UMass
Syracuse
Rutgers
Pittsburgh
West Virginia
Cincinnati
Louisville
Memphis
South Florida

Solid 8 teams for basketball that could go to the Big Dance most years!

UConn
UMass
Syracuse
Pittsburgh
West Virginia
Cincinnati
Louisville
Memphis

And you have 7 solid football program as well that will go bowling most years:

Syracuse
Pittsburgh
West Virginia
Cincinnati
Louisville
Rutger
South Florida

And UConn, UMass and Memphis will improve their football to the level of their excellent basketball program. I also believe Rutgers, and South Florida will im prove their basketball programs!
03-30-2007 09:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MissouriStateBears Offline
All American

I Root For: Missouri State

That would be an excellent league. All-sports wise that would be a good choice, now if you were looking for tv markets - Temple for Memphis might be what they go for. Also I would take that lineup and add Army and Navy for fb only to get the championship game.
03-31-2007 12:45 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First

MissouriStateBears Wrote:That would be an excellent league. All-sports wise that would be a good choice, now if you were looking for tv markets - Temple for Memphis might be what they go for. Also I would take that lineup and add Army and Navy for fb only to get the championship game.

No market for Championship Game and JMO don't be surprised to see a move away from that. Look at the ACC Title game the first two years, neither one close to a sellout and one of them involved a Florida team.

The Big XII is already either talking about changing it and some of the extreme folks getting rid of it.

I like the Pac 10 model of a 10 team league with everyone playing each other, this lineup would assume someone from move up from DI and become established after a few years around 2012:

West Virginia
Pittsburgh
Rutgers
UConn
Syracuse
Louisville
Cincinnati
South Florida
Villanova
Memphis

Now if Nova doesn't go to DI BCS Division and nobody else does like Georgetown or UMass then add ECU for number 10.
03-31-2007 01:02 AM
David Krysakowski Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Villanova is already said no to Division 1 FBS Football.
03-31-2007 08:33 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

David Krysakowski Wrote:Villanova is already said no to Division 1 FBS Football.

I know this Mr. Obvious, it was a IF scenario.
03-31-2007 09:08 AM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati

David Krysakowski Wrote:Villanova is already said no to Division 1 FBS Football.

The ACC also already said no to expanding to 14 teams, never stopped you from giving your crazy scenerios.
03-31-2007 09:15 AM
Advertisement

panite Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Owls-SC-RU-Navy

Though I am not against an All Sports League, I often wonder about the wisdom of giving up the media market of the NY City, Phila., D.C. market. The BE was build on that market area and part of the reason for keeping the BCS bid when it was perceived that the FB entity of the BE was weak was its TV market share. If the split FB conference doesn't stay under a federated BE umbrella with the BB schools for marketing purposes and cross over games I think it will have to take some of the BB schools with it.

I would propose that the FB schools at least think about taking Nova for the Philly market and G'town for the DC market. Hopefully Rutgers and Conn could pull the NYC market with them as it is lodge between them. NYC did start pulling for Rutgers FB last year with their success. G'town and Nova do play FB but at a different level so technically they are all sports schools. I would also propose that ND comes along for National exposure and marketing since they are an all sports school also. We all know that when forced into a conference it will be the B-10 but use them until they leave. Nd will have to play at least 3 conference games and share bowl revenue if they take a conference bowl.

Split Big East Core

Cuse, Conn, Rutgers, Pitt, WV, L'ville, Cinn, USF, Memphis.

The three others make a nice 12 team BB schedule too and the new conference has not lost any of its TV market share.

The tenth all sports FB school if desired could come from UCF, UMass, ECU, and Temple.

If NOVA does not come along Temple must be given serious consideration for the Philly market. If G'town doesn't come along then maybe ECU can pick off some of the Tidal Basin market.

