Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Mooch’s “Let’s Move” Group Tells Americans: No More “All-You-Can-Eat” Buffets…
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
Mooch’s “Let’s Move” Group Tells Americans: No More “All-You-Can-Eat” Buffets…
[Image: nlrbsj.jpg]

Michael Moore reported to be reconsidering his support for Barack Obama.

Quote:First Lady Michelle Obama’s anti-obesity campaign Let’s Move is out with new advice for Americans: skip the buffet and stick to unsweetened tea. […]

The suggestions include choosing water, fat-free milk, and unsweetened tea instead of soda, and asking for salad dressing to be served on the side. “Then use only as much as you want,” Let’s Move said.

“Choose a ‘small’ or ‘medium’ portion,” they said. “This includes main dishes, side dishes, and beverages.”

The recommendations also included opting for vegetable stir fries and kebobs, and steering clear of the buffet.

“Order an item from the menu instead heading for the ‘all-you-can-eat’ buffet,” Let’s Move said.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/lets-move-skip-the-buffet/
03-18-2015 09:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
RE: Mooch’s “Let’s Move” Group Tells Americans: No More “All-You-Can-Eat” Buffets…
Why does she want Americans to lose jobs?
03-18-2015 10:02 AM
Brokeback Flamer Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tight ends
RE: Mooch’s “Let’s Move” Group Tells Americans: No More “All-You-Can-Eat” Buffets…
Nothing is more American than Chinese Lunch buffets and Golden Corral!
03-18-2015 10:07 AM
BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU

Donators
Again, she's not wrong.
03-18-2015 10:12 AM
vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USNA/UTK
(03-18-2015 10:12 AM)BleedsHuskieRed Wrote:  Again, she's not wrong.

In a socialized health care system, monitoring of everyone else's health is just as important as your own. So you're right, from that perspective she isn't wrong. But I'm not of the opinion that the Gov't should go out and prevent people from doing stupid things.
03-18-2015 10:21 AM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
i fail to see why people care what the flotus does. unless of course, she's a clinton. the first lady is given these pet projects to appear relevant. was there outrage with nancy reagan and her drug crusade?
03-18-2015 10:23 AM
Advertisement

Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(03-18-2015 10:23 AM)Lush Wrote:  i fail to see why people care what the flotus does. unless of course, she's a clinton. the first lady is given these pet projects to appear relevant. was there outrage with nancy reagan and her drug crusade?

I don't care what she does either. Now, if I were a 17 year old high school boy, I'm not sure I'd be happy with how she's influenced what shows up on school lunch trays. Hell, when I was that age I'd often get 2 lunches anyway to tide me over till after football or basketball practice. I burned a ton of calories at that age.
03-18-2015 10:27 AM
BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

Donators
(03-18-2015 10:21 AM)vandiver49 Wrote:  

In a socialized health care system, monitoring of everyone else's health is just as important as your own. So you're right, from that perspective she isn't wrong. But I'm not of the opinion that the Gov't should go out and prevent people from doing stupid things.
She hasn't proposed legislation or withheld oral from Obama to have him make an EO to ban buffets, she's just saying we should skip them, which is 100% right.

That being said, I love me some Chinese Buffet. Golden Corral too, but I haven't been there in years.
03-18-2015 10:31 AM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
If you are obese, you should stay away from the buffet, but I gather most obese people don't give a schit or they wouldn't be there to begin with. I am not obese and if I want to pig out at a buffet she can go f herself.
03-18-2015 10:38 AM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(03-18-2015 10:31 AM)BleedsHuskieRed Wrote:  

She hasn't proposed legislation or withheld oral from Obama to have him make an EO to ban buffets, she's just saying we should skip them, which is 100% right.

That being said, I love me some Chinese Buffet. Golden Corral too, but I haven't been there in years.

