Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Women's Basketball Tournament
Bookmark and Share
Pitz Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Dukes.
Tipped off an hour ago: http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/scoreboard

JMU on ESPN2 tomorrow at 1:30 if you live in Harrisonburg or Ohio. Whip-around coverage and online (ESPN3) streaming available for others.

[Image: ncw_saturday130_ms_576x350.jpg]
03-20-2015 12:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: James Madison
It looks like they decided to air it in Harrisonburg's Nielsen defined TV market. How clever of them!
If you're wondering, that's the cities of Harrisonburg, Staunton and waynesboro, as well as the counties of rockingham, Augusta and Pendleton (WV).
If you don't live in those cities/counties, it's espn 3 only.
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2015 12:36 PM by Potomac.)
03-20-2015 12:34 PM
Pitz Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Dukes.
RE: Women's Basketball Tournament
#13 Albany hanging tough with #4 Duke in Durham.
03-20-2015 12:37 PM
jmuroadwarrior Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU albany
Albany 44-43 with 5:25 left
03-20-2015 12:49 PM
jmuroadwarrior Offline
1st String

(03-20-2015 12:49 PM)jmuroadwarrior Wrote:  Albany 44-43 with 5:25 left

Double technical..... Duke not used to a team not intimidated by their size.
03-20-2015 12:52 PM
jmuroadwarrior Offline
1st String

(03-20-2015 12:52 PM)jmuroadwarrior Wrote:  

Final media with Albany up 46-45 and shooting a FT
03-20-2015 12:56 PM
Advertisement

jmuroadwarrior Offline
1st String

(03-20-2015 12:56 PM)jmuroadwarrior Wrote:  

This is a great template for our game tomorrow!
03-20-2015 12:57 PM
jmuroadwarrior Offline
1st String

(03-20-2015 12:57 PM)jmuroadwarrior Wrote:  
(03-20-2015 12:56 PM)jmuroadwarrior Wrote:  

This is a great template for our game tomorrow!

Except for the ending........ Duke houdinis prevail ....UGH
03-20-2015 01:17 PM
Duke Dynasty Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: JMU
(03-20-2015 12:34 PM)Potomac Wrote:  It looks like they decided to air it in Harrisonburg's Nielsen defined TV market. How clever of them!
If you're wondering, that's the cities of Harrisonburg, Staunton and waynesboro, as well as the counties of rockingham, Augusta and Pendleton (WV).

Same situation as last season. Generally every other team playing at the same time had full coverage throughout its state, at least; JMU had only its very immediate area. Live 20 minutes east or north, across the county line, and you get wrap-around coverage. Miss all of the state's metro areas. For the second straight year Maryland gets far greater full coverage in Virginia than JMU. JMU multimedia communications director, assistant AD for communications and deputy AD aware of the the arrangement; maybe improved branding will help.
03-20-2015 01:32 PM
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-20-2015 01:32 PM)Duke Dynasty Wrote:  
(03-20-2015 12:34 PM)Potomac Wrote:  It looks like they decided to air it in Harrisonburg's Nielsen defined TV market. How clever of them!

Same situation as last season. Generally every other team playing at the same time had full coverage throughout its state, at least; JMU had only its very immediate area. Live 20 minutes east or north, across the county line, and you get wrap-around coverage. Miss all of the state's metro areas. For the second straight year Maryland gets far greater full coverage in Virginia than JMU. JMU multimedia communications director, assistant AD for communications and deputy AD aware of the the arrangement; maybe improved branding will help.

Honestly some schmuck producer saying, "non-bcs teams don't carry their state so only air in their immediate markets". He then looks up whatever Nielsen "defines" as our market and then selects only households in those regions exclusively. Everyone else gets their national "wrap around" coverage, which isn't even worth watching.
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2015 02:42 PM by Potomac.)
03-20-2015 02:41 PM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-20-2015 02:41 PM)Potomac Wrote:  

Honestly some schmuck producer saying, "non-bcs teams don't carry their state so only air in their immediate markets". He then looks up whatever Nielsen "defines" as our market and then selects only households in those regions exclusively. Everyone else gets their national "wrap around" coverage, which isn't even worth watching.

Wrap around coverage is absolutely horrible. Its like watching our slide show that Stretch provides, more frustration than value.
03-20-2015 02:43 PM
Advertisement

HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

Alright guys, if you're not attending in person (sadly, this is me), just fire up ESPN3 & Chromecast/AppleTV/HDMI cable connect it to your TV. Don't mess with the possibility of the whip around. That ess is just turrible.
03-20-2015 04:04 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(03-20-2015 02:41 PM)Potomac Wrote:  

Was it last year or prior that we got Dawn effing Staley COACHING a game, cause some genius thought that would draw Va. eyeballs moreso than an actual TEAM in Va. playing?
03-20-2015 04:24 PM
CISDuke2014 Offline
1st String

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like a little kid the night before Christmas? I can't even sleep I am so excited for tomorrow's game. I guess one's first trip to the NCAA tournament will do that to you.
03-21-2015 12:07 AM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-21-2015 12:07 AM)CISDuke2014 Wrote:  Is it just me or does anyone else feel like a little kid the night before Christmas? I can't even sleep I am so excited for tomorrow's game. I guess one's first trip to the NCAA tournament will do that to you.

I sooooooo hope we outnumber those in red. I feel pretty confident those left over from the early game (at least the one's in light blue) will be root'n for the Dukes. We gotta make some noise.
03-21-2015 04:24 AM
maggiemay_JMU Offline
2nd String

Heading out to Chapel Hill. Hope to see a lot of purple in the crowd. Go Dukes!!
03-21-2015 06:09 AM
Advertisement

Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

Good luck to the Lady Dukes. If Kenny can coach another tournament win the program's momentum will be like a freight train.
03-21-2015 07:30 AM
FreshDad Offline
Bench Warmer

(03-21-2015 07:30 AM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  Good luck to the Lady Dukes. If Kenny can coach another tournament win the program's momentum will be like a freight train.

The WBB program is such a source of pride for JMU! We wish KB and his girls all the best ...

GO DUUUUUUKES !!! 02-13-banana
03-21-2015 09:06 AM
CISDuke2014 Offline
1st String

I don't think we'll have a problem with fan support, seems people like pulling for the underdog so UNC fans should be rooting for us too. Hopefully though we'll have enough true Dukes fans it won't matter. Me and my other 3 are only 45 minutes away! GO DUUUUUUKES!
03-21-2015 10:07 AM
hburg Offline

North Carolina should move on, Princeton beat Green Bay. Go Dukes, Beat Ohio State!
03-21-2015 12:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.