I just don't think that the new split all sports conference can ignore the NYC, Philly, DC TV market in a split. When ND leaves this conference then other options with the schools not in the original core can be dealt with. By that time the conference will be established and up and running.
03-31-2007 10:09 AM
brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators

panite Wrote:I just don't think that the new split all sports conference can ignore the NYC, Philly, DC TV market in a split. When ND leaves this conference then other options with the schools not in the original core can be dealt with. By that time the conference will be established and up and running.

With Rutgers involved you have the NY Market and you get part of the Philly market. The DC/Baltimore mrkt you might get a slice of.
03-31-2007 10:59 AM
JIM15068 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Navy could add the DC market.

Jim
03-31-2007 01:01 PM
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL

The B*E*A*S*T (The Big East All Sport Teams)

East
UMass
UConn
Syracuse
Rutgers
ECU
USF

West
Pitt
WVU
No. Shame
Cincy
The Ville
Memphis

This is THE ideal conference for us. It is a good mixture of old and new, north and south, traditional rivals and new rivals.
03-31-2007 03:50 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94

I agree...gotta put UC, The Ville, and Memphis together again.....the games are too good not to (except this year when memphis beat us like a rented mule on the hardwood).
03-31-2007 04:54 PM
Advertisement

1st String

I Root For:

I still like this:

Akron
Buffalo
Cincinnati
Connecticut
Louisville
Pittsburgh
Rutgers
South Florida
Syracuse
Temple
Toledo
West Virginia
03-31-2007 05:46 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators

david you can't be serious.

i'm the biggest advocate of a split but for some reason i'm not too sure its goin to happen. i guess we'll all find out if or when it happens. its always a great discussion and even sharky and others are fun to talk to even though they provide no real solid proof that a split won't happen.
03-31-2007 05:48 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94

David Krysakowski Wrote:I still like this:

Akron
Buffalo
Cincinnati
Connecticut
Louisville
Pittsburgh
Rutgers
South Florida
Syracuse
Temple
Toledo
West Virginia

No way on Buffalo, Toledo, Temple, and Akron
03-31-2007 05:51 PM
panite Offline
Heisman

Toledo just got nailed in a point shaving scam for FB an BB. The BE won't go near them with a ten foot pole. They won't go after them anyway.
03-31-2007 06:16 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

I dont see the need of going to 12 teams in football, the money is just not there and a championship game from the realistic pool of additions will not reap big money.
So i still think that adding Memphis for all sports and keeping ND for basketball would be the best deal. Gtown and Villanova would also be nice to have.
But i dont know if thats the way to go if you want an all sports`league,plus that would really hurt the nonfootball players in establishing aleague.
I say split and you can still agree to play each other in nonconference play and those games could be part of TV games split by both leagues
03-31-2007 07:40 PM
Advertisement

1st String

I Root For:

I am serious the Big East should want nothing for Notre Dame if they don't join for football. Georgetown and Villanova already said no thank you to the conference for football.
03-31-2007 07:54 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

David Krysakowski Wrote:I am serious the Big East should want nothing for Notre Dame if they don't join for football. Georgetown and Villanova already said no thank you to the conference for football.

The league you proposed is STILL retarded much like your Atlantic Leageu idea a couple of years ago.
03-31-2007 08:12 PM
panite Offline
Heisman

Maize Wrote:
David Krysakowski Wrote:I am serious the Big East should want nothing for Notre Dame if they don't join for football. Georgetown and Villanova already said no thank you to the conference for football.

The league you proposed is STILL retarded much like your Atlantic Leageu idea a couple of years ago.

What do you expect from Tigershark Junior. The low or lack of mentally is passed on in the DNA. 02-13-banana 02-13-banana lmfao lmfao 04-jawdrop 04-jawdrop They are both April Fool's Jokes lmfao lmfao :youmoron: :kobe: :bean: 01-wingedeagle lmfao lmfao 02-13-banana 02-13-banana
04-01-2007 08:43 AM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville

Now that's funny! lmfao
04-01-2007 10:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.