Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The constant negative stuff on this board is getting old.
Bookmark and Share
eastside cat Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
The constant negative stuff on this board is getting old.
It seems that you are only considered an informed fan on the board if you are constantly negative and believe the team sucks. You have to be ready to turn on the players for not playing perfectly. People were jumping off the ledge during the game, calling out every player on the team as sucking. Do you actually cheer when you watched the game or you like those old guys on the Muppet show? This team has played their hearts out all year and all they get here, is crap. When Ellis went out the black cloud posters said this is it, we will lose by 14 or more. I am going to say this one more time, this is a young team with no seniors or 5 star players like UK and others get, we are in a crap BB league this year, lost the head coach,and made it to the round of 32. WTF does it take for you to enjoy a team. Did you think this team was a final four team? Hats off to the players and coaching staff.

03-20-2015 06:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Banter Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC Bearcats
RE: The constant negative stuff on this board is getting old.
The amount of venomous hate towards Cronin, and our team last night was a bit unbearable. Many of you did not get to enjoy an amazing moment in this schools basketball history. That Caupain buzzer beater will be on the UC highlight reels for a long long time.

03-20-2015 07:14 AM
apoe Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Agree on all points. Sadly, I think a loss to UK would mean a rehash of all the "Mick doesn't recruit shooters or guys with basketball IQ" drivel.

Someone should take 5 minutes and post a greatest hits of douchbaggery from the game thread, I bet it would be sad and hilarious at the same time.

03-20-2015 07:24 AM
Former Lurker Offline
All American

I Root For: UC...who else?
(03-20-2015 07:14 AM)Banter Wrote:  The amount of venomous hate towards Cronin, and our team last night was a bit unbearable. Many of you did not get to enjoy an amazing moment in this schools basketball history. That Caupain buzzer beater will be on the UC highlight reels for a long long time.
"Venomous hate" overstates it. A lot of fans are frustrated that the program seems to have plateaued about 4 years ago at a level where we make the tournament, but aren't a legitimate threat to win it, or even get to the Final 4. And I refrained from posting anything negative last night, but I understand where people were coming from.

03-20-2015 07:27 AM
Banter Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(03-20-2015 07:27 AM)Former Lurker Wrote:  
(03-20-2015 07:14 AM)Banter Wrote:  The amount of venomous hate towards Cronin, and our team last night was a bit unbearable. Many of you did not get to enjoy an amazing moment in this schools basketball history. That Caupain buzzer beater will be on the UC highlight reels for a long long time.
"Venomous hate" overstates it. A lot of fans are frustrated that the program seems to have plateaued about 4 years ago at a level where we make the tournament, but aren't a legitimate threat to win it, or even get to the Final 4. And I refrained from posting anything negative last night, but I understand where people were coming from.

Maybe not towards the team, or Cronin, but there was a lot of disgusting hate towards Ellis.

03-20-2015 07:31 AM
BeerCat Offline
Terminally Chill

I Root For: Who's playin uk
(03-20-2015 07:24 AM)apoe Wrote:  Agree on all points. Sadly, I think a loss to UK would mean a rehash of all the "Mick doesn't recruit shooters or guys with basketball IQ" drivel.

I seriously doubt that. This wouldn't be losing to ECU or Tulane.

03-20-2015 07:44 AM
Advertisement

bearcats23 Offline
All American

I Root For: bearcats23
There was plenty of Caupain sucks comments in the game thread. Didn't see many of them after the game though. I understand being frustrated, but hammering on a 19 year old because they aren't playing exactly how you want shows a little about someone's character IMO.

03-20-2015 07:48 AM
Dannyboy Offline
All American

I Root For: Bearcats
Pre-season, the best case for me was if we won a tournament game. We did it. I'm amazed and thrilled because a month ago I wouldn't have thought it possible. Playing UK makes it even better because they're the best and who doesn't want to take on the best? Our guys are going to play their hearts out and prove that they've done all they could this year. That's all you can ever ask for.

03-20-2015 07:49 AM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
Caupain is a really good pg...i just wish he was more aggressive and more selfish. Think the Uconn at home game. He can be that guy for UC.

03-20-2015 07:51 AM
jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Not "Not Duane"
I called Ellis a Dipsh#t and that he embarrassed the school. I still stand by that. Other than people pissed at Ellis, I don't recall too much "venom" as you say. Maybe some people complaining about clanking shots, which is still something that could be improved upon.

03-20-2015 07:58 AM
rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
(03-20-2015 06:44 AM)eastside cat Wrote:  It seems that you are only considered an informed fan on the board if you are constantly negative and believe the team sucks. You have to be ready to turn on the players for not playing perfectly. People were jumping off the ledge during the game, calling out every player on the team as sucking. Do you actually cheer when you watched the game or you like those old guys on the Muppet show? This team has played their hearts out all year and all they get here, is crap. When Ellis went out the black cloud posters said this is it, we will lose by 14 or more. I am going to say this one more time, this is a young team with no seniors or 5 star players like UK and others get, we are in a crap BB league this year, lost the head coach,and made it to the round of 32. WTF does it take for you to enjoy a team. Did you think this team was a final four team? Hats off to the players and coaching staff.

