Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: Sharper Deal
Bookmark and Share
billymac Offline
Heisman

I Root For: William & Mary
Not a great day in W&M history. Darren Sharper agrees to a Plea deal.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/125215...-las-vegas
03-21-2015 01:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

zablenoise Offline
Heisman

RE: OT: Sharper Deal
Well at least he's going to jail
03-21-2015 01:42 PM
62Indian Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: W&M
(03-21-2015 01:27 PM)billymac Wrote:  Not a great day in W&M history. Darren Sharper agrees to a Plea deal.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/125215...-las-vegas

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Really, really sad.
03-21-2015 04:26 PM
Big Tribe Offline
2nd String

Retired after fourteen years as an NFL defensive Back of the Decade, many All-NFL teams, and a sure bet for the NFL Hall of Fame...holds several big NFL interception and interception yardage records. Career ahead of him as an ESPN commentator.

Very sad how he ruined his life and threw everything away. He's going to jail and he's still just 38 years old.

Obviously, brought it all on himself.
03-21-2015 07:02 PM
SoCal Frank Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Wm and Mary
Regardless of all those accolades; this guy is a serial sexual predator and is a low life piece of trash. He's been in
LA County for a year. Will be behind bars until well into middle age. Right where he belongs. My only hope is that he does his time in a state other than California so we don't have to pay to house this scumbag. Maybe Nevada with OJ ? They could channel their Burt Reynolds and be like that movie.
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2015 09:59 PM by SoCal Frank.)
03-21-2015 09:27 PM
B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
I didn't realize he was a William and Mary product. That sucks, but there's a bad apple in every basket. Still a class school, and I don't know much about the program but I wouldn't be inclined to view his actions as an indictment on William and Mary football at all.
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2015 08:41 PM by B_Hawk06.)
03-22-2015 08:40 PM
Advertisement

WMTribe90 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tribe
(03-22-2015 08:40 PM)CoastGuardHawk06 Wrote:  I didn't realize he was a William and Mary product. That sucks, but there's a bad apple in every basket. Still a class school, and I don't know much about the program but I wouldn't be inclined to view his actions as an indictment on William and Mary football at all.

I knew him well enough to say he was not a bad apple when he was at WM. Never in any real trouble and nothing of the nature of his current crimes, which appear to have started after his NFL playing career. Can't say why he broke bad. Real shame for him and his victims.
03-22-2015 09:27 PM
tribe_pride Offline
1st String

Sharper just received 9 years from the Arizona court. Looks like more change of pleas to come with additional sentences according to the article.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/125445...-plea-deal
03-23-2015 12:10 PM
tribeintexas Offline
1st String

I Root For: William&Mary
With more sentencing from LA and NO, Sharper will be in jail for at least 20~30 years. Such a shame after outstanding career.
03-23-2015 01:02 PM
NC Tribe Offline
1st String

I Root For: W&M, JMU
(03-23-2015 01:02 PM)tribeintexas Wrote:  With more sentencing from LA and NO, Sharper will be in jail for at least 20~30 years. Such a shame after outstanding career.

I thought one of the articles said he would be serving concurrent sentences, so he might not be in more than 10 years. Probably how they got him to change his plea to guilty.
03-23-2015 01:06 PM
nogretheogre Offline
Lord of Bots & Tots

Assume civil suits will take away his $$$
03-23-2015 01:09 PM
Advertisement

Tribe32 Offline
All American

They can't take his NFL pension which could be a lot of money
03-23-2015 03:39 PM
SoCal Frank Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Wm and Mary
That's what OJ treasures his nfl pension.
03-23-2015 05:10 PM
nogretheogre Offline
Lord of Bots & Tots

Bonfire of Sharper memorobilia at Spring Game?
03-23-2015 09:25 PM
Tribe Fan Offline
Special Teams

This whole awful fall from grace just makes me wonder...what happened to someone of apparent good character and was respected to become such a low life ? Sad
03-24-2015 08:47 AM
62Indian Offline
Special Teams

(03-24-2015 08:47 AM)Tribe Fan Wrote:  This whole awful fall from grace just makes me wonder...what happened to someone of apparent good character and was respected to become such a low life ? Sad

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I, too, think there is more than meets the eye in this situation/saga. How does a person lead what appeared to be an exempleary life for 35 years, and then all of a sudden, go bad??

The Sharper situation is very similar to the Bill Cosby situation, except that Cos allegedly has/had a long history of similar actions.
03-24-2015 09:24 AM
Advertisement

mrjoolius Offline
Hall of Famer

Are they saying that all of these assaults started after he retired? I can't imagine someone just wakes up one morning and decides they are going to drug/rape women. Plenty of woman have come forward. Are there any women that have come forward from when he was playing in the pros? So tragic on so many levels...
03-24-2015 09:38 AM
WMTribe90 Offline
Special Teams

Not to prolong this thread, but I suspect brain trauma played at least a contributing role to this seemingly sudden change in behavior. Its not to say he lost all sense of right and wrong, but there is science indicating brain trauma can cause a loss of self control through reduced inhibition. Not saying this makes him innocent of his crimes, but would explain why he seemingly went off the deep end in dramatic and sudden fashion.
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2015 09:50 AM by WMTribe90.)
03-24-2015 09:44 AM
WMTribe90 Offline
Special Teams

(03-24-2015 09:38 AM)mrjoolius Wrote:  Are they saying that all of these assaults started after he retired? I can't imagine someone just wakes up one morning and decides they are going to drug/rape women. Plenty of woman have come forward. Are there any women that have come forward from when he was playing in the pros? So tragic on so many levels...

They way he was going about his crimes he was nearly guaranteed of being caught (good thing). That does lead me to believe that he started this behavior after retiring. If he had been doing this for years and years other women would have come forward after this story broke in the news.
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2015 09:55 AM by WMTribe90.)
03-24-2015 09:49 AM
62Indian Offline
Special Teams

(03-24-2015 09:38 AM)mrjoolius Wrote:  Are they saying that all of these assaults started after he retired? I can't imagine someone just wakes up one morning and decides they are going to drug/rape women. Plenty of woman have come forward. Are there any women that have come forward from when he was playing in the pros? So tragic on so many levels...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
That is exactly what all of the press reports I have read have stated - that the "assaults" started after his retirement.

If that is, in fact, true then I believe that a really good defense Attorney could have put together a "case" that resulted in a lesser penalty. [A long time NFL football player with brain injury? multiple concussions?]
03-24-2015 10:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.