There was a time when I would go to a buffet and "make sure I got my moneys worth". However, now that I watch my weight - I actually eat more of what's better for me than some regular restaurants. I might get seconds on green beans and such and totally skip the sweets. I'm still full, but ate less trashy stuff.
03-18-2015 10:38 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

So she wants restaurant employees to lose their jobs?
03-18-2015 10:53 AM
Advertisement

ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
Looks like SHE should lay off the buffet. She's built like a retired WNBA player.
03-18-2015 11:04 AM
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
[Image: ru0c5t.jpg]

How does this quote reconcile with her obsession on telling Americans how to eat?
03-18-2015 11:23 AM
BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

Donators
(03-18-2015 10:53 AM)VA49er Wrote:  

She didn't say don't go out to eat, she said make healthier choices when doing so, such as by ordering a single item off the menu.

When people say save money by cooking at home, do you really think their goal is to have restaurant employees lose their jobs? No. Same thing here. Be healthier by not rocking the buffet does not equal, I want that waitress at Golden Corral to head to the unemployment line.
03-18-2015 11:29 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

Quote:We need to start focusing on what matters - on how we feel, and how we feel about ourselves.

As muttered by unattractive, overweight people the world over.
03-18-2015 11:50 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

(03-18-2015 11:29 AM)BleedsHuskieRed Wrote:  

She didn't say don't go out to eat, she said make healthier choices when doing so, such as by ordering a single item off the menu.

Well, in the real world, those choices have consequences. If she is telling people to avoid buffet type restaurants then she is essentially saying she doesn't care about the folks working in said restaurants because if business falls off those places will close and those employees will be of a job. I'm pretty sure she hasn't even thought that far down the road though.
03-18-2015 11:50 AM
Advertisement

vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USNA/UTK

true, but much like the other thread that mentions the EPA wanting to monitor and eventually charge for indulgent water uses, this is the genesis of such policy. when simple recommendations don't work, enact laws of coercion.
03-18-2015 11:59 AM
BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

Donators
(03-18-2015 11:50 AM)VA49er Wrote:  

Well, in the real world, those choices have consequences. If she is telling people to avoid buffet type restaurants then she is essentially saying she doesn't care about the folks working in said restaurants because if business falls off those places will close and those employees will be of a job. I'm pretty sure she hasn't even thought that far down the road though.
Everything has consequences, obviously. I can't even comprehend the argument you're making. You might as well be saying "Michelle should have no opinions on anything that could impact someone about something." It's not her job to make sure that "big buffet" is shown in a positive light. It's not really her job to do anything. So she can go ahead and tell us fat ass Americans we should probably skip the buffet, and frankly we should probably listen to that ad.

I don't really care for much that anyone in her family does, but trying to get Americans to be healthier is one thing I can get on board with.
03-18-2015 12:31 PM
BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

Donators
(03-18-2015 11:59 AM)vandiver49 Wrote:  

true, but much like the other thread that mentions the EPA wanting to monitor and eventually charge for indulgent water uses, this is the genesis of such policy. when simple recommendations don't work, enact laws of coercion.
Michelle Obama does not have any of the regulatory authority the EPA does. I get it, no one here except for the resident liberals care for anything Michelle says. Did anyone go after Laura Bush for wanting to increase funding for libraries? I mean, she could put bookstores out of work if everyone can read books for free.
03-18-2015 12:33 PM
VA49er Offline
Legend

(03-18-2015 12:31 PM)BleedsHuskieRed Wrote:  
(03-18-2015 11:50 AM)VA49er Wrote:  

Everything has consequences, obviously. I can't even comprehend the argument you're making. You might as well be saying "Michelle should have no opinions on anything that could impact someone about something." It's not her job to make sure that "big buffet" is shown in a positive light. It's not really her job to do anything. So she can go ahead and tell us fat ass Americans we should probably skip the buffet, and frankly we should probably listen to that ad.

I don't really care for much that anyone in her family does, but trying to get Americans to be healthier is one thing I can get on board with.

Well, she is in a position where her suggestions can have real consequences. Just look at the school lunch fiasco. It's not just her, but politicians, and the like, in general that operate in a silo and give no thought to how their actions play out in the real world. We've seen it on a much larger scale with the ACA, and this is just a smaller example.
03-18-2015 12:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.