Easy solution. Dont pay attention to it. Or you can continue to be negative about it. Which is ironic.

Quit bitchin.

03-20-2015 08:01 AM
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
(03-20-2015 07:48 AM)bearcats23 Wrote:  There was plenty of Caupain sucks comments in the game thread. Didn't see many of them after the game though. I understand being frustrated, but hammering on a 19 year old because they aren't playing exactly how you want shows a little about someone's character IMO.

Did you watch him the first 37 minutes of that game? Seruously. Sometimes I wonder.

03-20-2015 08:03 AM
bearcats23 Offline
All American

I Root For: bearcats23
(03-20-2015 08:03 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  
(03-20-2015 07:48 AM)bearcats23 Wrote:  There was plenty of Caupain sucks comments in the game thread. Didn't see many of them after the game though. I understand being frustrated, but hammering on a 19 year old because they aren't playing exactly how you want shows a little about someone's character IMO.

Did you watch him the first 37 minutes of that game? Seruously. Sometimes I wonder.

Obviously he wasn't much of a factor. I understand people saying he needs to be selfish, criticizing him for being too passive, etc. Go back through the game thread, people wanted his head. The kid sucks, right?

edit: I actually did just go back through the game thread, it wasn't as critical as I remember. However my favorite post was "Troy just doesn't have the gene". That was prophetic!

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2015 08:34 AM by bearcats23.)
03-20-2015 08:30 AM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
We just beat a solid Purdue team without our coach, without our starting center, in OT.

Can we just enjoy it one day!?

03-20-2015 08:35 AM
Coopdaddy67 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ice cream
(03-20-2015 06:44 AM)eastside cat Wrote:  It seems that you are only considered an informed fan on the board if you are constantly negative and believe the team sucks. You have to be ready to turn on the players for not playing perfectly. People were jumping off the ledge during the game, calling out every player on the team as sucking. Do you actually cheer when you watched the game or you like those old guys on the Muppet show? This team has played their hearts out all year and all they get here, is crap. When Ellis went out the black cloud posters said this is it, we will lose by 14 or more. I am going to say this one more time, this is a young team with no seniors or 5 star players like UK and others get, we are in a crap BB league this year, lost the head coach,and made it to the round of 32. WTF does it take for you to enjoy a team. Did you think this team was a final four team? Hats off to the players and coaching staff.

Most of us do and say the exact same thing the coaching staff is saying during the game. Do some people go overboard with their venting (and that's what it is)? Sure, but it's the GAME THREAD. I expect two things when I open that thread: comments on how much the referees suck and constant negativity when UC is losing. Fan is sort for fanatic for a reason.

03-20-2015 08:36 AM
JackieTreehorn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Bearcats
Sometimes when I read stuff on here, you'd think UC went 10-22 for the season. I think some of it stems from the notion that it's easier to sound authoritative regarding sports by criticizing rather than praising. Also think the anonymous nature of the internet allows people to say cruel and cutting things about someone on-line that they would never say to someone's face given the opportunity.

03-20-2015 08:37 AM
Advertisement

@ES Trader Offline
1st String

Its an online forum and people get emotional during games. If you dont like it just ignore it. Why start another thread to make the situation worse?

People are entitled to their own opinions but I completely agree that the lack of accountability online is troublesome. Free speech doesnt mean someone shouldnt be held accountable.

Go Cats and I'll see you in Cleveland.

03-20-2015 08:50 AM
@ES Trader Offline
1st String

(03-20-2015 07:49 AM)Dannyboy Wrote:  Pre-season, the best case for me was if we won a tournament game. We did it. I'm amazed and thrilled because a month ago I wouldn't have thought it possible. Playing UK makes it even better because they're the best and who doesn't want to take on the best? Our guys are going to play their hearts out and prove that they've done all they could this year. That's all you can ever ask for.

x2

03-20-2015 08:52 AM
BeerCat Offline
Terminally Chill

I Root For: Who's playin uk
Some people should familiarize themselves with the differences between forums and blogs.

03-20-2015 09:07 AM
bearcatlawjd2 Offline
All American

It probably doesn't help that UC is located in the high rent district of college basketball programs. Our neighbors include Xavier, Dayton, Ohio State, Kentucky, Louisville, and Indiana. No matter what the Bearcats do there is always at least one (usually more than one) program in that group that has a better season.

The Bearcats have had an awesome season, this team actually has advanced further in the tournament than the last two teams lead by the school's second 2000 point man. This year is the foundation for what should be a nice run over the next couple of seasons.

Saturday should be interesting, the Bearcats are better than the teams that gave Kentucky a scare during the SEC season. If the Bearcats make some shots and don't turn the ball over there is good chance they will be in the game until the final buzzer with a shot at winning.

03-20-2015 09:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.